TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Bank returned my refund?

How is this possible? Why would my bank return my refund? I was waiting for my refund after I received an email stating I should expect the funds in my bank in 1 to 2 business days. Sent an email to the person listed below and apparently my bank returned my refund. If this really happened, wouldn't TURBOTAX notify their customers? My information matches everything, used the same bank information from last year. What went wrong?

We disbursed your Refund Transfer (RT) balance to you via ACH direct deposit to the bank account number you provided on your application and the funds were returned to us by the receiving bank.  When we received the returned funds, we printed you a cashier’s check in the amount of your refund (RT) balance and mailed it to the address on your tax return.  Please log on to our website at www.sbtpg.com to determine the disbursement date of the check.  Please allow at least 10 business days for the check to arrive by regular mail. 

Thank you,

Customer Service Representative

Tax Products Group, LLC

Servicer for First California Bank

Very inconvenient.
    Im sorry to hear this happened but unfortuantely there isnt any notification from Turbotax when a refund is returned by your bank. Just the  notifcation you got from Sanata Barbara. You used Refund Transfer which means your refund frst goes to a bank in Santa Barbara so Turbotax Fees can be taken out and then its disburssed from that bank to your bank.  It would appear the issue was on your banks end. You might contact your bank and see if they can give you any further info.

If you use the "where's my refund tool" located in Turbo tax, it will tell you if the bank sent back your refund. it just happened to me and the IS is sending me a check.  My account number was off by one digit so it's my fault.

Similar questions other people found helpful: