Is RRB-1099 the same as 1099-R

• I have a RRB-1099 only.....where do i post that?
  • I have 1099 only from Social Security and I am disabled. where do I enter
  • dfitzgerald100 - To report your SSA-1099
    Go to Federal Taxes
    Click on Wages and Income
    Click on Explore on my own (if shown)
    Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
    On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099) click on the start or update button
    Make sure you select the SSA-1099 to report your SS income in the interview.
  • If  you ONLY get SS or SSDI or a SSA-1099 you do not have to file a return and won't be able to efile.
No, it is not.
It is very important to distinguish between a
RRB-1099-R and a
RRB-1099.
One of them is for Social Security equivalent benefits and the other is for Railroad retirement benefits.
To report your RRB-1099

click on
Federal Taxes (Personal if using Home and Business)
then on
Wages & Income (Personal income if using Home and Business)
choose Explore on my own, if asked
scroll down to
Retirement Plans and Social Security
on the Social Security line, click start or update.

Then it will ask you whether you have a SSA-1099 or a RRB-1099

Retirement

To enter your 1099-R,

click on
then on
choose Explore on my own, if asked
scroll down to
Retirement Plans and Social Security
on the IRA, 401k, Pension Plans line, click start or update.

Look at the choices and pick the correct one.

• confusing frm last year. clarify
  • What are you confused about?  You should start your own question and give more details.