TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
518 people found this useful

Do I need to file IRS Schedule H?

If you hired a household employee to work in your home, you may be required to pay employment taxes, including Social Security, Medicare, and unemployment. This gets reported on Schedule H, Household Employment Taxes.

You're required to file a Schedule H if you paid:

  • Any one worker $2,000 or more during the year
  • Any one worker, regardless of payment amount, if you withheld income taxes for them
  • Total wages of $1,000 or more during any three-month period to all your household employees in the past two years