Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows Download Issues
If you can't download your TurboTax for Windows program, follow all of the following steps, and then try downloading again after completing each one.
TurboTax Advantage: Some TurboTax Advantage customers report that they don't have the blue "download now" link in their account. You can easily work around this issue by clicking the product description in the Items Ordered column instead. Go here for a screenshot.
If you successfully downloaded your product but now you're having trouble finding or installing it, refer to the links at the end of this article.
If your wireless connection is interrupted or isn't working, you won't be able to successfully e-file, update, and/or download TurboTax.
For this reason, we recommend using a wired, broadband connection with your TurboTax CD/Download software.
Here's a few things you can do if you're having problems e-filing, updating, or downloading TurboTax on a wireless connection:
- (Recommended) Switch to a wired connection, if one is available.
- Open a new Internet browser session and try visiting sites that you haven't visited for a while.
- If you can't access other sites, try restarting your wireless router.
- If you're still having problems, power down your computer, your router, and your modem, in that order. Wait a minute or two, then power up your modem. Wait another minute, then power up your router and then your computer.
- Try connecting to the Internet through your web browser. If you can't, check your Internet connection.
- Make sure Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2 or later is installed if you're trying to download through TurboTax even if you use a different browser for accessing the Internet.
- Temporarily turn off your firewall and virus-detection software as well as any other program that connects to the Internet, such as e-mail or web browsers.
- Remember to turn your security software back on after downloading is complete!
- Allow cookies and pop-up windows.
- (Dial-ups) Disable or turn off any download accelerators before downloading.
- Check your router if you use one.
- Did you uninstall McAfee software? A leftover McAfee file has been known to interfere with TurboTax downloads. Remove it by following the directions at the McAfee Web site.