I got a CP05 notice saying they holding my refund until they done reviewing my tax return, what could this be for?

• HERE IS SOME HOPE FOR EVERYONE!!!!   Sent tax return on 1/25 got my CP05 letter on 2/18 it was dated 2/25 and said the refund would be compleated by April 11th. The letter said not to do anything Called and I got about the same answers that everyone else did sit and wait. So I kept checking the refund status every day I am sure everyone else is doing the same thing.  I checked the status on Saturday March 9th and the refund status site was shut down. On Sunday the 10th I checked it and said my refund would be direct dep. on the 13th but it had the full amount and I knew that I owed some child support so I thought yea right it will be held up at least 2 more weeks. BUT ON THE 12TH ABOUT 6PM THAT NIGHT THE CHILD SUPPORT WAS TAKEN OUT AND THE AMOUNT LEFT WAS DEPOSITED RIGHT THEN . Soooo I hope this gives everyone some comfort knowing that someone did git their return faster then what the letter had said.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
  • How many days it took after cpo5 letter to get refund
  • Less than a month...around 3 weeks
  • @mteeitup thanks for that post on the CP05 letter..I just got mines 3/14 and it was dated 3/18 and says it shuld be done reviewing by May 2..so wen they send u that letter is ur hold lifted and how long like weeks did it take to get ur refund?
  • I don't think the hold is lifted until they finish reviewing the return @kekem326
  • i also got the same letter on 3/14 dated 3/18 pleaz when will we get our money?
  • Ok so how long does it take them to lift the hold @bngore30? So basically the letter was saying we have ur refund but won't release it until our review is done? Omg I hopw not fingers cross and thanks for the info ;-)
  • someone said she had a cp05  letter she call this number 1-800-829-0922 and they said it would be release on march 20. i have not  call this number myself, but will in the am.. i do not kno wif u talk to a person or if its a michine where youhave to answer questions..
  • Its a machine i called this morning.. You need the pin number on your cp05 and they will ask you questions then it said my release date is 4/15 i hope this is true i need my money.. I call the regular irs number and it says its still processing :(
  • I received transcript and cycle is 20131105. Does anyone know what date that would translate to for refund??
  • Ok i am in the same problem,i called to irs and they told me about a cpo5 that they never sent me it was a lie because i never lose any letter in my home mailbox.now i dont know what to do.their answer will be ur refund is still in process
  • i received my cpo5 today 3/21/2014    notice date 3/31/2014  after today how long it will take to get my money?
How come the IRS is not being charged with false advertisement for saying less than 21 days and not delivering? any other business would be prosecuted on the 6 o'clock news but seeing every thing is democratic run now guess they don't have to answer for breaking the law.
  • I agreed with Kenneth sholar..this is crazy its has been a month for me...people have bills.....Arghhhhhh
  • eh, I agree too, but they cover their butts by saying "most" refunds within 21 days.
  • So I'm guessing we won't get our refund anytime soon cause I efile mine n I keep checking everyday for dd god Dammit....the wait is killing me here.
  • @ngan, did you get a letter? When did you file, have eitc, 8863?? etc Have u tried ordering transcripts?
  • Nope still no letter.I call irs again today they give me no info just to wait on my letter....Ughhhhhhhhh what the fudge..I want my ddd soon not mail check. But I wonder has anyone gotten a dd yet after cp05 letter or is it check. This is bs.
  • Ive seen several people get direct deposits after the CP05.
  • No letter for me I file Feb 2 got accepted same day n no letter bar still say processing....Omg this is nuts I've been reading everyone on here n some people got there ddd :( sucks for me.
  • I got my cp05 on 2/15 dated 2/25 hoh 1 dependant child doesnt have to live with you my sons mother filed hers provided my name and told preparer ive been allowed claim my son past few years i think people right they jus wanna make sure child isnt someone elses im gonna check wmr hopefull mine goes thru this week..
  • my cp05 was dated 2/25 got no dd yet still says processing on wmr. do we even need to still check that now
  • When did you recieve your notice
  • My fiance called the irs advocate we have been waiting since the end of jan finally she told us he needed his earned income from 2012 with a letter head from his company also the last 3 paystubs from 2012 which we just faxed off this last friday. Its a bunch of bs and just more time the irs is taking there is no reason to need a letter from his company smh!
  • Did you get a cp05
  • Yes he did
  • After contacting the advocate this is when we were told he needed to fax these papers...good thing he called and we got it to fax stuff guess we wouldnt of known until we got a letter which is still not in the mail.
  • Are you getting a second notice from the irs
  • Suppostly but that notice is for what we already faxed off. I hope we get it back soon.
  • Their starting to release refunds so it just a matter of time hang in there
  • Thanks :)
  • I just got my cp05 letter saying I don't need to do anything as of now, but my review wouldnt be done till April-25-2013 and if any they will either send me a check or another...Ughhhhhhhhh i file efile to my bank account. I need it direct deposite not no check.
  • Another letter*
  • Has anyone got a refund back yet mine has no date what so ever and I was wondering if anyone gotten a dd yet instead of check if they efile with tt?
  • If refund over 10k, a check will be issued.
  • No its way under hoping I get a dd before April-25-2013
  • My letter dated march-11 so does it really means I wont get a refund till April-25? That's 45 days from now I efile with tt and I hope I get a dd sooner or within that date. I can't keep waiting n not get no answer.
  • We should get the refund before April. Talk with the tax advocates if you in hardship. All you can do is wait .. try ordering your transcripts and if you can it usually means your done processing and just waiting for a release..
  • I'm new at all this I file each year same kids never gotten any letter. What is hardship? And how do i order a transcripts?
  • On the back of the letter they said ny review won't be finish till April-25 and afterwards, youll receive either a refund check or another notice from irs? I just pray to god I wake up and see a dd in my bank account.
  • Well my 21 days were up on the 1st. From what I have  read over the past couple of weeks the irs had a glitch in their soft ware and are targeting people with education credit and males who claimed EIC  and HOH... many are going through this and the people that are starting to get DD are people who filed in Jan. To order transcripts just Google ordering its transcripts look for the link to the irs page and click it It should take you right to it.. if you can order then you are in limbo with IRS so keep trying to order them. I have also read the transcrips come with a cycle date that can help you figure out when you will get a DD. Just keep with the forums on this site and follow all of them I also have found Igotmyrefund.com has tons of people telling their experience with the same thing..
  • Irs won't tell you anything. Very few have gotten a rep to look at their returns
  • They suck! I got the letter yesterday march 5 and dated for march-11 and back of the paper just said my review won't be done till April 25 I hope I get a dd soon. It's been over 21 days since I file n got accepted file feb_2 got accepted the same day. My 21 days been over since Feb_23
