, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
The NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card is a fast and convenient way to get your refund if you filed your taxes using TurboTax Online. It is a prepaid Visa card that can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted – including online, by phone, and in stores.
Whether you expect a refund or not, this card provides access to many benefits, including direct deposit of paychecks so you can avoid expensive check cashing fees.
When you elect to receive your Federal refund deposited to a NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card, TurboTax works with NetSpend to ensure that the proper account information is sent to the IRS (and/or the State) to ensure your refund will be applied to it. When the IRS approves your refund, the money is then electronically deposited to your card.
The NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card has a number of great features. With it you can do the following:
- Get your refund deposited electronically.
- Have some or all of your refund deposited to the Card.
- Choose optional text alerts, including when your refund is deposited. Message and data rates may apply.
- Access to an online account center where you see your balance history and track your spending.
- Your money is protected if your card is lost or stolen.
- Safer than cash.
- Avoid expensive check cashing fees with direct deposit of your paychecks and other recurring payments.
- No overdraft fees. *
* IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING ORDERING THIS PREPAID CARD
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions and their third-party service providers to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, and other information
NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Cards are issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. NetSpend, a TSYS® company, is an Independent Sales Organization pursuant to an agreement with The Bancorp Bank. Certain products and services provided by and through NetSpend are licensed in whole or in part from Alexsam, Inc., and are covered by patents set forth at www.netspend.com/licensedpatentinfo. Use of this Card Account is subject to ID verification and funds availability.
When you are asked how you want your refund, simply select the NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card and review the card's costs and terms.
- Order the card. Your previously entered information will automatically appear on the card order form.
- Expect your personalized card to arrive by mail 7-10 business days after ordering it.
Note: If you change your mind about having a refund deposited to it, the card will still be sent to you: you are not obligated to activate or use it.
- After you receive your card, activate it online or over the phone by following the instructions on the card sticker.
- Once the IRS accepts your return, your refund should be deposited within 21 days.
For questions or issues about your NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card, including its activation, and fees, please call the toll-free NetSpend Customer Service Line 1-855-646-8848.