I get money from my ex husbands pension like alimony where do I put this in my taxes?

where do I put the pension I receive from my ex husband ?  as income
  • You have to say is it alimony or some other court ordered arrangement?  There is a place to enter alimony payments you receive, but the pension might be entered in the pension or some other area.
If it comes directly from the pension plan then you should get a 1099R for it.

Enter a 1099R under
Federal Taxes Tab
Wages & Income
Choose Explore on my own (if it comes up),

Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,
Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Update

If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.

If box 2a is zero or says unknown then leave it BLANK

After you enter the 1099R be sure to answer all the follow up questions on the next screens to determine how much is taxable or not. Go all the way to the end of the section. You have to enter it from the 1099R because there are codes on it you need to enter properly.

See this new article on how to enter a 1099R
https://ttlc.intuit.com/announcements/1612704 

• how do I correct something on my taxes I noticed was wwrong?
  • rosalleorlando,

It would be helpful if you were to say what you need to correct.  What do you need to correct?