, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Form SS-4 is used to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN). An EIN is a 9-digit number which is assigned to businesses, trusts, and estates to establish a business tax identification with the IRS.
To apply for an EIN number in TurboTax, follow these steps to jump directly to the information:
- Select Federal Taxes (Personal in the Home & Business edition).
- Select Other Tax Situations category, and scroll down the Other Tax Situations screen to the Other Tax Forms group.
- Click Start/Update next to the Miscellaneous Tax Forms topic.
- Click Start/Update next to Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Select how you'd like to apply and follow the instructions.