, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
If you're having trouble installing TurboTax, try disabling your virus-protection software. After installing TurboTax, remember to re-enable your virus protection.
These instructions are intended as a general guide, as we cannot provide specific instructions for third-party software. Check your software's Help or online help option for current information.
- (Recommended) Close all programs that access the Internet or access files from the Internet, including e-mail.
- Locate your virus-protection program's icon in your system tray at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Mac: Look in the top-right area of your screen, in the white menu bar.
- Right-click the icon, and then select Disable (or a similar option) to turn it off.
- Once you have successfully installed TurboTax, repeat step 3, except this time select Enable to turn your virus-protection back on.