TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
454 people found this useful

What is Schedule B?

Schedule B reports your interest and dividend income, typically from forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, and 1099-OID.
For tax year 2016, we'll attach Schedule B if your interest and dividend income exceeds $1,500. Otherwise, you don't need it.
If you have an amount in Box 10 (exempt-interest dividends) on your 1099-DIV, remember to also enter the state where the dividends came from, even if Box 12 is empty on your form. Also, if you get prompted to fill out “State ID” (you may have forgotten to select a state in the dropdown) just put in the two-letter abbreviation (CA, NY, IL etc.) for the relevant state.