  • Yeah it does suck. But try and order those transcripts and let me know if you can... everyone who filed in Jan are getting DD' s now so I hope and pray within two weeks we will get something hopefully. Keep your head up I'm about to get evicted from this huge mess...
  • Same here. This is beyong crazy!!!
  • Anyone on here have edu credits or eict
  • Did u order a transcripts? And what was it ddd?
  • I have not received my transcripts I just ordered yesterday
  • I have EITC and filed HOH
  • Well there is hope there is z person on this thread that has eict
  • And got his ddd today so so their starting go release eict for sure
  • I hope so. I check my bank account everyday to see if I got my refund still nothing. I didn't wanna check the wmr cause its still say still in processes redundant date will be available when provided. Ahhhh this sucks.
  • Refund*
  • I have been checking this thread everyday at work, as well as wmr. I'm following this because I am in the same boat as you all. To the people who need the money for rent I feel your pain, my car got repo from this mess and I had to use my STATE tax to get it back smdh... I filed Feb 3rd, EIC, Head of household two dependents. Got a letter two days ago post dated March 11. I hope the money comes in soon because I really need it. It's like all the bills have been thrown at me when I should of had this return last month! It sucks how the irs can get away with this, it's not even a big deal on tv, but we can hear about how the Kardasians are living their wealthy lives every minute of the day. Society and the irs is especially f'ed up.
  • Oh ny god..we are in the same boat I file Feb2 got the letter yesterday dated march 11 but the back said reviewing till April 25 what did yours say on the back? Did u efile to or ur getting a check?
  • ngan, did you get your money?
  • No I don't even have a dd date nothing no answer what so ever.
  • I got the CP05 letter on the 27th of Feb dated for March 11th. I'm seriously gonna lose my freaking mind if i have to wait til April 25th for them to finish their so called "review".
  • My letter didn't have a date on it, it just said their holding it with the list of things they are checking for. I looked everywhere on that letter for the date and didn't see one. The second page was just about the tax advocate service. I called the irs and they told me I should get it within 45 days of the date on the letter which is bs. Why would they post date something like that? Come on... I efiled through turbotax for a DD which I THOUGHT would be quick. My mother did it the same day, got hers in a week! I've been doing a lot of reading and in a sense "researching" on these forms and it seems people who get the cpo5 letter end up getting their DD's 15 days later after the date of the letter. So hopefully it will be this month, I pray to God it is because I really need it. I've seen a bunch of people with a cpo5 letters for Feb 25 and a lot of them were talking about DD's for the 11th or 12th which will be 14 to 15 days later. This makes sense because it is a Monday and Tuesday, so with ours being the 11th our would be the 25th or 26th of this month which is a Monday or Tuesday. This is purely speculation but I guess we will find out next week. Hopefully it comes before that!!!
  • @pat....are you a male and did you claim the EIC perhaps ?
  • If its true I would be so happy.....instead of waiting till April I am in the same boat as u same letter I check everywhere..did those people really got there refund back?
  • Yeah I am a male, and claimed EIC and head of household. I see the males have been discriminated against this year it seems!  @ngan I would be really happy too and I don't know if those people got their DD's yet because I'll have to browse around Monday and Tuesday of next week to see because I follow a lot of these threads.
  • It's strange right ? My brother and future-sister-in-law take turns claiming their son each year, it was her turn this year. She filed before 1/30, claimed single and claimed their child with EIC......Got her return on 6th of Feb! And my brother got his the same day as her because he didn't claim the EIC or my nephew. It's like they specifically targeted males that claimed the EIC, a dependent and filed Single or HOH and put them in reviewland.
  • i hope we get are refunds back soon... my car keeps dying while i'm driving and i was going to use my refund to fix it... it's how i get to work... take my son to daycare... anyway, i called the taxadvocate in idaho and she said you basically had to have an eviction notice to get any help... which i don't... I just gave all my utility money to rent and am a bit behind on one or two utilities... my mistake... also i got through to a rep who was practically refusing to look at my tax refund... we went back and forth for like five- to ten minutes.... her saying 'its just going to say what wmr says' and so eventually i was like "and whats all this i hear about identity theft" why are you worried - she asked and I said 'well you guys are all talking about on your website and i see it all over the internet... is my refund in danger!!!' which finally convinced her to look at my stupid refund... and she was right... but still- i wanted to know... i hate being in the dark about this... if they'd just keep us more informed about what exactly is happening- or even what or how it has happened for people in previous years- id feel much better... it's hard to find any information besides... 'understanding your CP05 review' on the irs website... it's like ya, I got it... I'm looking for moreeeee information please...
  • My letter is dated March 11 as well.... filed Feb 7 accepted on the 8th cp05 came on the 28th and my 21days was up on the first :(
  • Can you guys order your transcripts yet?
  • Yea I ordered my transcript the other day. Hopefully that's a good sign cause I wasn't able to order for all of February.
  • I ordered  mine yesterday... I believe it is a good sign :)
  • i order transcripts on 2/20 got them in mail 2/28.. call irs and was told i had cp05 letter coming should  had all ready gotten it. witch i said i have not so she said give it a few more days.. when i order the transcripts i was sure this night mare was over but its not.. good luck everyone
  • Good News people they are releasing the CP05 holds I got a DD for the 8th today so it wont be long.
  • well, at least these forums are here... what a sense of community ;)
    but seriously
    this stinks.
    I need to think about something else.
  • You got a cpo5 letter right? When was the date? I would like to do some math to see when I could potential get mine because I check wmr and still no update. I know when you say your DD date you had to feel like a weight was lifted off your shoulders! I want that feeling!
  • I agreed with pat0514 were both on the same boat....cross fingers...
  • HOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! CALLED THE HOLDS DEPARTMENT AND THEY HAVE RELEASED MY REFUND EVERYONE!!!!!!! THEY SAID MY BARS ON Where's My Refund (WMR) WILL BE BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS AND A DD SOON FOLLOWING CP05 NOTICE FILED on the 28th FILED FEB7 AND ACCEPTED THE 8th RECIEVED NOTICE ON THE 28TH WITH A POST DATE OF MARCH 11 I WILL KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED ON MY PROGRESS !!!! I BELIEVE I AM ONE OF THE FIRST TO BE RELEASED WITH A POST DATE OF MARCH 11 THERE IS HOPE EVERYONE!!!
  • What questions did the rep ask you?
  • Opps sorry guys I did type the number wrong .. it is 866-897-3315. IRS  just asked the basic info ssi,b-day, caller code...
    I told them right off the back I got a Cp05 notice and I am on my 26th day.

