Clothing donation deductions

I donated a large quantity of clothing this past year.  I made an excel spreadsheet of one of my donations, went on the Goodwill website and got the donation value, and it totals $946.  I made another large donation after Sandy, but did not list the items donated beforehand.

I have never itemized before.  I am trying to figure out how to do this.  I did receive a slip from the church.  But I do not know what to put for the purchase price.  These items (89+) were purchased over many years, and I do not have the receipts.  Turbotax will not let me continue without a purchase price.

BTW, I tried to use the chat.  Spent 37 minutes waiting, only to be connected to sales, which transfered me.  After another 87 minutes, I gave up.  Not impressed with the customer service.

Use your best judgement on the initial cost and enter it.  since you don't have recipts or records for the purchases, you will have to use your judgement.  Only the amount allowed for donation shows up on the tax return.
    • The program will not let me continue without entering a purchase price, which is quite impossible for 89+ items (many designer) purchased over many years.  I don't have pictures of the items anymore.  Only notes like "13 sweaters - condition good".  Note, I am using the Goodwill recommended value, which is way below their actual value.

I never itemize, so I don't want to do this wrong.
    • There is no other way to determine the original cost except to guess(using best recall) , enter the number and let it be.  I would not worry about pictures, receipts.  There is no other way for you to determine original cost.  You can't get a deduction without the value.  Just put the best that you can come up with and let it go, stop worrying about it..  Highly unlikely that you will ever be asked for receipts.  It is the only option you have.