Error 1310: Error writing to file
Error 1310: Error writing to file or Attempt to write a read-only database can appear when installing or updating TurboTax.
- You're not logged in as an administrator.
- An anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, desktop search or backup program is interfering with Windows Installer.
- You don't have enough free space on your hard disk(s).
- Folder permissions are set incorrectly:
- The SYSTEM group on your computer does not have Full Control privileges for the directory being updated.
- The Everyone group on your computer does not have Full Control privileges for the directory being updated.
- The Windows Installer system component is not installed correctly.
If you receive this error when attempting to update TurboTax, log in as a computer administrator, and then update.
If the problem continues, or if you are receiving this error when installing TurboTax:
- Clean up your hard drive.
- Restart your computer.
- Make sure you are logged in as a computer administrator.
- Exit all running programs and close browser windows.
- Temporarily turn off anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, desktop search or backup programs you've installed.
- Try installing or updating again.
- If the same error continues to occur, download the Windows Installer.