It was a minor error due to the new system they are using I was flagged because my finance didn't work in 08 and the system didn't look into it deep enough to fix it itself.. so a person had to review it (that person was the rep I talked to in the holds dept)

My rep told me he is not sure why I got a Cp05 (combat zone) and I should of RECIEVE something saying to call them instead. He noted on my return and said he released it and said it might take 28 days to get it...

I then got a call from my liberty tax lady and told her this and she said this is great news!.

We are in California and the liberty tax I went to alone have 97 CP05 cases

My tax lady said she is the only one dealing with all 97 cases and that they are showing a pattern once released From Errors/Holds it will be about 7 days to get a DD date...

The IRS Reps in the Error and holds department CAN IN FACT see your returns and CAN fix them.

MY IRS REP ALSO TOLD ME THAT MY WHERES MY REFUND BARS WILL BE BACK UP IN 48Hours...

I will keep updating everyone on my progress seeing as I filed the 7th of Feb and was Accepted on the 8th CP05 letter came on the 28th with a notice date of March 11 and saying my review will be up by April 25th.

I am the only one that I have seen and read that has gotten this far with a notice date of March 11

No education Credit but claimed HOH and EIC w/ 2 dependants

Hope this help!!!!
    It will get here soon
    Keep your head high
    F*** the IRS
  • I filed my taxes with the 8863 credit on 2/6.  They were then held until they were accepted by the IRS on 2/14.  Today (Day 21) I got my CP05 letter postdated 3/18, with a date on the back of 5/2.  (Of course, I hadn't checked my mail for a while, so it's possible it came much sooner than today.)  I was able to order my transcripts (I assume the message that they should be here in 5-10 days means it was successful) so it looks like I'll be sitting on my hands a while longer.  It makes me a little mad, I admit.  =\
  • The one holds department is only if you missed a year of filing I spoke to 5 different people today in the 2 different holds departments. So unfortunately if your like myself & have filed every year your hold won't be removed by calling in. We basically just have to suffer & wait some more time! One rep did say my Cp05 is to be mailed out,but hasn't been sent & will be dated the 18th. This is such BS! Two of them said these forums people have no clue what they are talking about & that tax preparers always want to blame the IRS! I'm like LOL well duh thousands of people are experiencing the same crap yet yall aren't at fault...SMH they need to stop delaying everyone's money this is absurd!
  • @lgrooms: have you heard anything regarding your DD? I am currently on the phone with IRS Customer service (800-829-0922) after I just called the 866-897-3315 # and was told nothing is wrong with my taxes and I have complied with everything.  Im hoping they release my hold and I get this refund ASAP!!!
  • Nope :( it was released on the 6th  and it's only been 5 days. Hoping for one very soon.. still haven't recieved my transcripts ..
  • I ordered my transcripts last week so I am hoping I will have them by today or soon. I have a feeling that we will be receiving our deposit next week from what I have been reading in other forums.  Seems like all letters dated 2/25 & 3/4 are being paid out this week.  so that now leave letter dated 3/11 for next week unfortunately.
  • @lgrooms31... you also stated that your status bars would be back up on the WMR page....are they back on there now?
  • Unfortunately No they are not back up on wmr :( so that was a lie. I'm going to call the holds dept again and see if it was really released. I did get my transcripts s today with a cycle date of 20130702 which I think means March 18? Do you know how translate it?
  • March 18 is next week :)
  • well i would just go off of the cycle date on the transcripts and I believe you are right, I think it is the 18th.  If so, thats a good thing.... as I mentioned before, we should be receiving our DD by next week.  Also, I hear that once you are able to obtain your transcipts that its a good deal for you and nothing further should be holding up your taxes other than they are behind.
  • Did you get your money?
Problem is we have an idiot as president and they are holding tax money so they can draw interest on it to cover idiot Obama and the Democrats excessive spending. sorry I don't address him as president but he isn't 1 in my eyes. He is just a Chicago thug and a thief in a suit with a title. Thanks have a nice day.
  • @ Kenneth.sholar lmao.. Cause Bush did such an awesome job!!! Lets blame everthing on Obama and the democrats.
  • Holds lifted http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/No-More-Holds-on-EITC-Returns-Says-IRS-65830-1.html?taxpro. President not idiot but congress and stupid tea party. Thank them for this mess.
  • Thanks yvettensmith for this link but do you believe that everybody that received a under review letter aka CP05 notice is going to be able to get there return now? I truly hope so.
  • Thank you yvettenesmith not for the link,  for telling the teabagger above how it is ;)
  • Listen everybody i just called the irs and told this lady its been 21 days and i have not recieved my refund she says did you receive your notice i said yes well she says your under review do these phone agents not get the memo all their doing is pulling up the same info were pulling up i dont know if we got to give it time or what i havent seen anybody post anything about getting their refund ddd i guess its a time thing
  • I filed Feb 5 and still haven't received my refund it sucks because I need my money!!
  • I here you lovelyt did you get any notice
  • No Im supposed to receive one soon so they say
  • I just want to add on to Yvettes link.
    I got this info off of Igotmyrefund.com. It may be of use to some of us, just depending on your situation.

To All Tax Filers! http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/No-More-Holds-on-EITC-Returns-Says-IRS-65830-1.html?taxpro
    According to the IRS and article above dated Feb 25 we all shall start seeing updates within a few days!!!! Everyone that has filed EITC and/or 8863 ALL returns were on hold until 2/25 ! All EITC holds have now been lifted! EVERYONE that filed these forms were in the errors department. Any letters that were genrated were sent automatically when the IRS system detects an error. Due to these circumstances we have only been processing for 3 days!!!
    TECHNICALLY we did not start processing until Feb 25 which should finally start giving everyone DDD’s within a few days!!!
    According to the IRS 8863 returns were began processing FEB 14, however According to this article http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/IRS-Warns-Problems-Education-Credit-Filings-65757-1.html dated feb 20th 8863 due to problems EDUCATION forms STILL were not updated as of the 20th!! ANY returns containing the EITC in addition to 8863 were held until the 25th!! I understand MANY filers received dd w/8863 ONLY, within the last week! This due to the fact they did not have EITC. According to the IRS dated Feb 8th ALL EITC returns were being held due to FRAUD! Again these holds have been now LIFTED!
    Here is a Timline to explain:

