my amended return was accepted on march 20 and adjusted now the irs says they have no record of it being recieved why?

• Did you MAIL it?  An amended 1040X return can not be efiled or accepted.  You might just still be seeing the status of your original return.

Read this on how to amend a 2012 return
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Amend-a-Return/How-to-Amend--Change-or-Correct--a-2012-Return/GEN85210.html

The amended return is form 1040X and can only be mailed (not efiled) and will take 8-12 weeks or more to process.  And they only send checks for amended returns, no direct deposit.  You should also wait to amend your return until you get your original refund or your payment has cleared because the IRS might adjust your original return.
  • I did file the amended after i received my origanal return and i did mail it so tell me something i dont know if you can
  • Then it's in the IRS hands.  You will have to ask them.  Are you using the new amended return lookup website?  That hasn't been working well.  I wouldn't trust it.  

You can now track your amended return refund using the IRS “Where's My Amended Return” tool or by calling 1-866-464-2050.
    http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040x/ch01.html
  • When did you mail your amended return? The IRS says it can take up to 3 weeks before it shows up in their system. If it's more than 4 weeks since you mailed it, and they still say they have no record of it, I would just mail another one. Send it by certified mail, return receipt requested. Or you can bring it in to an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center if you have one near you. They will give you a copy of it, stamped to show that they received it.

Contact Your Local IRS Office
    http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1
If I am understanding what you asked correctly than you are stating that you sent your amended return in, the IRS acknowledged that they received it, acknowledged that they processed it and adjusted your account, but never issued you a check and now are stating that they have no record of receiving it??? If you are getting this information from the Wheres my amended refund tool, or the automated hotline, i wouldn't worry. During system updates or downtime your status will disappear. Just check it again in a day or 2 and it should show up again. If an IRS rep is the one that told you they never received after providing you with an received and adjusted date you need to call back and investigate further. It would be rather odd for those dates to be provided and than they act like they never received it.
  • i have the same issue. on 5/20 they (as per status on website) received it, on 6/24 they adjusted it. i checked on 6/30 and 7/10 and they say there is no record of my amended return. i tried calling 800-829-1040 and 866-464-2050 and automated system says no amended return found.
  • Here are a couple of ways to reach a live IRS agent:

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

At the first prompt, select your language.
    At next prompt choose option 2 (personal income tax).
    At next prompt choose option 1 (questions about a form and tax history)
    At next prompt choose option 4.(for other questions about tax history and payments)
    At next prompt choose option 2. (for all other questions)
    That should (hopefully) transfer you to a live agent.

Or you can also try this number:
    800-829-0582 ext 362