The link in the first post takes you down a circular path. It will take you to https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Efile/Filing-an-Income-Tax-Extension/INF12040.html but if you follow the links on that page to go to the "TurboTax Easy Extension web service" you are returned to the original page.Although SLBMJJ55 answered this question 2 years ago his answer may be the same in 2015. Others have said that e-file of 4868 is never available. Why have it on the help pages if it is unavailable? Why not say mail filing only?
You have to use a different email address for each return (if you do your kids and parents, one for each, and clear the browser. Really silly considering we pay for Turbo Tax and pay to file state tax returns electronically. You'd think after all these years, Turbo Tax would make life easier.
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.