More Information About the NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card
The NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card is a flexible and convenient way to get your refund if you filed your taxes using TurboTax Online. It is a Visa Prepaid Card that can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted – including online, by phone, and in stores.
Whether you expect a refund or not, this card provides access to many benefits, including direct deposit of your payroll or government benefits so you can avoid expensive check cashing fees.
When you elect to receive your Federal refund deposited to a NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card, TurboTax works with NetSpend to ensure that the proper account information is sent to the IRS (and/or the State) to make sure your refund is correctly applied to it. When the IRS approves your refund, the money is then electronically deposited to your card.
Once you activate your NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card and verify your identity1, you can take advantage of its features that allow you to do the following:
- Get your refund deposited electronically.
- Have some or all of your refund deposited to the Card.
- Choose optional text alerts, including when your refund is deposited. Message and data rates may apply.
- Access to an Online Account Center where you see your balance history and track your spending.
Safer Than Carrying Cash
- If your card is lost or stolen, your money may be protected with Visa Zero Liability2.
- Avoid expensive check cashing fees with direct deposit of your payroll or government benefit checks.
- Spend only the money on the card.
Note: To protect cardholders and prevent fraud we will enforce the following rules: (a) a new card account may only be issued to a tax filer with a valid name, street address, Social Security number, phone, and email combination, and (b) the number of card accounts issued to the same street or email address is limited. Violating one or both of these rules will result in our cancellation of one of more card accounts.
* IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING ORDERING THIS PREPAID CARD
1 IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver's license or other identifying documents.
In accordance with federal regulations, until it is activated and registered, a prepaid card is subject to initial load limitations, may not be used for ATM use, international transactions or account-to-account transfers, or be reloaded. Residents of the State of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.
2 Visa's Zero Liability Policy Visa's Zero Liability Policy does not apply to certain commercial card transactions, or any transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
The NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Netspend, a TSYS® Company, is a registered agent of The Bancorp Bank. This card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000608 and 6,189,787. Use of this Card Account is subject to activation, ID verification and funds availability. Transaction fees, terms, and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account. See the Cardholder Agreement for details.
When you are asked how you want your refund, simply select the NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card and review the card's Cardholder Agreement for fees and terms.
- Order the card. Your previously entered information will automatically appear on the card order form. This information will be used to verify your identity.
- Expect your personalized card to arrive by mail 7-10 business days after ordering it.
Note: If you change your mind about having a refund deposited to it, the card will still be sent to you: you are not obligated to activate or use it.
- After you receive your card, activate online or over the phone by following the instructions on the card sticker.
- Once the IRS accepts your return, your refund will be sent directly to your Card Account.
Be sure the name on the tax return is the same name as the name on your Card Account, so your refund is not delayed. If you're a joint filer, be sure both people are listed on your NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card Account in order to direct deposit your refund to your card.
For questions or issues about your NetSpend Premier® Visa® Prepaid Card, including its activation, and fees, please call the toll-free NetSpend Customer Service Line 1-855-646-8848.