1/22 — IRS delays filing until 1/30
    1/30– Tax Filing officially begins
    1/31– IRS delays 8863 Education Credits will be processed 2/14
    2/8 — IRS states most EITC will be held due to Fraud
    2/14– IRS begins processing 8863 Education
    2/20– IRS says 8863 still being delayed due to errors
    2/20- ?– 8863 forms fixed
    2/25 — IRS states ALL EITC Holds have been lifted
    2/26–present — ALL EITC returns begin normal proccessing
  • This is a waiting game from all the info people been giving on here its just a wait a see i believe the info cause you dont just put something out there to shut taxpayers up and gey them excited you feel me
  • I need my money :'( I have two kids n bills to pay...they need to fix it or at least let us know what is going on
  • Oh fo sho....lol  but ya
    It just seems like all of us in "review" have a lot in common. Maybe not exactly everything but most of us were early filers, have EITC and/or 8863, have child tax credits and are expecting larger than average refunds. It just doesn't make sense that we would all be tagged for review. And I, for one, have a HUGE issue with having called the IRS 3 times and not one rep has given me a reason for why I am under review. They have referred to the letter, they have given canned answers and have been very vague. So I am back to my original thought of its just been a ploy to give themselves more time. I think this whole Me F system has screwed up more than they are leading us to believe. And why would you choose the height of tax season to Beta test your software? None of it is logical and if they would just give us some more information, do a press release or even a small blurb on IRS.gov, that would alleviate some of the sheer panic that is going around. Luckily my family is not depending on this money to pay the mortgage or past due bills or anything. We are using it to get ahead of the game, but soooo many people are being hung out to dry. Its sad! And I can't even imagine they kind of stress and hopelessness that a lot of folks are feeling right now. The IRS needs to get their sh*t together and get their story straight. You just can't mess with people like this.
  • Yesterday they told me my return is being identity thef, and today I call again they said everything looks normal and I will be getting a letter in two weeks and she also said its just a review letter and that I don't need to do anything.......Ughhhhhhhhh I'm annoyed by this crap. they need to tell me what is going on. She quote saying, I dont know what is in that code letter cp05 but as far as i check everything looks okay. then why the heck yesterday they transfer me to 3 different people to ask me for all my info. Saying reason why my tax refund is being on hold cause of theft. now today lady didn't say anything about that and juat told Mr everything looks fine.
  • Your right on that one so lets just see how this plays out
  • Have you called the identity theft line? I've heard of a couple people that have called in and cleared everything up over the phone. But, I think what they are telling you is just a load of bull. I've heard of people getting the 4883 (IT letter), I've heard of people calling in and being told they may have identity theft but then were able to clear it up, but i have NOT heard of someone calling in, being told they may have IT and then being told, "wait for a letter" like its no big deal. If you need the number, I can try and find it for you. I know I have it here somewhere.
  • This is bull crap. They just need to inform each person the truth of why they r holding back. It doesn't take them a whole month if we call them at least give us some answer. Not no this or that..
  • Just re-read your post. Um, yah there is no way you would be under IT and then they tell u you will get a letter and don't have to do anything. Call back. I'm sure you will get a different answer. When did you file, BTW?
  • I call speak with Rebecca she was very nice told me ur refund is on hold due to identity theft, so she transfer me to the theft line and a dude came on they both ask me for all my info and this guy told me I will get a letter code cp05 this monday coming up. So about 40 mins ago i call again to the irs a lady answer give her my info she look and said nothing is wrong with my return and just told me they r still reviewing it and i should get a letter in two weeks. Makes no sence i ask her do i need to send in anything she said no just wait for the letter
  • Feb-2 and got accepted the same day!
  • If it shows in the system that it was IT then why didn't she said anything today?? That got me wondering, I have ask her if there any error or do I need to do anything she said no...so really I dont know what is going on anymore..
  • Has anyone gotten a cp05 code letter then get a dd ?? Or is it true what I'm reading everyone has to wait till april-11-15?
  • Their train to lie lml to tell you the truth you have to speak to someone in charge cause these are phone agents that all they are
  • It is all crazy!! I personally received my federal on February 6th and filed on Jan.21st and it was over 8000 dollars but I also owed from 2010 and the Irs definetly took there 1000 dollars. But my boyfriend is under review and I filed his on the 31st of Jan. He files the same way for the past 10 years. But this his first time using TT and I feel bad because I told him it was easier and now he is under review. And he is not getting a large refund.Sucks cause I use my money to pay our car and insurance for the whole year and other household bills but his money goes towards our vacation for the kids. We are hard working people who look forward to our vacation with the kids. Hope everyone under review gets there money soon. What sucks even more is the CP05 letter says to do nothing but wait.Than after April 18th you will either get another letter or you refund..
  • This is crazy I can not wait till April
I just spoke to the IRS. I had filed back in January & it was accepted Jan. 25th then delayed for form 8863 but it seemed to be in frozen mode & just showing “processing”. After reading post here I called this morning & was told it is being reviewed just like most of yours but the rep said my letter should be sent to me within 2 weeks. He said that since its been inline since Feb.7th to be reviewed its possible that I could receive my refund before I even receive the letter. There is nothing to be done when its under review they just state to allow them up to 45 days.

He said the reviews are all done by computers not people all day everyday. So fingers crossed that it will get reviewed soon so I can see my DD! He also said its not scientific but its seems the largest amounts of refunds are deposited on Wednesday’s.

I'm also wondering since this hold lifted announcement  on 2/25 if that will speed up or remove all of us CP05's from "under review"

I am a single mother of one & a student & same info as previous years & I have never had a issue or had to wait this long on a return!

• I'm really hoping there is a change for all of us CP05ers tomorrow or Monday on WMR. Its been wayyyy too long!! Good info!
  • Yes it is a bit ridiculous we are having to suffer because they can't get it together! I file my taxes every year & even the first time I filed when I was 18( through Jackson-Hewitt) they messed up my name it was still sent to me faster than this! I never used them again after that. I use to always go to HRB but for the last 3 years I have used TT & never a issue! Praying we all get answers by Monday!
  • They said between 1 and 2 weeks lets hope its 1 cause its way to many people wit this problem
  • In regards to the info I posted on another thread about holds being lifted, I think its true for *most* of us. A lot of people that filed through HRB have logged into their accounts and have seen the processing date change from 1/30-2/7 to yesterday 2/28 meaning that their hold was indeed lifted and now they are back in regular processing and should have their DD's soon. Unfortunatley I didn't file through HRB so I don't have access to that info for myself but I assume it applies to a great deal of us. Although I would love to have it sooner, even 21 days from now would be better than what I know right now....which is NOTHING!
  • Good info cause people on here is going crazy mailing things in thinking its gonna expedite their return you know we all should mail our documents in and see how backed up they will be this is being heard from tax payers that are complaining and its more than maybe 500 people and the irs knows it and so do the media people are just getting pulled left and right wit the eitc this is average of $8000 and more
  • I filed with HRB back on 1/27 accepted 1/29 I have not seen a change in mine i got my letter last week it has a date of 4/18 on it which is one of the latest dates i have seen. I m in the same situatuin as many who filed and awaiting the return for trips, bills, etc. My brother and his gf both filed at hrb office and got theirs within a week. Im really hoping the holds are lifted and we all get our returns with interest (haha)
  • i wait a month for get an answer about my refund,after that time they told me my refund was ready to go to my account,,bullshit after a week i called again and their answer were "we sent you a letter called cpo5 we are holding your refund because we need extra information about you,,fucking burocratic people i never had a problem with any refund until now,,,,its no my fault if my boss takes to much money from my check,,this letter cpo5 never cames to my mail box they are liers and abusers,,now i have to wait for my right,,my money,,i am a hardworker but of course they have a good check evry week cause they work for goverment,,fucking irs,,give me my refund dont be so dick
I RECEIVED ONE TODAY TO SO IM JUST WAITING IM ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW TRYING TO TALK TO SOMEONE FROM THE IRS IF ANYBODY NEED THE NUMBER ITS 1800-829-0582 EXT 362 IT WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE A LITTLE WAIT TIME BUT GOOD LUCK !! IT ALSO SAY THEY SHOULD BE DONE WITH MY REVIEW BY 04/11/2013 I FILED THE 1/28/2013
  • Stereotype much yes...sounds like your racists might want to go back on your words..
  • Suenncarrero...Have you received a cp05?
  • i think no,its to easy to talk about racism when you never received a fucking cpo5
A CP05 letter means the IRS is reviewing your tax return to verify the following:
  • Your income
  • The withholding you reported on your income and social security benefits
  • The tax credits you claimed
  • The household help you claimed
  • Your business income
The IRS has added  new tax compliance filters and identity theft screening filters and human reviews  designed to flag fraudulent tax returns for investigation.

See below for more information.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/01/30/irs-tax-refunds-may-delayed-drive-stop-theft/8Vxoj8tw...

