E-file rejection error SEIC-F1040-535-02: Line 2 QualifyingChildSSN and ChildYearOfBirth must match
How to fix an e-filed return that was rejected with error SEIC-F1040-535-02: For each child on Schedule EIC (Form 1040A or Form 1040), Line 2 'QualifyingChildSSN' and Line 3 'ChildYearOfBirth' must match that in the e-File database.
This rejection occurs when the dependent's Social Security number or date of birth is either incorrect or doesn't match what's on file with the IRS.
Get your dependent's Social Security card and then follow these steps to make sure their information was entered correctly:
- Open your return in TurboTax, and then click Personal Info.
- Continue until you reach the Your Personal Info Summary screen.
- Next to the dependents section (you may need to scroll down), click Edit.
- Click Edit next to the first dependent listed on the Your Children and Others You Support screen.
- Proceed through the interview, making sure that the dependent's Date of Birth and Social Security number exactly matches the information on their Social Security card.
- If the information is wrong, correct it.
- Continue until you're back at the Your Children and Others You Support screen. Repeat Steps 4-6 for any additional dependents.
If you made any corrections, click Done and then e-file your return again.
Otherwise, if you verified that the information you entered into TurboTax exactly matches your dependent's Social Security card, your next step is to call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 to verify that the SSA's records are correct. (The IRS gets their information from the SSA.) Correct SSA records will prevent the same rejection next year.
In the meantime, you will need to file a paper return, as your return will continue to get rejected until the mismatch is fixed at the SSA, which can take at 4–6 weeks or even longer.