Can I file state taxes without the ITIN Number for my wife ?

Do I need to file w7 form along with state tax as well ? as I need to file the state returnsĀ 

• what state?
  • I have 3 states, Virginia , Illinois and California(i got your answer for CA) waiting for Virginia and Illinois..
  • I dont know the answer for those states, you would have to call them and ask, or just wait for the ITIN and file then.
  • How about New York State?
In California you have 2 options:
You can either file without the ITIN and attach a copy of the federal W7. Once you get the ITIN you would need to inform them.
Or you can wait to get the ITIN and then file your state return.