Uninstall TurboTax (Windows)
To uninstall TurboTax, you'll need administrative rights.
Steps may vary slightly, depending on how your particular Windows operating system preferences are set up.
- Close TurboTax.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start, and then select Control Panel. (In Windows 8, access Control Panel from the Power User menu, which is opened by simultaneously pressing the WIN and X keys.)
- Click Uninstall a program (or Programs and Features, if you don't see the uninstall option).
- In Windows XP, you'll click Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll down to the TurboTax version you want to remove, select it, and then click the Remove, Change, or Uninstall button.
- On the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen, click the Uninstall TurboTax button.