• i called them about my refund they told me they sent me a cpo5 but that letter never came to my mailbox
We filed on 1/27 we got a cp05 notice right before our 21days was up we have waited n waited we called to make a claim with a advocate last week i was suppost to get a call no later then yesterday no luck so i called to day no answer wgain left a message im up to hear with this years taxes we had to reschedule a family trip since we were counting on our taxes the irs is shady and are just giving peoplee run around every year we file the same no different kids same ones status the same and same job and income. Its irritating!!! Anyone get there refund quicker then date shown on cp05 our date when they are done reviewing is sometime in april.
  • So does this mean the hold has been takin off? We got an irs avocate and she said it was requested for a letter head from my fiances company of his ytd in 2012 and needed his last 3 paystubs of 2012 we faxed em off already i really hope we get our taxes soon we need em.
  • no need for that they are releasing the holds i got a date for the 8th today it's true it's true
  • How u get the date? N when did u file did u get a cp05 letter
  • Wish they would give me a dd...mine was sent to review and i filed early to...gheorghedeveny when did u file and.get accepted
  • Filed on 1/22 was accepted on 1/26(but they didn't start processing until 1/30) Claimed HH 1 child and EIC. I got the CP05 on 2/16 but it was dated for 2/25 and believe me I thought it would never get here. You will get one within a a week from what I here they are releasing the holds.
  • I file Feb2 accepted same day just got cp05 yesterday dated for march 11, but back said my review wouldn't be done till April 25 but hopfully I get mine soon next week finger cross. Wmr never change still the same check my bank still the same no dd yet.....sigh...
  • Don't worry my CP05 said April 11th so you will get a DD by next week.
  • Maybe 2 weeks but way b4 April 25
  • I filed 1/14 accepted 1/24 so i hope im lucky enough to get a dd soon too...i am.same HOH 3 kids eic...got my letter 2/14 dated for 2/25
  • Have you checked WMR today? Either way you will get a date soon
  • Oh yea i check everyday lol....never know whats going on though..stressful...but hopefully next couple of days...thanks
  • I was stressed too but don't worry yours wont be long
  • Thanks for that, The light at the end of the tunnel may come faster after all!
  • Nice!!! Whats the number to the holds department please?
  • Holds Dept 86688973315 the wait was only 5 mins
  • @Igrooms I was accepted the 4th of Feb and got my cpo5 letter about 2 or 3 days ago.  I'm with you and also have a cpo5 post dated for March 11th!! I will call the IRS tomorrow and hopefully I will get this wonderful news too!!
  • Call the holds dept.  THEY CAN SEE YOUR RETURN SO DON'T LET THEM TELL YOU THEY CAN'T! :)
  • @igroom31 ..what questions did holds department ask?
  • 86688973315 that number is a rewards hotline number. Maybe you added in an extra number?
  • I hope I get the ddd too....I don't wanna get my hopes to but ill check on everyone status to see.

Hope this help!!!!
    It will get here soon
    Keep your head high
    F*** the IRS
Thank you Jesus I finally received my refund yesterday !! Good luck to everyone else if you havent received it yet 
  • Jazzy when did u file? N what was ur date notice on cp05 letter.
  • i got a cp05 notice on feb 25th just checked the wmr yesterday and it finnally says approved and says my refund will be sent on march 11th
  • I'm not sure how their doing this this is weird first name last name date you filed or when you got your cp05 this is crazy I've been waiting since Jan 19 and when i spoke to a rep today one guy says your hold has been lifted so i was like ok this sounds good then i call another rep and she says did you get a notice i Said yes rep say you have to wait 45 days i hung up on her so I'm like who the fuck is telling the truth here long story short next rep says your hold has been lifted 2 to 3 weeks for your refund who the hell is telling the truth here two out of three i like those odds so i  hope i wake up to ddd
  • ^^^ I got told the same thing on Wednesday, that my holding review had been lifted and to expect my refund within the next 3-4 weeks. Still notta, and I was an early filer, and got my CP05 at the beginning of February.
  • They are lying to us out of there Ass...Ughhhhhhhhh why can't they tell the truth maybe it will make everyone feel much better or at least tell us what to do.
  • Hopefully this week it's like a lotto you never know right lml
  • Hope so my cp05 dated march 11 review won't be done till April 25 Ughhhhhhhhh I need my dd soon.
  • we are still waiting also we filed jan 26th!!! so angry with the irs its like us tax paying americans have no rights anymore the irs is giving us the run around like puppets for our money!! BULLSHIT!!! we faxed what they wanted over a week ago and we still nothing for an advocate after calling and calling..are all cp05 notices suppose to be lifted march 11th?
  • i pray datruthx its like the lotto lord knows we all need it
  • Husband filed married filing joint. Claimed our 3 kids. Got cp05 letter 2/28 dated 3/4 stating refund under review until April 18. Cannot order transcripts for 2012 yet :( . We were depending on that money to pay off our debts and just be comfortable and spoil the hell out of our kids. Until then scraping by on our checks. MERICA! I am happy to read good stories of change. If anybody has same review date please comment if u have any better info. All lines have just given me other numbers more transfers no answers except to "wait till April 18 or it could be sooner"  help........
  • I received my state but got a letter about my federal saying I was n review so When will I get my federal
  • Cp05 letter dated feb25, woke up to a dd for mar13!!!!!!!! :)
  • Wtf is going on i swear this is a lotto yo congrats to the ones that got ddd
  • That's what I've been saying and also seeing... people with those cpo5 letters getting dd's 12-15 days later. I think its highly likely those with March 11th letter may get them this month. I hope so. Congrats to the ones who got their dd's. Such a shame I have to say congrats because ALL of our refunds such of been in by now and this thread would of never been here. F**k the IRS I need my damn money now.
  • dd for 3/13 filed 1/25 accepted 1/27 cpo5 date 2/25
  • I'm a CP05er notice date 2/25. Just tried to check WMR to see if I got any update.. this is all it shows

We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:
    verify your filing date;
    check with your tax preparer or tax software provider; or
    verify you received your electronically filed acknowledgement e-mail.

I give the hell up!!! I have not tried checking it once since yesterday morning. WTF.
  • call the hotline
  • Called the hotline, it still says processing. f-m-l.  Counting from the date on my CP05 notice(2/25) its been 12 days, so I guess I can't bitch for not being one of the lucky ones who have gotten their DD's this past week. Just wish I was one of them! Praying some more of us will get a DD sometime next week.
  • they are mother fuckers holding your rights
E-filed with tax act. self employed EIC, 2 dependents. nothing to complicated

filed 1/10/13 accepted 1/31. Able to Order transcripts 2/15. Cycle date: 20130502. received CP05 letter 2/20 with a notice date on letter 2/25/13. Letter stating im under review and no info needed at this time.

Shortly after recieving my cp05 letter WMR changed to generic no info at this time message.

