What does it mean if u can order your transcripts?? Just a little confused!!

A transcript is a short-hand version of your filed return or returns from prior years.  It consists mainly of line numbers and amounts.  It is available for free from the IRS, and takes 7-10 days to receive by mail.  A copy of your actual return from the IRS is $57 and takes longer.

You can order a transcript at the website or over the special phone number at:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

• I did not mean what is a transcript??  I have seen posts where they have said if u can order your transcript then u will get a dd date soon..
    • If you can order a transcript for 2012 it means the IRS has processed your return.
    • I don't know "who" said "what", but they are likely using the availability of a transcript for a 2012 return as an indication that the IRS has received and processed it.   Otherwise it wouldn't be available yet.
    • Thank u for both replies!!
    • does it matter if it is the return or account transcript? I was able to order account, which I had not been able to yesterday, but not my return.
    • An account transcript can be ordered anytime, since they will always have "some" account information available even if it has no data for the current year..   A return transcript for the current year is available only when it has been processed.