How do I get Form 1098-E and Form 1098-T?

I payed taxes on my student loans this past year but am unsure how I get Form's 1098-E and 1098-T in order to do my taxes.
  • I need to obtain my taxes on student laons
If you've paid student loans, you should contact your lender to get a 1098-E.  Some lenders have the information online.  Most don't issue the form unless there has been more than $600 in interest paid, but many will, at the very least, give you the information so that you can file your tax return (You can adjust for any amount, even if they don't issue you the form).

You will only get a 1098-T if you paid for educational expenses last year.  If you were no longer a student, you won't get one of these forms.  If you were a student, contact your educational institution to ask them to issue you your 1098-T (or to give you the information needed).