3/09 WMR changed to accepted with a DDD 3/13

I hope this puts some peeps nerves at rest

BIG UPDATE! FOR ALL CPO5 LETTERS POST DATED FOR MARCH 11TH CHECK THE WMR TODAY! I filled my taxes on Feb 3rd, got accepted that same day. Got the CPO5 letter posted dated March 11th, checked WMR today and I FINALLY HAVE THE BAR UP DATED WITH A DD FOR MARCH 14TH!!! THAT'S THREE DAYS AFTER THE CPO5 LETTER I GOT! THANK GOD!!! I think we all will get our refunds this month! 
  • Congrats!!! Must be a huge relief! =) Thanks for sharing.
  • I woke up this morning not expecting a ddd but i did to all who hasnt got on its coming
  • wow, u too huh? congrats!!!
  • Kayla think were the only 2 early filers left same 4464c letter dated 2/8,return transcripts 2/22,cycle date 20130805..Im lost at this point,guess were going to have to wait at least the whole 60 days :( Wonder all who got there ddd did there refund amount stay the same??
  • @Kayla & @Craig....You two aren't alone. I filed 1/23, got accepted 1/26, got the 4464c 2/6 with a 2/1 date on it and then I got the CP05 on 2/27 with a 3/11 date on it and still no DDD. I was however finally able to order my transcripts. The cycle date is 20130705.
  • well, I see they locked the talk transcripts thread  :(  guess they don't like us having any relief around here  by figuring things out   @ the law  I have 20130704 = march 20th  I should get mine one day before you if the transcript theory is right   I also was told on the phone I had a letter dated 2/6  no action needed
  • Law you got both letters?Wonder wth that could mean.I did see Monica ur thread closed,thought u musta been riding off in the sunset with your ddd :( I do hope there is some substance to this whole cycle date,even thoe mine is late in the game..
  • lol @ Craig   I wish I had a DD   nope  the moderator here locked it  .. for what I do not know ?  ... I have high hopes as I have saw quite a few others return transcripts add up to a DD  even someone that had a totally different theory  got  a dd and saw just a couple that did not add up but think they had other issues and a TA  to help  speed it up     OOO please  I hope we are not let down again  .... LOL   everyone here will know when I have a DD if I don't have a heart attack when I see a DD in print or the funds in my bank   if  I survive the shock  I will scream it off the keyboards
  • @Craig...I've had one rep tell me the 4464c means nothing and to go by the date on the CP05 and I've had TWO different reps tell me that it's showing on my account that I was done with processing/review before they even sent me the CP05(so about mid February), I didn't believe any of that bs though. Then I got transferred to another lady who said that if any IRS rep is able to look into your account in full detail then you've been done with processing/review, which kinda makes sense...
  • The 4464c letter must have ment something because that is the only 1 I received.With no refund yet:(I do think all ours stuck in limbo was flagged and none of us actually went thru anything,no reviews crap...Guess were just waiting on when ever a refund gets generated in the secret factory..Hope it just comes soon.
  • Help!! I filed in January but my return was held until 2/14 because I am a student. I ordered transcript 2/27 with no problems. When it arrived it looked like a DD date of 3/11. I was out of town this week, returned today, to find CPO5 letter dated 3/18. WMR says to try again later. How can I fix this? BTW I am female so it's not just happening to males.
  • Google understanding your irs notice i looked for that 4464c cant find it any where
  • That 4464c is most likely the cp05 there a bunch of crap anyway just days away till yall get yall refund
  • Filed 1/15/13 accepted 1/25/13 received cp05 letter dated for 2/25/13 gotta DDD for 3/14/13!!! About Damn Time!!!!
  • Filed 1/30/2013, refund over 8000, received the cp05 letter dated for 3/4.. checked WMR everyday.. was "still processing a date will be provided when available" for Weeks....FINALLY on 3/10 it shows a DDD of 3/14!!! So happy we don't have to wait until April 18th like we thought because of the review crap. Good luck to all the rest of you cp05ers.. your day is coming just hang in there!!
  • Where are you from
  • @craig, @monica, @ the law.... I really hope this transcript thing means something. I can wait another two weeks if it means an actual DDD. Theres got to be something to it, right? Cuz I was never able to order transcripts until about 10 days ago. I don't know if you guys saw the link I posted on other threads about info on the 4464? It is https://www.facebook.com/groups/160896290729676/permalink/166824406803531/

Its got some pretty good info on the 4464 (not the same as CP05) but its not really "good news" info. Just more about the IRS process and procedure. I need to file an amendment in the worst way but I dont even want to chance it at this point. Crossing my fingers for us all!!
  • PS, RE the above link. Its just a gal that has done a lot of her own research online and in the tax manual. Monica, I know you have tried to sift through that tax manual just like I have. Its complicated and there is a lot of terms and codes the average person cannot dicipher. But what she is saying matches up with the research I have been doing on my own and its nice to actually see it in laymans terms.
  • @kayla...how do you calculate your cycle number to get a date estimate??? mine on the transcript is 2013505?????
  • @rex....Your cycle date is 3/7/2013 I believe. @Kayla...Yea I saw when you posted that and read thru everything immediately (even the comments) hoping to get some new info. I just want all this to be over already. This is my very first year filing taxes and I already don't ever wanna file again. It's funny how they take my money before I even get it all year long,, but then when it's time to give back they troll me. Luckily I'm not in a Financial crisis or I would be going down to my local IRS office raising hell.
  • How many days you waited after cpo5 letter
  • @Law......I was afraid of that, I called the holds dept today and was told that "your refund is just sitting here, I have no way to tell you when it will be sent sir" I wanted to jump through the phone. They did tell me I had no "official" holds on my acct, just that it is processing still.......tic tock......tic toc, WHEN WILL IT COME?????
  • See! That's the same bs they told me. They said I have no review on my account and apparently I'm done processing as well. So it's like..........Uhmmmmm........WTF!? I just don't understand why my refund would just be sitting there completed, not being sent off.
  • @rex, thelaw... I've seen people still wait even up to 2 weeks past their cycle date (although someone said the IRS has 21 days after the cycle date) I can't even imagine how frustrating it is to know its there and ready to go and still not be able to have it. Rex, did you have your fees deducted from your refund?If so, check sbtpg daily. They update quicker and more accuratley than WMR.
  • .
  • Update!!! So we had a DDD of 3/14 and our money was in our account as of 7pm this evening (3/13) This long BS journey with the IRS is finally over for us!!! Good luck to those still waiting, it looks like its all being worked out though with the cp05 crap. Taking my kids shopping now, then tomorrow paying all our overdue bills. Good night :)
  • I'm hoping mine hits the bank tomorrow. SBT website said its been sent to my bank for deposit, but no update on my banking yet.
  • It will!!!
just got the same notice i'm not too happy bout this the letter says april 11th when it will be reviewed this gonna set me back big time
  • I been using turbo tax all these years and never got a cp05 notice and now I got one
  • My boyfriend got one too... a lot of people are getting them..how is it okay to pay taxes all year than when we want our money we are sh*t out of luck. Some people are getting cpo05a letters and are asked to send documentation in. So I guess it could be worse!!! This is the craziest tax season I have seen as of yet.
  • what does this mean
  • Just means they are taking a second look at your taxes and all your deductions or eic or whatever they want to review. Kind of like a audit but they are not using the term audit. Just have to wait it out unfortunetly. You can call the irs and tell them that your 21 days has past and would like to know if you need to send them any documentation. The lady my boyfriend spoke with was very nice. Good luck.
  • if you filed prior to 1/30 & used turbo tax..it seems you are under review..i filed 1/25 got my review letter today..can't understand what they are checking 1040a with eic no changes from prior years..i am calling taxpayer advocate tomorrow
  • How long after you filed did you get your code or letter?
  • I filed for him on 1/31 and if it wasnt for him calling the Irs he still wouldn't have known about the cpo5 letter. His letter is dated for march 4th so he has not received the letter yet. Soooooo many people are under review this year. Its insane!!
  • Has anyone gave you an expectation date or time a review takes?
  • Same here. Filed and accepted on 01/31. I had to call the IRS this morning to see what the hold up was. The gentleman told me that a hold had been put on it by another department and that I would be getting a CP05 letter next week. Looking up the letter online, it says that the return is under review and that the review can take up to 45 days from the date of the letter. Several people have indicated in their postings that the letters were post dated when they received them.  

Speaking to someone that has actually gone through this before in a prior year, how long did it take you to get your direct deposit? Did it take the full 45 days or more?
  • I've heard from someone that it took until november of that year to get their refund. I sure hope this isn't the case!!
  • The same with me. If I had not called the IRS I would not have known about me receiving a cp05 letter. The agent said it is scheduled to be mailed on March 18. Now that is ridiculous, because my taxes were accepted on Jan. 25. It has taken them this long to decide to review may taxes. If they have already decided to review them, then why are they still waiting to mail me the letter? Lastly, it would be a good thing to alert people on WMR that their taxes are being held for review. Fortunately, I have went back to work after a job closing and am not relying on my tax refund to help with bills.
  • it shouldnt be i received mine today
  • iled on 1/18 accept 1/26 delayed 2/14  order both transcripts on 2/20, got account only on 2/28. called irs on 3/1 told i should have a recieve a letter(CP05) all ready. called back on 3/7 and was told again about the CP05 witch i still have not recieve. 3/7 went back in to order return transcripts to see if i will recieve them in mail this time. 3/11 still no DD.. its been a nightmare...
    they said my CP05 letter is about my education credit..
any one in prior years recieve the cp05 reveiw letter? how long did it take after you got the letter to get a refund?
  • I have a cp05 letter that came 2/19/13 and post dated for 2/25 and said it could take up too 4/11/13. I called an agent and he was nice he told me they are checking to make sure w2 earnings were the same as I sent in. Once the employer w2 send in original copy they finish processing . They checking becuase of ppl using different credits and earnings they not entitled too. So the letter is not necessarily a bad one unless u have added extra earnings trying to boost up ur tax refund.
  • I hope thats the case but how long until they contact my employer? Thats the question
IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING WITH FILING BEFORE 1/30.  IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE WHO HAS FILED BEFORE THAT ARE IN THE SAME BOAT.  I ALSO NOTICED THAT A MAJORITY WHO ARE UNDER REVIEWE ARE MALE.
  • Nope - I filed February 4, accepted February 5  and got the letter today (but it is dated for 3-4)???? says reviewing until 4-11.  Don't understand.  Simple return, eic and child credit.  Nothing else.  Hope it comes sooner than the 4-11 date.
  • Same for me. I filed feb 4th and accepted on the 5th and just received theis letter today (2-28-13)
  • Is you review letter code showing up on wmr?
  • Typo mean your review letter showing up on IRS site?
  • I call the irs it say there was identity thefts which they days Monday I will be getting a letter code cp05 I file mine Feb-2 abd got accepted same day its has been over 21 days? Has anyone had that problem I wonder what will the letter say or what i need to do.
  • I never had this problem before till now I've always claimed two of my son now this is just crazy! They ask me for my info over the phone when i call irs and they transfer me to the department of idenity thef...please give me some advice or answer.. all the guy told me was to wait for the letter code co05..
Anyone who has gotten a DD after Cp05 letter please post your update on this forum please, along with any information about your cycle date, file date, processing date please. Thank you :)  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1746993-to-anyone-that-gets-a-dd-after-getting-a-cp05-reveiw-letter-please-post-here
  • I also called and found out the IRS is going to mail me a cp05 letter on Mar. 18. I do not know what they are reviewing, because I have been out of work all year until Dec. 3 of 2012. I worked 4 weeks and than filed my taxes. All I filed was the education credit (form 8863). Some one noted that people who filed before Jan. 30 on Turbo Tax have been getting reviewed???
  • @nuedaproduction,.. call the holds dept 866-897-3315, they are holding some returns for not filing,.. this can be fixed apperently,.. GL
  • Just spoke to a wonderful rep at the holds department who informed me my cp05 has been lifted as of yesterday and my refund is to be released i recieved my notice on 2/15 dated 2/25 was told allow four weeks from yesterday but call back in two if a dd date aint on wmr and the irs can tell when it will be sent... so all you cp05 victims relax ur money on way unless ur refund is messed up
  • Hope so fingers cross..I'm not going to check wmr for few days see it if changes or not.
  • Okay I called the holds department twice today. The first time they told me they have NO idea why I haven't gotten my refund back yet! They said there's not a hold on my account and that it's not showing I'm under review and to call the Refund Department and speak with an actual person to see if I can get them to release my refund because they're the ones holding it.  So I was transferred directly to them and all they told me was to wait until the review is up if I received the CP05 letter . So I call the Hold Dep. Back and they transfer me to Balance due Dep. and that lady was completely confused as to why they would transfer me there because this is my first year filing taxes so I wouldn't even have a balance due from any past years! And she tells me that they are indeed using stall tactics because their system wasn't ready for all the tax changes at the beginning of the year!!! She looked into my acc and could see everything that's been going on. I filed on the 23th, and was accepted on the 26th......... of January. She said this "review" is just a extra precaution they took this year against tax fraud, but once the review was actually completed a bug in the system shows it as still being in review so therefore a lot of returns are just sitting there in limbo until they get looked over again. I was done processing before they even sent me the CP05 letter apparently. She also said that If she (or anybody else from the IRS) can check my acc like that or if I can order transcripts then I'm done processing and that's "a good sign" and "just be patient".
  • Their a bunch of liars i had to call three times just to see if they were lying two gave me the hold is lifted and the other said it wasn't so who's lying i don't know
     if their jotting down every time same ssn calls and past it on to the next rep who knows I'll take the two who said its lifted
  • He everyone.  Call 1800-829-0922.  I filed on Jan 28, accepted Jan 30.  Got CP05 on March 5th, dated for March 11th with an estimated DD date of April 25th.  I called the number above, and she said it is scheduled to DD on March 20th.  On WMR it still says "processing".  So call that number if you are in the same boat, and you may get more information about the actual time frame.
I filed on Jan 31, I called two weeks later and they told me it was being held over eitc so I went home and orderd my transcripts got them a week later. Still no Dd or refund and got a cp05 dated march 4.
  • Yanno it's bullshit that when they owe us money they can take as long As they please but if we owed them money we would have to pay them right now or be in jail
  • I just got mine scheduled to my bank for the 13th finally, i was an early filer from jan and cp05 letter dated for the 25th if this helps
  • Same here i was one of.first filers and got my dd this morning of 3/13.....so good luck to everyone after me its been a long stressful wait
  • Thanks I hope I get one soon!!!
  • AHAHAHAHAHAH Just CHECKED Where's My Refund (WMR): Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank on March 14, 2013.
     If your refund is not credited to your account by March 19, 2013, check with your bank to see if it has been received.

I’m so happy right now I could cry, and feel the tears coming. Thank you Jesus!!! Been waiting forever. Got CP05 (dated 2/25) Filed on the 25th of Jan, accepted on the 28th. My processing date was Feb 18th. cycle date 20130504.
  • Congrats!!!! Soooo happy for you!!! Its about darn time!
  • Mine changed and my date is the 14 too:))) soo happy!!!!
  • Geez, there are DDD's left and right around here! Im soo envious. But congrats to you all!
Mammi I wanted to ask how long it took after cpo5 letter how many days did it take
  • I think we got the letter around February 25th or 26th.. not for sure the exact date.But our transcripts came Feb 16th with a processing date of Feb 25th
  • Mammi how many days u waited for DDd after you recieved the cpo5
  • I think around 15 days?? We actually even called a tax advocate to help because we use part of our refund every year to pay our property taxes. We didn't hear back from the advocate til a week later when she sent a letter asking for proof of wages, hardships etc.. but we never made further contact with her..so I couldn't say if it helped move our refund along or not. We had pretty much just given up and accepted the fact we may have to wait.. I didn't even check WMR for about a week, but just randomly checked 3/09 just for the heck of it..which turned up nothing, then checked again the next day 3/10 and to our surprise that's when we got the DDD.
My cycle date on my return transcripts says 20131003.....what does this mean? Can anyone hhelp me with the transcript theory?
  • I think that's April 9th.
  • How does that mean apr 9th??
  • 2013=year, 10=week (counting from 1/30), 03=day

I think it's:
    Sunday=01
    Monday=02
    Tuesday=03
    Wednesday=04
    Thursday=05

Not really sure about the days, But for sure that's 10 weeks after 1/30.
  • My Cycle date says 20130805  on my transcripts can anybody let me knw wat does that means?
  • 03/28/2013
  • Thanks  TheLaw how did u find that out so ill knw next time?
  • And what does that date 3/28/2013 means anyway?
  • People figured out how to read the cycle dates. 2013=Year 08=weeks counting from when the tax season began(1/30) 05=Day

01=Sunday
    02=Monday
    03=Tuesday
    04=Wednesday
    05=Thursday

So 03/28/2013 is the day your cycle ends and you should be getting your money. It can happen on, before or after that day tho.

It's just theory tho. It's not a proven fact people get their money when the cycle date comes around. But MOST people have. Not all. Have faith you will, and don't lose hope if you don't.
  • I still have never received the CP05 as I was told a month ago I would & the last 3 reps aren't showing it ever sent out but it shows I am being reviewed nothing for me to do etc etc. They said sometimes the letters are never sent out & they don't know why but the returns get released if no issues or they will notify me if more info is needed.

I was able to order my  transcripts 3/10 received them today 3/22 with a cycle date of  20130901 then next to it has a date of 03-18-2013 does anyone know what that means? This is how its listed under transactions
    Cycle           Date
    20130301 03-18-2013
    it seems like even though my return was filed 1/24 & accepted 1/25 that it didn't process or start until 3/18?

also above that it says:
    Return date or return received date (whichever is later) Apr. 15, 2013
    Processing Date                                                                     Mar. 18, 2013

then below everything it shows each of my 3 credits with there codes & each one's amounts & says 04-15-2013 next to each one & at the end of my credits & codes it list code 570 additional account action pending 03-18-2013 $0.00 is that on everyone's or what does it mean?
  • sorry typo: Corrected below
    Cycle           Date
    20130901 03-18-2013
Guys ive file my taxes on 1/30 and was accepted on the 1/31 and a week later the cp05 letter dated 3/25 stating that I have to waite until april 11 I was angry yet sad then days turn to Weeks and weeks turns to a month plus then tonight i started reading blogs tryna be hopeful and i decided to grab my phone and check my account and by my surprise my money is in there yaaay!!!! X D.      Time now 3:08 a.m 3/16
  • Be Hopfule Lord Knows I wasn't!!!!
  • simon u said ur cp05 letter was dated for 3/25. i am glad u got ur refund..
im tired of this money hungry goverment use us as thier personal bigy banks they take and take then wanna question are taxes. we need to rise up and tell these aholes nomore. it isnt the americans people problem nor responsiblity to fix what these rich aholes problem u caused the debit u fix and not by take are money how about we fire half the dam goverment that fix the problem the goverment get to powerful we need to take are country back it suppose to be limted goverment and their nothing in a consitution that says we have to pay income taxes nor that they can they put us in jail for bnot paying them 
  • UPDATE!!!!! I finally got a DDD of 3/20, I am hopeful that it will actually go in.....maybe even sooner. I got the orange bars back at the same time that I was given my DDD.....PHEW. Hang in there everyone, hopefully you are next!!!!
  • I hope so too...I called last night and they told me they are resending the same letter (a cp05) dated for 3/25, but I already got a letter from them on 2/23 dated for 2/18 stating that I didn't need to do anything...guess they chose to resend it bc I kept telling them I didn't get a letter at first....but I'm hopeful that ill get my ddd soon, especially since I haven't heard back from the advocate yet....
  • Good news!!! I did my taxes on 2/5 got accepted on 2/9. Got a cp05 letter dated 3/11. Just checked my wmr and now I got a ddd for 3/20!
Good news!!! Did my taxes on 2/5 got accepted on 2/9. Got a cp05 dated 3/11!!! Just checked my wmr and now got a ddd for 3/20!!!
  • I filed on 02/02/2013 received my first letter on 02/11/2013 dated for 02/08/2013 stated I was under review and that it would take 60 days for my review. I have called several times just keep getting the same ole answer. However one day this week a guy told me that it takes at least 45 days for them to review a return and too look for a change or ddd date sometime next week however I checked my mail yesterday and I got the cp05 letter this time dated for 03/25/2013 and it stated they would not be done reviewing my return until 05/09/2013. Has anyone else gotten two letters? If so have they gotten their refund before the date they stated on the letter? Please somebody help. any information would be appreciated
  • @massey.cynthia: I went thru the same mess, but I called the tax advocate and got my refund released. It unfortunately, will be mailed so ill receive it sometime next week but at least I got it released. The tax advocate number is 877-777-4778. Call them and tell them u are facing an extreme hardship and really need ur refund released. I wouldn't be passing this along if it hadn't. Just worked in my favor, so please call them, even though u have that letter...I have the same letter and still got my refund...the whole 7gs....released today. The only downside is it was mailed this afternoon..good luck, and don't wait til the 45-60 days are up if u really need ur refund.
  • bethellawreces did you have to provide proof that you were in extreme hardship?
  • Like utility bills eviction notice or anything like that
  • @massey.cynthia: yes, fax over BOTH or ALL of wwhat u have to proove u are in a hardship due to the irs holding up ur refund, and don't be afraid to cry a little, bc it seems they are here to help up...unfortunately, all they can do is issue a manual check, and they won't dd ur refund, but at least they can make the irs get up off ur refund. I hope this helps....
  • @massey.cynthia: alsso fax over ur w2(s) even if they don't ask for em....they can expedite the release of ur return if u send hardship docs and ur w2(s) with it...it took em (the advocate office) abt 1 day to respond after the initial 2 business days they take to get u assigned to an advocate. Within 1 day of faxing hardship docs and w2(s) and school forms, the advocate got my return released...a return that shouldn't hv been held up in the first place...smh...only thing is now I've gotta wait on a mailed check...
  • Okay thanks for the info I will do that
  • No problem..
I still have never received the CP05 as I was told a month ago I would & the last 3 reps aren't showing it ever sent out but it shows I am being reviewed nothing for me to do etc etc. They said sometimes the letters are never sent out & they don't know why but the returns get released if no issues or they will notify me if more info is needed.

Cycle           Date
20130901 03-18-2013

also above that it says:

I was also told my CP05 letter would be post dated for 3/18 which happens to be the same date as the processing date on my transcript.