TurboTax AnswerXchange Home

i need a copy of 2012 tax returns. irs advised they have no record. idid receive my refund. i need copies asap. please advise.

i need a copy of 2012 tax returns i filed using turbo tax.  my comput6er is not letting me do it on line and i have no printer at this time.  irs advised they have no file for 2012.  I need you to advise further.  i need a copy asap.  thanks
yes. i did receive my refund
  • i need a copy of 2012 tax returns filed with turbo tax.  i received y refund.
If you got your 2012 federal refund then the IRS got your return.  Is the IRS now saying they didn't get your return?  You could send them proof of the refund.  
  • It sounds like the Poster needs a copy of the return for another reason (say, financial aid) and tried to get it from the IRS, who seems to have mislaid it!
  • i have no way to send proof as the refund check was deposited in may, 2013.  i have  my user id and password, but my computer will not connect.  how do i get a copy.?
  • do you have my 2012 tax returns on file?  CAN YOU GET A COPY FOR ME?
  • TT does not have copies of your tax returns. You should be able to get a copy of the deposited IRS check from your bank.
  • You have to get it yourself.  If you used the Onine version, You have to log in with the exact same user name and password. If you can't log in or find your return maybe you forgot your password or have multiple accounts

    If that doesn't help, contact Customer Service M-F 8am - 5pm Pacific
  • You can get a copy of the deposited check from the bank where you deposited it.  This will be your proof to the IRS that you filed your return.
    Now, how to get a copy of your tax return, for whatever reason -
    1. If you completed your return with the TurboTax program that you installed on your computer with a CD or download, then the copy of your return is on the computer.  You will need the TurboTax program to open the return, if you did not save a copy as a PDF.
    2. If you completed your return using the online editions of TurboTax you need to log into your account with the exact same userid and password you used to create the account.
    If you are having issues with getting your online return, contact TurboTax support at the following website.  Enter your problem and other information and click Continue.  On the next screen, scroll down to the options Online Chat or Call Us to speak with a TurboTax expert.  Wait times for these options will be shown during business hours.
  • Try calling the IRS again and ask for a supervisor.
Are you saying you DID or DID NOT received your refund?  

Double check if you efiled and your return was accepted…….
Was your return accepted?  Did you get an email accepting or rejecting it? You should get 2 emails.  The first one confirming the efile submission and a second one either accepting or rejecting the return.  So check your emails, it might have gone into your spam folder.  You were suppose to check back after 24 hours and check.  Check your filing status under the Print and file tab. If it shows rejected, fix the error and file again. If it shows no return filed, you need to continue  in order to go all the way through the filing process to submitting your return. Many people think by paying the Turbo Tax fee they have filed.  But you need to continue on to the submit button.  You can efile the current year return until Oct 15.

You had to submit and file the state return separately from the federal return.

You might have just received a confirmation of paying the Turbo Tax fees. You still needed to continue on and finish the filing process and hit submit. If you are due a refund there is no penalty for filing late. If you have a tax due and file late the IRS may send you a bill for interest and penalty.

You have to log in with the exact same user name and password. If you can't log in or find your return maybe you forgot your password or have multiple accounts

If that doesn't help, contact Customer Service M-F 8am - 5pm Pacific

    i need copy of 2012 tax returns asap. do you need any more inform. from me?
    • Follow the instructions at the end of the answer below.
    If you used the desktop version of TT, the file only exists on the computer you used to prepare it. Look for a .tax2012 file (usually in My Documents).
      Contribute an answer

      People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

      1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
      2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
      3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
      4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
      5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

      Similar questions other people found helpful: