TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
12179 people found this useful

What's the fastest way to get my federal tax refund?

The fastest way to get your refund is to e-file your return instead of paper-filing it and choose to have your refund direct deposited in lieu of a check.

This year, for a limited time only, some customers may have the opportunity to apply for a refund advance on a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card. Read more here.

Whichever filing method or refund method you choose, you can track your 2018 federal refund at the IRS's Where's My Refund? site.

Note: The PATH Act prohibits the IRS from issuing early refunds on returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. See this IRS article for more info.