This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

who do i contact if bank rejected refund?

I filed jointly with my wife and the bank rejected my refund check because she is not on my account who do I contact to get my refund mailed to my physical address.
  • I have talked to IRS and they say to contact Turbo Tax to see if it is in your bank because you are third party
Since the bank rejected your deposit the IRS (& State) will automatically switch you to receiving a check to the address on your tax return.  The check can take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive.  If you don't receive your check you can contact the IRS, to talk to a live person call 800-829-0582 ext 362

If you need information on a State refund being mailed you can contact your State's Taxing Authority, you can check your State's website for contact information.
  • Ugh. Freaking banks. Thank you for your quick response.
  • Your welcome.
  • my walmart card rejected my check because they said i was not on the acct, witch i was with my son. when i call they kept saying  we are sorry . yea right!! told me to call the irs and have them resend it back. when i call they said they can not do that. i will have to wait for the money to come back on my irs acct and they will send me a check.. i waited almost 2 month for a dd finallyget one this happens. now i have to wait another month. its very frustrating knowing its back in the ors hands lol. i thought the night mare was over all ready.. good luck with ur return.. if u happen to get it could u let me know so i can see how long it took, i will do the same.. thanks
  • I got a letter from the IRS on March 1st saying that my bank rejected me return and they will mail it to me in 3 to 4 weeks from the day I got my letter from them.
  • ok thank you dmat881
  • MMaria, have you heard anything? I had my refund sent to my mom's walmart card and it was rejected. both Walmart and the IRS say they dont have the money. IRS says walmart accepted the funds and never returned them, Walmart says they returned the funds within 3 business days.... ugh!
  • yes  it was receive like 3 to 4 weeks after rejected..