, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Transferring from your 2012 TurboTax, TaxACT, or H&R Block program makes preparing your 2013 TurboTax return even easier!
In addition to reducing the amount of data you have to type in manually, transferring ensures accuracy and consistency year over year.
Plus, if you successfully e-filed your 2012 return through TurboTax, transferring virtually eliminates the chance of an e-file rejection due to an incorrect AGI or PIN.
Tip: Although "transferring" and "importing" are often used interchangeably, transferring refers to pulling info from last year's return, whereas importing pulls data from an outside source such as an employer, brokerage, or financial software program.
For complete transfer instructions, simply click the TurboTax program you're using for your 2013 return:
- How do I move my tax return to another computer?
- Move your 2013 Online return to the 2013 TurboTax CD/Download software
- When transferring, what carries over to my 2013 return?
- What info doesn't transfer over to my 2013 return?
- Troubleshoot Transferring from a Prior-Year Return