Error 3: Bootstrapper error
Error 3: Bootstrapper error occurs during installation or startup.
This issue may be caused by corrupted installer files.
- Uninstall TurboTax.
- If you didn't install from a CD, delete the downloaded installer (.exe or .dmg) you used to install TurboTax.
- Temporarily disable any virus-protection, firewall, and security software that may be running.
- Make sure you have administrator rights.
- If you don't have a TurboTax CD, download a fresh copy of the TurboTax installer.
- Reinstall TurboTax.
- Re-enable the software you disabled in Step 3.