i can find no number where i can talk to an irs agent about my reutrn, i did call the tax advocate office and then told me i have to talk to an agent first to start a case before they could act... the irs has dummied up and getting away with screwing over everone thanks to the obama administration
the number: 800-829-1040 will usually get you to a live person before the 800-829-1954 number(this one will mainly verfiy your refund) when calling the 1040 number, try to select "talk to tax accountant" this will get you to a live person quicker. also sometimes by constantly pressing the number "0" will help. He's an alternate number , which may help, 1-800-829-0582 ext 362 Good luck!
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.