, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
If you’re not sure that the TurboTax Online Federal product you’ve chosen is the right one for you, we’re here to help.
New this year, TurboTax Online products are based on your individual tax situation and forms that are needed to file your return. These changes are in line with our continuing efforts to provide the easiest, most optimal filing experience for each unique tax situation.
Here is a short list of some common tax situations and the online products that now uniquely support them:
- Itemized Deductions (Schedule A/1040)- Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business
- Capital Gains or Losses (Schedule D) - Premier and Home & Business
- Rental Income (Schedule E) - Premier and Home & Business
- Net Profit from Business (Schedule C-EZ) - Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business
- Profit or Loss from Business (Schedule C) - Home & Business
Check out our online product guide for more information on other forms coverage.
If you are looking to use TurboTax Federal Free Edition, please keep in mind that this version is for taxpayers with very simple returns (Form 1040EZ filers), like a first-time filer or a student.
If you still feel better suited using another TurboTax version, contact us to inquire about the possibility of a one-time price adjustment.