How long does its take for an amended tax return to come in????

I didn't file my Education credit along with the original since there was a delay on the processing of education credits. Now that I have it, I just sent it in and didn't realize that it could not be efiled and has to be mailed in..Anybody have any ideas??  
    Amended returns on Form 1040X take about 12 weeks to process.
    • I figured that since you have to mail it versus E filing it.. Can you have the amendment direct deposited or does it have to come in the form of a paper check?? Last questions promise! Lol!
      Thanks for your advice and guidance
      Bubba
    • people are saying that they mail you a check, but the last two years that I amended my return I got a direct deposit, but I dont know I guess I will see when its all done