TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
14 people found this useful

Why do I need to update TurboTax?

The tax filing season is a busy time. Frequently, Congress, state legislatures, the IRS and state departments of revenue issue new or updated regulations, guidance, instructions, and forms that may affect your taxes.

Our team monitors these activities to make sure we implement any changes necessary to meet new or updated tax law requirements. We also monitor customer feedback to identify areas where we can improve TurboTax.

Last but not least, we include bug fixes in many of our releases so our customers can file with ease and confidence.

Typically, we release at least a dozen updates during the November – April tax season.

How important are updates?

It's essential that you to update TurboTax whenever you are prompted to do so. That's why we automatically check for updates when you install, every time you open TurboTax, and right before you get ready to file your return.

Do I need to do anything special besides just updating TurboTax?

The only thing you need to do is install the update and TurboTax will take care of the rest to ensure your return is accurate. Each new release includes all prior updates, so you're getting the full package every time you update.

What if I'm using TurboTax Online?

We take care of the updates for you; no action is required on your part.

Related Information: