Error 4096: Invalid parameters
Error 4096 occurs when attempting to install .NET 2.0:
Improper usage/invalid parameters.
To resolve this error, you need to reinstall .NET 2.0.
Follow these steps:
- Cancel TurboTax installation (if necessary).
- Do one of the following:
- On your TurboTax CD, navigate to dotnetfx.exe in the NET folder, and then double-click dotnetfx.exe to install it.
- Click here to download and then install dotnetfx.exe from the Microsoft site.
- Close open windows and programs.
- Install your TurboTax CD or download.