i need to see a copy of the 2012 return i filed

• How did you prepare and file it?  TT Online or TT desktop?  And which product version?
  • Turbo tax efile on line
  • it was accepted but now irs has it pended and I went to check in my computer and it is gone..
  • nberyy2428:
    Then you most likely have not used the same User ID.   If you have multiple User ID's, here's how you can get them emailed to you.

At the sign-in page, there is a tiny link called "Trouble signing in" if you have forgotten your User ID, your password, or if you do not have access to your previous email address.  Click that link, and then place a checkmark for the kind of trouble you are having0--in this case choose "forgot User ID".  Continue following the prompts.

Also see this help article:
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Forgot-UserID-and-Password/Forgot-Your-TurboTax-User-ID-or-Password-/GEN12964.html
  • I just need to pull up my 2012 return and print it
  • null:
    Why are you not able to do so?   You don't describe any problem.   If you just need the instructions on how to do it, it's in the link in the answer section below.   If you are using the online version and don't see your return when  you return to the program, then the comment above yours tells how to find all the User ID's you might have used.  You must use the same User ID you used to prepare the return.

If you need to speak to Customer Support at TT here's how to reach them by phone or online chat:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp  

In the search line, enter "print" without quotes. (You don't have to fill out the personal info area.)  On the next page, skip the suggested topic links and scroll down until you see two interfaces ONLINE CHAT or CALL US.  It should show the wait times for each.

Support hours are 5 AM - 9 PM Pacific, 7 days a week.   Least busy times are early AM; busiest times are evenings.
  • My friend prepare it,my problem is he left now out of this country, I'm struggling to get a copy now of my tax return
  • lele_ilog:
    If it was prepared in someone else's account, i.e., their User ID, I don't know of a way you can access it unless your friend gives you the User ID and password.   You might talk to TT Customer Support, but I'm not sure there is anything they could do.  But it can't hurt to see what you can find out.

You can get a free transcript of your return from this IRS website (or the special phone number listed there) at the link below.  It takes 5-10 days to come by mail.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

A transcript is a shorthand version, consisting mainly of line numbers and amounts.  
    A full copy of your actual return from the IRS costs $57 and takes several weeks.
  • desk top,then e-filed
  • davidsuter:
    What are you trying to do, and what has happened?   When no details are provided, we have to start guessing what you are referring to.
  • i filed taxes in januaru and have got all my returns. now i am logged in on turbotax and trying to pull up my 2012  taxes. its doesn't show that i have done them with you guys.  then i go to check my status of efile enter my social and zipcode and it says my return is good.  all i want is a copy for my personal use but it will not let me print them over view them for that matter there isn't even an option to select my tax return......
  • jbrandt0324:

You are most likely logging in with the wrong User ID.   You have to log-in with the same User ID used to prepare the 2012 return.   If you have used online TT in previous years, you may have multiple User ID's.   You can have a list of all them emailed to you.   If you have more than 1 email address, you can run the tool on each one.

At the sign-in page, there is a tiny link called "Trouble signing in" if you have forgotten your User ID, your password, or if you do not have access to your previous email address.  Click that link, and then place a checkmark for the kind of trouble you are having, in this case "forgot User ID".  Continue following the prompts.

Also see this help article:

If you still have trouble after that, you can talk to Customer Support by phone or chat.  Support hours are  5:00am - 9:00pm Pacific. 7 days a week.

At the support page input  "access" without quotes. You do not have to fill out the name/address fields.
    At the next page, skip the suggested articles and scroll down the page and find either "ONLINE CHAT" or "CALL US."
    You should see waiting times for each.
  • I prepaired it online
  • How do I get a copy of my filed return
  • maltosmelissa:
    Are you unable to print it?  What are you trying to do?   In the answer section below is a link on how to print your return.   If you want a copy from othe IRS, a transcript is free, but an actual copy from the IRS is $57.
  • i filed online an i need a copy for my taxes
    for 2012
  • maltomelissa:
    As I asked above, why are you unable to print it?   Did you read the help article at the link provided on how to do that?  You've given no information at all about what kind of trouble you are having.
  • turbo tax online
  • I filed on turbo tax from my desktop computer, it was the premier package.
  • I FILLED ON LINE WITH TURBO TAX
  • PEN7203:
      If you used an online version, you MUST sign in with the same User ID you used to prepare the return.  Here's how you can have all your User ID's emailed to you:

If you still have trouble, you can talk to Customer Support by phone or chat.  Support hours are  5:00am - 9:00pm Pacific. 7 days a week.

At the support page ask a question or use a couple keywords.
    You do not have to fill out the name/address fields.
    You should see waiting times for each.:
  • zayis8:
    What problem are you having?   You don't mention what your problem is and what you are experiencing.
  • I need to print my 2012 tax return
  • notlems:
    The link to the help article on printing is the first answer iin the answer section below.   In the Online versions, a return cannot be printed until paid (except for someone preparing Federal only in the Free Edition).
  • tt online
  • 123stephen:
    The answer section below tells how to view/print/save a copy of your 2012 return you've filed.  Of ccourse, you must sign in with the same User ID/password that you used to create the return.
  • my return with turbo tax isn't with my user id from last year
  • pharris667:
    What is your question?  You're having trouble getting back to your 2012 return?   If you're unable to get into your return using the User ID/password retrieval tools, here is how you can speak to TT support by phone or online chat, and they can troubleshoot it for you:

In the search line, enter a keyword or question without quotes. (You don't have to fill out the personal info area.)  On the next page, skip the suggested topic links and scroll down until you see two interfaces ONLINE CHAT or CALL US.  It should show the wait times for each.

• personal and business for [personal info removed] Why can't I access the returns?
  • Ricca:
    What product are you using, and what happens when you try?  You mentioned 2 types of returns.  Are you using 2 different products--a personal product and a business product?   This is a public Internet forum; please do not post personal info.
  • I used the basic version last year, printed a hard copy & mailed it, it was destroyed in the mail & now I have to resend it no longer have it saved on my laptop
  • Thank you davidsuter that was the perfect answer to the question and it was most helpful.
  • I used the $9.99 version.  Would not file due to lack of pin #
  • broe:
    I'm not sure why you posted in an already-answered thread on a completely different topic.  Since the forum users don't tend to watch old answered threads, it will have little exposure..

Why did you not have a filing PIN?    Did you not file a return in 2011?   If you did file a return in 2011, you should be able to get a 2012 filing PIN from the IRS website or special phone number.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Electronic-Filing-PIN-Request

If you got a PIN but it doesn't work, then you could leave the PIN field blank and sign with your AGI from your 2011 return.   If you did not file a return at all in 2011, you would leave the PIN field blank and sign in the AGI field with an AGI of 0.

Also be aware then even after the PIN/AGI section, there will be another screen that's called "Signature" and has your birthdate and today's date on it.   There will be place for you to enter "any 5 digits of your choosing".   That will be your PIN for next year.  It's called a "Self-Select PIN" because you can choose the digits.

Here's more into on all that and some screen shots:
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/File-Electronically--current-year-/Get-Your-Electronic-Filing-PIN-from-the-IRS/GEN12249.html
  • Deskktop and version was Personal and Business.
  • teritaham:
    You don't say anything about what you are wantint to do.   Assuming your topic is the same as this thread,, then in  the desktop product, you just go to the Print Center icon in the upper right corner.  click it and a popup will appear where you can view or print the return.
  • yes
  • TT online
  • ON LINE
  • NO SIGN ON WAS FOR A FRIEND - I HAD MY OWN ALREQADY DONE HAD TO FIND LAST YR AGI FOR IRS PIN NUMBER
  • CAN YOU FIND IT PLEASE
  • yes on line
  • how to review I need copy of 2012 return
  • need copy of 2012 return
  • Did you follow the instructions above?
please help i deposited in wrong acct
  • Has your efiling been accepted or rejected?   If rejected, you can change the info along with other errors and resubmit.

If already accepted, there is little that can be done to stop the attempted deposit, unless you used the "Refund processing service" to have your TT fees deducted from the Federal refund.  If you did choose that option, you might be able to intercept it through the intermediaray company Santa Barbara Tax Products Group. https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx

However, if your bank rejects the deposit, it will bounce back to the IRS, and they will issue you a paper check by mail.

If the deposit has already gone through and actually DID end up in a wrong account, you need to talk to both the IRS immediately and the bank  that received it.   If you are expecting a refund from the state via direct deposit, you also need to talk to the state tax agency.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

At the first prompt, select your language.
    There will be a short message about using the website.
    Next, select the reason for your call.
    You will then get more prompts, but do not respond to any.  Just keep pressing the # key instead.
    The system will say it is not understanding and to try again.  Press # key again.
    If necessary, do it a third time.
    Eventually it will say to hold on while it transfers you to an agent.
  • these are awful directions !  this only means no one wants to respond to our questions !
    unbelievable !
  • patti:
    I don't show that you have asked any questions, unless it was under another forum name.  If you have an issue and want to ask a question, feel free to start a thread.   This is an old answered thread that was started 2 months ago, so few people will be following.  People are almost best served by starting a new thread with their own question, and it will show up as "unanswered" where the most forum helpers will see it.  

There are at least 2 completely different topics in this thread.  You have posted in the subthread about wrong account info submitted for direct deposit of a refund, but didn't mention your issue.
how can I get a copy of my 2012 vreturn that I have already paid for
  • What problem are you having?  And are you using the online or desktop version?     

If online, the instructions are above.   Are you encountering a problem?  If so, you need to state what it is.
  • I WANT TO SEE MY 2012 RETURN
  • I somehow changed information in my return showing my roommate how to use the program and now how do I get the information that was sent to the IRS ? for a official copy of the return
  • jonathanshear:
    You have a couple of options.   You can order a free transcript of your return from the IRS website or special phone number.   A transcript is a shorthand version, showing mainly line numbers and amounts.  It comes in the mail in 5-10 days.   Here's where you can order a free transcript:

The other option is to pay the IRS $57 for an actual copy of your return.   That takes several weeks.
  • I can not find my 2012 returned that I filed and submitted in Feb 2012. The last filing being shown is 2011. Why isn't my 2012 shown and offered for me to print and save to my computer?
  • lale2fono:
    What version are you using?   If it's an online version, you MUST sign in with the same User ID you used to prepare the return.  Here's how you can have all your User ID's emailed to you:

You should see waiting times for each.
  • epo39b Thank you, your information on obtaining my 2012 tax return info was very helpful, thanks again.
  • You're welcome.  Good luck!