Where is my Illinois state refund?

My state refund for Illinois was e-filed thru you and was accepted. As of march 23, 2013, I have not received my Illinois refund check! What is taking so long?
  • I filed my Fed and Illinois taxes on 4/12/13. The Federal payment was taken out on time on 4/15/13. The Illinois refund took until 5/7/13. In past years Illinois transactions would be done before the Federal ones.

Each state sets its own schedule for processing tax returns, but sometimes situations change how they process returns. While TurboTax works hard to have the latest information, state agencies are the source for refund information.

Here's the link to the Illinois Revenue website to contact them directly.
http://www.revenue.state.il.us/individuals/refunds.htm