Can I downgrade to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?
Yes, but each version of TurboTax is designed to handle different tax situations and their associated forms.
While you’re welcome to downgrade, you may miss some features—and you’ll be prompted to upgrade when those features are needed.
Before downgrading, check this list to see which version best fits your situation:
- Simple returns (1040EZ or 1040A with the standard deduction)—TurboTax Free Edition
- Itemized Deductions (Schedule A/1040)—Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live
- Capital Gains or Losses (Schedule D)—Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live
- Rental Income (Schedule E)—Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live
- Profit or Loss from Business (Schedules C-EZ and C)—Self-Employed and TurboTax Live
If you still want to downgrade, use the Clear and Start Over feature.