W2.. WHAT IS BOX 12A ITEM DD?

W2..WHAT DOES BOX 12A ITEM DD. DOES IT NEED TO BE INCLUDED IN TT IF SO WHERE?
  • I have a fifth 12A entry to make (12e) and Turbotax has only 4 options. What do I do?
  • I think you can click on a little down arrow and get a dropdown bunch of boxes.
  • Responses are not helpful.  The drop down list does not identify a DD only a D.  If there was a DD on the dropdown list, I would not be looking for help.  So . . . what do I do if my W2 labels an amount of money as DD in Box 12?
  • I received a second W-2 from my employee with just the Box 12 DD entry on it, nothing else.  I would suggest setting up a second W-2 in TurboTax, even if you don't have a form to go with it.  I did find a DD option in the drop-down menu for Box 12; did you scroll down to the very bottom?  Enter the health coverage amount that goes in that box, no need to enter anything else.  After you've completed the screen, TurboTax will then come back and ask you to put something in Box 1 of the W-2.  Enter zero.  (You'll already have something in Box 1 on your primary W-2, so you're covered).  This is my own solution, and you may want to check with someone else to be sure it's OK to do this.  But it seems like a logical way to handle the problem.
  • Correction: "I received a second W-2 from my EMPLOYER ..."
Yes it needs to be entered in the Box 12 part of the W2.  It doesn't affect your taxes (it just shows what your employer spent of health insurance for you and your family), but you need to match the form the IRS received.
  • TurboTax keeps giving me an invalid amt error msg everytime I try to enter my amt from line 12a code DD of my w-2.  Does anyone have an answer?
  • its saying i need to enter code 5. does anyone know what this means
  • MINE SAYS THE TOTAL HAS TO MACH. IT DOES. TWO HOURS WITH ONLINE SUPPORT. THEY SUCK STILL NOT FIXED.