NY State refund "We received your return and it required further review which could take up to 60 days to complete. If you receive correspondence from us, you should respond as soon as possible."

Because of TurboTax's incompetence my NY State refund is under review and it says that the review may take up to 60 days?!?!? this after being rejected twice and finally getting them to accept back on 02/15 (Needed to switch the primary to my spouse since she had the NY income, something Turbotax should have done initially) It is now 03/12 and still the same message appears on the NY State site.

I am fed up!!! Thanks for nothing TurboTax, tried chatting with one of their "tax professionals" Diamond_C was the name I believe. This person wrote like they never graduated middle school, using "witch" for which, even replied to me saying "yo self" can you believe it? Needless to say this whole NY State Return has got out of hand, in what seems like a simple fix has thousands of people's refunds on major delays. Unbelievable, to save me the headache next year I will be using a different program.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? and how long did you have to wait, it has been a month already, wow TurboTax wow!

The message you received from NY State concerning your return has nothing to do with TurboTax.  Almost everyone who filed a NY State tax return received a message of further review.  There are two messages about further review.  There is the 60 day one that you received and there is one that states 4 to  6 weeks.  I understand your frustration.  TurboTax caused your delay in acceptance, but it didn't cause  you to get the further review message.

I e-filed on 1/31 and my federal was accepted within an hour. I've already received my federal refund on 2/8.   I received the email from TurboTax on 2/5 saying my NY State return was accepted.  On 2/4 the NY State refund site was available, so I decided to check the status of my NY State return before I even got the email saying it was accepted.  On the NY State refund site, I got the following message:  "We received your return and it required further review which could take up to 60 days to complete.  If you receive correspondence from us, you should respond as soon as possible."

I got upset and panicked.  I really thought I was going to be audited.  I usually use this site every year to ask and also answer tax questions if I can.  This site is a past time of mine until I receive my refunds.  So many people posted on this site  that they received the same message.  I realized I wasn't alone.  If you read some of the postings you will see that the message you are getting is something NY State is doing to everyone.

I had that message from 2/4 through 2/19.  I was on this site every day and checking the NY State refund site several times a day.  The message stayed that way until 2/19.  I even called and the person I got to speak to from NY State read the message to me like I was a little kid that couldn't read.  The person couldn't offer any information accept that a lot of people were calling about the same thing.

On 2/19 when I checked the refund site my 60 day message changed to the following:  "We received your return and it is being processed.  While most returns are processed in 2 weeks, it can take up to 4 weeks.  I was happy I was rid of the 60 day message, but I was still sweating out an audit.  After having that message another 2 weeks - until 3/4 I checked again and the message changed again.

On 3/4 my message changed again to a DD date of 3/11.

NY State is scrutinizing every return.  They are looking very closely at returns that are itemized or ones that have EIC and Child Care credits.  I didn't claim EIC or Child Care, but I did claim the Child Tax credit.  Yesterday alone, 3 people on this site went from the final stages to an audit.  You are not alone in seeing a delay in the processing of your NY State return.

• Thanks for that, I claimed a child tax credit as well. It's just very frustrating that when its time to take our hard earned money they can come and do so whenever they want but when it's time to give back the extra, they delay for months. I'm not at all scared of an audit cause I don't lie about anything they can audit me every year if they want :) just give me my money. My gripe with Turbotax was that they couldn't get a programmer to make the fixes beforehand also had the poorest customer service ever. I will see my options for next year. Again, I appreciate your answer. Thanks