This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

I do not want to pay for the state taxes with turbo tax. How do I continue?

• I want to copy my state taxes and do NOT WANT to file Federal taxes at this time - how do I get a copy of the State only?
  • just want to save it for a week then file it
  • you have the option to print out your state tax form at the end, but do not have to have turbo tax file it.   you can then just mail it in yourself.   that's what i do every year instead of paying the $20 or whatever they charge
  • cujo806:  The original poster is using the Online version, the charge is for the State program not for efiling.
  • I DO NOT WANT TO DO ANY STATE TAX, AS I FIGURE I OWE IT $200 AND TURBO HAS ME OWING STATE $1000 AND IT WONT LET ME CORRECT IT
  • IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THE STATE RETURN THEN YOU CAN DELETE IT!!

For online to delete a State return:

- State Taxes
    - Click on Your State Returns (top of screen)
    - On the “Status of Your State Return” screen in the Action column, click Delete next to the State you want to remove, click Yes
  • i filed back beginning of february..we only wanted to file FEDERAL...we didnt owe anything to STATE so there was no need to file..we are military and was going to send in exemption form...well TT inputted our info automatically from federal to state... and it did NOT show me my total price for filing until after i hit YES go to next page and after that it charged me 38.99 to file state and there was 0.00 to file..needless to say as a military family..the miltary rate was not cheap and they screwed us over..:(...Sorry..i hope you are able to figure out how to file federal only and not STATE. becasue it didnt let us do it:(
  • i don't want to e-file my taxes i just want to print them and mail them off because i owe federal and want to be set up on a payment plan
  • Does Turbo Tax not allow you to print and mail your state taxes anymore? I owe state tax and just want to mail IT.
  • I want to print my taxes also what is the deal here. You advertise free then ask for money so not free. I will pay the money but I want to print taxes.
  • I found a tab under Tools to print and was able to print them out and send them in.  I did not want to file electronically either.
  • According to MY state (Oklahome) website TT along with a few other tax prep sites are partnering with certain states & preparing & e-filing state returns for FREE.  If I read it correctly, the only requirement is that you HAVE to file federal & state at the same time. I did this today & Turbo Tax, prepared & filed both fed & state for free. I tried the same thing for my son but I had filed his federal in February so it would NOT e-file his state for free today. TT wanted to charge $29.99 + tax, so I had to delete my son's state. You may check it out..... Have a great day!
  • My situation is I do not have state Tax.  When I was doing my taxes it automatically took me to state tax and did not give me an option to say no thank you or skip.  I do not want to be charged for filing state when I do not have state in Florida.
To not pay for the state you can delete it, then just file yoru Federal Return

For online to delete a State return:

- State Taxes

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/kb/state-taxes/state-issues/1940.html
Texas has no state income tax

Similar questions other people found helpful: