This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

Amazon.com gift card claim code not received

I had gotten my federal refund on 4/3/13, and was notified that I would receive my Amazon.com gift card claim code in 24-28 hours. It's now been five days, and I still haven't gotten an email on it. Please advise?
  • Same here. This is smelling like a scam and all Intuit seems to say is spend an hour on hold to talk to somebody that doesn't know anything.
  • This is annoying didn't go it last year good thing I didn't put a lot into it.
  • Are there no moderators or admins here that will respond to this?
  • Hello all, sorry to hear about your current situation. Have you still not yet received your claim codes?
  • Nope and I checked my spam folder etc as well
  • I'm investigating for you. I'll be in touch.
  • I haven't received my amazon gift card either and it's been 7 days now.
  • @Lislee - I just sent you an email regarding your order.
  • @headhouse2 - I emailed you regarding your order.
  • f16141usa: Hello! I still haven't gotten my claim code, and it didn't show in the spam/junk folder either.
  • @f16141usa - I've checked and there was no Amazon Refund Bonus order associated with your return.
  • Hello, userID is "f116141usa" not  "f16141usa".  Please check and reply!
  • @f116141usa Sorry for the mistype, underlying message is the same.
  • do you mean this statement "I've checked and there was no Amazon Refund Bonus order associated your return" is still true? if so, please check the sessions of "university national bank refund processing agreement" on section 3 summary of terms.  you can see clearly Amount used to purchase Amazon.com e-gift card. ...this is getting ugly!
  • Yes that is the statement I meant. I cannot view your actual return, just the record in our e-file tracker, so I cannot see what you are referring to. However, to qualify for the Amazon refund bonus direct deposit must be selected for your federal refund. This was not the case for your return. I can't say much more without revealing your private information. If you like we can discuss this further via email. Let me know if you want to do this and I'll drop you a line.
  • The same thing happened to me.   I got an email saying I would receive the email with the code and I have not gotten it.
  • I haven't gotten my amazon gift card either. Got the email telling me i would get a code on the 10th.
  • Yes, I want to have a private conversation with you by email to get my AMazon refund right away.
  • @johnleeclair - I am investigating for you. I will be in touch soon.
  • Thank you
  • @f116141usa - My apologies, I was looking at your State return in the tracker rather than the Federal, hence my earlier mistake. I'll chase the order up for you and email you directly when I have more information.
  • Hello I filed my return April 1st and have heard nothing about the amazon gc I requested.
  • @cocktailhour -  I am investigating for you. I will be in touch soon. I'm assuming you have checked your spam folder already.
  • TTBH - same issue here, username mrdrysdale100.  Can you look into?
  • nothing in spam, junk or deleted.
  • @mrdrysdale100 - I sent you an email, once you respond with the information I need I'll get right on it for you.
  • @f116141usa - I just emailed you. You should be all set now.
  • Thanks a lot for your great support!
  • @mrdrysdale100 - I just emailed you. You should be all set now.
  • Brian - I did not receive your email.  
    Kccaseworker.
  • Brian - I just changed my Turbo Tax email.  Please try to resend your email to this one since I obviously can't receive it at the other one.  Thanx.
  • Me too.  please help!!! missing refund.  It's NOT in my junk or spam or anything.  I am on the phone with support.  They told me you "BrianH" would be able to help me personally... that you're helping people on a cas-by-case basis.
  • I just emailed you and answered your post below.
  • If TurboTax knows this is an issue why hasnt it been corrected? I am having the same issue but it's only day 3. Glad I looked here. I got a gift card to buy something specific as a birthday gift for someone. Now it looks like I will have to pay out of pocket making my initial outlay twice what it should have been.
  • I don't recommend posting TT User ID's on this public message board.
