TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Amended Tax return

I amended my tax return due to change of dependents.. If I mail it today... how soon average time should I receive the money .? which is being electronically deposited to the account that the normal refund was deposited to.... and Which papers is it that I need to send? any other documents?
  • i mailed my return 5 weeks ago and still its not showing up why is this
  • I sent in my amended return on April 27th and it still doesnt show in the system either!  I mailed it to the correct address and everything!  Where is my refund?  I call and it sends me through an automated system too, and it says there is no record still.
  • @kelly and might, i sent the past 3 years amendments in the 30th of april and the system tells me they got 2 the 6th of may and the other one the 8th of may
  • ugh, I sent mine in April 27th, so it had to have been received by the first week of May, and I still get "no record found"...
Sorry they don't do direct deposits for amended returns.  They only mail you a check.  It may take 8-12 weeks to process.  

Similar questions other people found helpful: