How do I add Form 2210?
IRS Form 2210 (Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts) calculates the underpayment penalty if you didn't withhold or pay enough taxes during the tax year.
Form 2210-F is a variation if you made at least 2/3 of your gross income from farming or fishing.
We'll automatically generate a 2210 if your return needs it. You can also revisit this section by doing this:
- Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
- Inside TurboTax, search for underpayment of taxes and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- The Underpayment Penalties screen will display the penalty amount. Click or tap Continue to review this section and make any needed adjustments.
- Note: If you see No Underpayment Penalty, you either haven't entered your income and/or estimated tax payments yet, or you aren't subject to an underpayment penalty.
- (Optional) Keep going, and when you get to the Annualized Income Method screen, answer Yes if you want to see if we can reduce the penalty.