  • Hello Brian, I am having the same issue and have not received my amazon gift card.  I have been putting off a large purchase for my new baby, who has now arrived, until I received the information.  I received my electronic refund on April 10 and have checked my junk mail, but no luck.  Please help, this is extremely frustrating.  Had I known it would take this long, I would not have opted to receive part of my hard earned refund in this manner.  Earlier, I've sent several hours with customer support to no avail.
  • I too have not recieved my gift card. I have spent hours on hold, and now going on an hour in a chat session with 10_Catherina D who is really trying to help me. They have given me Amazon's customer support number, but the person they have answering the call is incompetent and thinks I bought a turbotax gift card through Amazon. Please help!
  • I haven't received mine either.  Checked with spam folder to no avail.  I'd appreciate it if you could check this.  Thanks.
  • I have not received mine...I posted on the forum BrianH was monitoring this past Saturday and have yet to hear anything. based on the other comments it appears that calling TurbOTax and Amazon directly has been an exercise in futility. It is bothersome to be left hanging like this...especially when people had plans for their gift cards...one person is awaiting the gift card to make a large purchase for her newborn, another had their entire refund placed on a card, and I  the had to pay cash for a gift that I specifically purchased the gift card to buy. Very upsetting and it seems that TurboTax is giving folks the run around. TurboTax should suspend this offering until they resolve the issue. To all who have not received any help and have been waiting for days I would say contact the BBB
  • I thought I'd get creative - I'm the one with the newborn.  I took to twitter today figuring that making it public would drive some action.  If I don't get a response by tomorrow midday, I will contact BBB.  good suggestion.
  • mhkinsy, I'm curious - did the IRS already deposit your refund into your bank?
  • peterclark, based on her post from the other day she has already received her direct deposit from IRS. I have also received my refund but no Amazon gift card.
  • I feel bad saying this, but here goes:  my refund was deposited to my bank this morning, and I just redeemed my gift card and placed an order to make sure it works (it does).  Stay strong, everyone!
  • Thanks for sharing Peter...no need to feel bad...I know it has worked for the majority. I think people are more upset about the lack of warning, being given the run around, and lack of resolution. Intuit/TurboTax has not done a very good job of being communicative. I am glad that you got your gift card.
  • That's correct, I received my refund on April 13.
  • mhkinsy TurboTax has a Facebook page...since I don't have an account I had my friend post the link to this forum. They say someone monitors that page 8-5 mst daily. maybe they will get the memo and have someone respond. perhaps BrianH is on vacation.
  • I also have not yet received my gift card. I constantly check my spam and email and nothing. The gift card is a substantial amount so i"m quite worried.
  • Hi, I received the rest of my refund but no Amazon code, could you check on this please? Email address is the same.
  • Hi, I too have not received the Amazon gift card email with the code.  I have checked the spam folder and it is not there.  Please let e know.  Thanks.
  • Add me to the list.  I checked my spam filter and no email.  (removed email address - this is a public forum do not post personal information)
    Thanks.
  • I too have not received my Amazon gift card - i received the notice saying I would get it in 24-48 hrs, its not in my spam folder, I talked to Turbo Tx who referred me to Amazon who referred me to Turbo Tax- Im frustrated and have no idea what to do next.  Surely TT will do something with all these posts they must be aware of this?
  • i haven't received my card. please advise
  • Add me to the list of those that have not received amazon gift card.  Thanks.
  • @TurboTaxBrianH - We are waiting for our Amazon gift code too.  Checking with Amazon's customer service, they show that the code has not been issued to us yet.  I'm hoping you can help us track it down.
    Thanks!
  • I never received my amazon.com gift card.  How can I tracks it's location? it has been over a month since I received my federal refund.
  • I'm not sure anyone from TT is still monitoring this thread.  
    Here's how to reach TT Customer Support by phone or online chat:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp  

When at that support page, in the search line enter "Amazon card" without quotes.  On the next page, skip the suggested topic links and scroll down until you see two interfaces ONLINE CHAT or CALL US.  It should show the wait times for each.

Support hours are 8 AM - 5 PM Pacific, Mon-Fri.
  • Please track and email code to (personal info removed)thanks!
  • It is soooooooooo annoying!!! I think this amazon gift card problem will detach me from TT next year. Why is there no response to the current ones?
  • You have to contact TT Customer Support as mentioned two comments above yours.
  • I am having the same problem. I've never received the promised e-mail.
  • jeremygrant:

When at that support page, in the search line enter "Amazon card" without quotes..  On the next page, skip the suggested topic links and scroll down until you see two interfaces ONLINE CHAT or CALL US.  It should show the wait times for each.

• Hello, I am having the same problem. I got my email saying it was coming on April 30th & still have received nothing. I have searched my spam & my inbox thoroughly. I have spoken to Amazon customer service once and since it was not a promotion by them they could not help. I have spoken twice now to Turbo tax on the phone & this last time I was on the phone for an hour. She tried very hard to help, but could not figure out what the problem was. I am feeling like I got ripped off. She gave me the number for Sana Barbara Tax. I will try them tonight, but is there someone that can help here? Thank you.
  • @TurboTaxBrianH
  • 298866342_08136:
    Did your email you received have a claim code in it?  There is not a physical card.
  • No, it just said the code would be arriving in 24-48 hours. I've gotten nothing more from them though.
  • Did you receive the  rest of your refund in your bank account?   Since you mentioned SBTPG above, I presume you used the "refund processing service" to have your TT fees paid out of your Federal refund.    Without regard to the Amazon card, have you received the remainder of your refund from SBTPG's bank?   Also don't forget that SBTPG will subtract the TT fees PLUS a 29.99 service charge from your refund.  So is the figure of  $137 the amount that would remain after subtracting the TT fees and the 29.99 service charge?   If so, and $100 went to a giftcard, then $37 should have come to your bank.

SBTPG's live customer assistance closes at 7 PM Eastern.   To get to a live operator choose "option 3" at the prompts.   The phone number is at this site:
    https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx
  • Thank you for the information! The $37 did deposit to my bank account on April 30th. This is the same day that the email came saying my $105 ($100 for my return + the 5% bonus for using the program) Amazon gift card code would be arriving in 24-48 hours. Now when I log on to my TT account there isn't even any information about having done the gift card option. I feel very scammed. I will call SBTPG's customer assistance today & see if they can help.
  • I only mentioned SBTPG because you mentioned it in one of your comments above.    You mentioned that after you talked to TT Customer Support, that you were planning to call SBTPG.   But if, however, you did NOT use that refund processing service, then that part doesn't apply to you.    In fact, I just now see in another thread that you did NOT use SBTPG for the refund processing option--that you say you paid the TT fees upfront by credit card.

It's getting too confusing to handle in a user-to-user forum.    I'll try to have someone from TT contact you.  Hopefully they'll be able to clear it up for you.
  • I still have not received my amazon gift card yet~ Can Turbo tax please help?
  • eversuhoshin:
    Someone from TT may or may not see your post in this user-to-user forum.  Here's how to reach TT Customer Support by phone or online chat:

When at that support page, in the search line enter "Amazon card" without quotes. On the next page, skip the suggested topic links and scroll down until you see two interfaces ONLINE CHAT or CALL US.  It should show the wait times for each.

How the phone and chat support system works:
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Recommendations/GEN12151.html
  • I have the same issue, I have not received (checked my junkmail folder, although it clears itself) my gift-card email.
  • crazymyatt1:

Since t his is mainly a user-to-user forum, it's possible that TT will not see your post in this thread.  If they don't, you'll see the instructions to contact them by phone or online chat in the comment right above yours.
I have also not received my Amazon gift card. Any information could help.
    i have not received anything about my amazon gift ecard

I too have not received the Amazon credit for my tax refund. I checked my spam folder; I did, however, receive an email from Amazon saying "Thanks for claiming your gift card" but the credit was not applied to my account and it has been 7 days. The remaining portion of my refund that did not qualify for Amazon was set up for direct deposit so according to this thread I should still be able to get it right?
        I also haven't received amazon gift card information. I received my federal and state returns about a couple of weeks ago. 
          I have not received my Amazon gift card. My refund was direct deposited on Wednesday 4/17.  I checked my spam folder. Please help. 
          • Alright everyone, listen up.  I've talked to Intuit, Amazon, and anyone involved with this catastrophe.  Here's what I found out:

1.  Amazon.com cannot help you, so do NOT contact them.  This is NOT their problem, and you will just be wasting time (trust me, I spend hours getting to this point).  Here is the e-mail I finally received from them after providing them with all pertinent information about the whole gift card offer:

I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding caused. I reviewed the link you've sent to us and found that the promotion of issuing Amazon.com Gift card was offered not from Amazon.com end rather it was offered by Intuit/TurboTax.
            I understand that you already chatted with Intuit employee and they asked you to contact us. Please do not misunderstand us. I request you to contact the  Intuit/TurboTax directly as they are only one who can help you. Below is the link where you can find the manufacturer contact information.
            https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/

2.  If the IRS has not deposited your refund into your bank account, you will not be getting a gift card e-mail, period.  You need to wait until the IRS actually deposits the refund into your bank account before expecting to see the gift card e-mail, so all you people (like me) who filed on the 15th have to wait.  Just because the IRS has accepted your return does not mean that they have paid your refund.  Check your bank to see; typically it takes 1 to 3 weeks for the IRS to actually deposit the money after they accept the return.  You can go to this IRS site to find out the exact date for your particular refund:

https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

3.  If the IRS has actually deposited money into your account, you SHOULD get the gift card offer within 48 hours.  If you don't, contact Intuit, but ONLY THEN!

Intuit/TurboTax made it sound like as soon as the IRS accepted your return, a gift card would be forthcoming, so shame on them for that.  And I still don't have my gift card, but then again, my refund isn't due to be deposited until April 24 according to site I listed.  I'm hopeful that by Friday the 26th I have my gift card.
          • My federal tax refund was deposited on 4/24/13 and I received an e-mail saying I would receive my Amazon.com Gift Card in 24-48 hours. I have since had my state tax refund deposited on 4/30/12  and I still have not received my Amazon Gift Card. I checked my spam to no avail. I'm a fairly patient person but it's been 10 days now and I'm concerned. Some help would be very much appreciated.
          • You should contact TT Customer Support directly.  Here's how to reach TT Customer Support by phone or online chat:

I haven't received my gift card either and I got my refund over a week ago.
          • You can phone or chat with TT Customer Support about your issue.     

My refund was deposited to my account on 5/1/13. I have not received my amazon.com gift claim codes. As instructed above I have continuously checked junk/spam and have added the domain name as a safe sender. Please investigate this issue.

"As soon as your refund is available, we’ll email you your Amazon.com Gift Card claim code."

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Refund-Card/About-the-Amazon-Refund-Bonus-Program/GEN85358.html?tcfs=true&aid=33554432

• I have still not received the code and am now at a different email address: how can I retrieve my Amazon code???
          • Typically, with Amazon gift cards, the card can also be redeemed and activated on their web site.  However, I don't know if this is true with this particular promotion, since it seems to have more than its share of problems.
          • I still have not received my gift card either.    I  have written twice.  was told that the original was canceled and a new one was to be sent.  I have not received anything any any folders.  I really dont know what to do at this point.  My original case was 405739276.
          • I deleted the Email by accident who should I contact to get another email for the gift card?
          • I'm in the same situation as those above, did not get an email or it got screened to junk - can you please resend?
          • mjd1234:
            You're probably going to have to contact TT Customer Support directly.  Here's how to reach TT Customer Support by phone or online chat:

When at that support page, in the search line enter a keyword or question without quotes.   On the next page, skip the suggested topic links and scroll down until you see two interfaces ONLINE CHAT or CALL US.  It should show the wait times for each.

• Hi - I am also a user that did not receive her Amazon.com Gift Card.. can you help?
          • It's been more than 2 months now and yes, I did look into my spam.
          • The method to contact TT Customer Support by phone or online chat is posted several times in this thread.   Because of the holiday weekend, support will not be available until Tuesday.