Error: "We're having trouble processing your request" when attempting to pay
You may see this error message when attempting to pay your TurboTax fees:
Some customers have reported success by unchecking (clearing) the box Save my data for future purchases and trying again. If that doesn't work, we have other solutions for you to try, below.
Before you try anything else, make sure you're connected to the Internet by visiting web sites you've never been to (or haven't visited in a long while). If you're on wireless, try connecting through an Internet cable, if you have access to one.
Paying with a different credit or debit card sometimes works too.
If you're still having the same problem and you're using Internet Explorer, do this:
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Security tab.
- Click Reset all zones to default level.
- Then, click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to Security (look for the lock) and make sure these boxes are checked:
- Use SSL 3.0
- Use TLS 1.0
- Click OK to close the box, close Internet Explorer, and then try again.
TurboTax Desktop (All Versions):
It's possible that the network traffic for TurboTax Desktop is being blocked and the software has to be ran with elevated privileges.
Most versions of Microsoft Windows require these steps to run as an administrator.
- Right Click the TurboTax Icon.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the 'Run as Administrator' box.
- Apply these settings and run TurboTax.
- It will ask if the customer wants to allow it to 'Run,' say "Yes."
- Your customer should now be able to complete their order.
Finally, if you tried all of these things but you're still getting the error, it's likely the problem lies with us. Please come back later.