Only Administrator can run Cal State tax

I could finish the Federal tax with no problem with the Macintosh version. The California State tax forms were downloaded with absolutely no problem. California State also shows up correctly in the state tax section. But when I reach the state tax preparation, the "prepare" button does nothing. Clicking on it gives absolutely no response.  No error message, just nothing happen.  When I ignore the missing state tax preparation and continued further. I got a pop up window that says "Type the name and password of a user in the "Developer Tools" group to allow atos to make changes." Since I don't have the Admin password on the machine, I had to click on "Cancel" TurboTax just quit.

So there seem to be 2 independent problems when Turbo Tax is run in a non-administrative account. 1. State tax does not prepare anything. 2. review won't continue without an Admin password.

I asked the administrator to try the same thing. He has no problem getting the state forms prepared and no problem going beyond the review step either.

Please suggest a fix so I can prepare my state return and review my Federal tax without Administrator access.

Get admin rights. Sounds like you have something nonstandard going on.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community