I'm getting a message of "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Now, I have no orange bars!

I was accepted 1/31. and today i'm getting no orange bars and message of "Your tax return is still being processed.  A refund date will be provided when available" !! What does this mean?
  • I have the same problem i call to the IRS already they tell me I have to wait 2 more weeks to get a refund day now I'm starting frustrated.
    Accepted 2/6  I start tracking my refund on 2/15 I supposed to get my money before 2/26 turbo tax tracking windOw .
    IRS tracking Your tax return is still being processed.  A refund date will be provided when available" !!  what all this mean  I going to have my refund or I don't going to get nothing.
  • I just got these mail I'm getting a messege froom turbo tax : When you filed your 2012 tax return, you chose to use the Refund Processing Service. This service allowed you to pay for the TurboTax services (listed below) by deducting these fees from your expected federal tax refund, instead of using a credit card. However, our records indicate that your refund, after adjustment, was insufficient to pay the amount of these fees. Although we have no way of knowing, the IRS may have adjusted your refund to satisfy existing debts including child support, back taxes, student loans and state taxes, among other reasons. Because you were not able to take advantage of the Refund Processing Service, you will not be charged the Refund Processing Service fee. Your remaining fees for TurboTax services sum to a balance of $56.98 due to Intuit by 3/29/2013. . but when i ckeck on the IRS they say is still processing still the same amaunt there i got froom the very beginning same when i check on my turbo tax file whats that mean "
  • I recieved this same email, they are just letting u know that since u have not received your refund Turbotax  will automatically debit you for their fees.
  • Hello adytepa3084, how were you able to get thru talking with someone about your refund status.  I am having a hard time getting past the automated system.  What phone number did you use?
  • I got that message to ,call number on your email and tell them u have not got taxes yet and they'll  let you pay later.
  • Call 1-800-829-0582 ext. 362 to talk to a live person.
  • Many refund are being held if you received the housing credit in 2008 and 2009. if you skipped a year paying back then the IRS kicked your taxes out .  In addition to the education credit are keeping many held because of the way they setup the questioning. So they are going back to your 2011 taxes to compare to this year.They will complete processing 8 weeks from the date it was kicked out. You need to contact them or wait on the letter
I spoke with a representative at the IRS today and was told that the "generic message" I am now receiving is because my return (and many others) are in the Error Resolution department. Apparently we are now seeing this message due to an early filing error on TT's behalf....I was told to call back in 2-3 weeks!!! I am hoping it doesn't take that long...maybe they are just saying that so I won't call back. Anyway...the generic message means your return is in Error Resolution...
  • TT behalf? I thought TT has nothing to do with IRS returns?
  • what message is this?
  • Horrible news...I was told that TT has nothing to do with the IRS also...though I wouldn't doubt it because all the people I know who have received their taxes already didn't use TT!! I really hope it wasn't TT because if I find that out I won't be using the service anymore...and it's a GREAT service.
  • actually, turbotax just sent me a message saying that i should check their website for news on my 21 days because it ran up today.  but then it said i should recieve it by today because today isnt over for me.
  • larrycastilejr, I got the same email from Turbo Tax.
  • Is it true there is a 21 day rule to issue refund?
  • thats what the irs says.... 21 days after accepted not sure?
  • I got the 1st email saying to check the site...but then it just forwarded me to the same "myturbotax" page with the calendar that shows i'd get it anytime from the 10th to the 20th...tomorrow being the 20th and my status on wmr being "processing" from 1/30 to now has been making me nervous...so I guess if tomorrow does come and I get my dd then i'll definitely still be using TT next year
  • My deliver window for the 21 days is tomorrow. (IRS HQ is in Washington DC). So, hopefully today, I will get DD.
  • you not getting today I got the same thing already
  • I post some one info from another website  "Best answser:
    BILL B:I filed on jan 26th , Accepted on the 30th and I had the normal message ” Your tax refund is being processed you can expect a return within 21 days” but 3 days ago it changed to the same message your showing ” Your tax return is still being processes . You will have a refund date as soon as one is available” I see ALOT of people have gotten this message ( so thats a good thing ) I tried calling the irs for 3 days and just kept getting RUDE people who wouldnt give me answers but I finally got a nice woman yesterday and she said that it’s showing they didnt recieve my return until FEB 4th. I KNOW that is incorrect, and I saw someone else on here said they told them the same thing.. She says that there are NO errors or “red flags” on my return so it just sounds like the IRS had a mess up in their system and we are the not so lucky ones that had our returns involved in the mess up..She says its processing now but I was also told that about a week ago so whatever the mess up was I just pray they have it fixed and we will be pushed to the front of the line for refund dates.***************UPDATE*********** 02/08/2013 – I was FINALLY able to order my return transcript today which means they are DONE processing my return so I will hopefully have a DD tomorrow or maybe Monday since its the weekend !!!! I will keep posted.**************UPDATE 02/09/2013 ******************* System just updated this morning and I now have a DD of 02/13/2013 !!!!! Everyone with this message DONT WORRY you are NOT being audited it was a mess up on IRS part, nothing to do with HR/JH/TT and you WILL be getting your DD soon! !!! Try to order a transcript from 2012 Return transcript and if it lets you then your done and will have a DD within 2 days IF it doesnt let you order then you are still processing and it will be up to 1 week before you get it.
  • Yes, apparently TT was supposed to hold the returns until 2/14, when they didn't it caused confusion. I am not badmouthing TT because I use them every year...I am just relaying what I was told.
  • Same message just not the refund date part :(
  • Mine has been processing since Jan 30, the IRS is just giving me the run around when I call.
  • Ok what is this transcript you all keep talking about? I used H&R Block and I am getting all the same info.  I also called and was told was in the Error resolution file BUT the IRS agent said without saying it that it is IRS problem not the tax preparers.  Said if we haven't gotten any money or some kind of notification that we should call back in two weeks, she actually said they have got to get this fixed so to call and basically harrass IRS to get it repaired.   I am not waiting two weeks, I am calling this week.  I also called H&R because surely if there was some kind of major widespread problem they would know about it, right? Well they said they have not heard anything about some error resolution file and to call back in two days which is tomorrow.  I will keep you posted.
    Accepted on 02/14/2013.
    Took education credit.
    same orange bar for two weeks
    third week went to the generic information of "we will give refund date when one is available."
  • My account suppose to be in error too. I've called about 4 times and they have no answer why the account is in error. Its just stating that a refund date will be available its been over 21/2 weeks now and nothing has changed. I just want my refund or an explanation why its in error...
  • I also called the IRS earlier. Got on the phone with a nice lady. She told me the my taxes are in an ERROR DEPARTMENT and I WILL RECEIVE A LETTER IN THE MAIL. She also told me what the letter is about. Line 25 and 26 are not mark on FORM 8863. I JUST CHECK MY TAXES AND THEY ARE MARK BOTH LINE 25 and 26. WTH is going on!!!! This doesn't make any sense. I did my taxes with H&R Block. Why are they PLAYING with OUR MONEY$$$$$$
  • Let me know how it goes I have the same exact problem. I'm not waiting two weeks. I filed 1/26 was excepted until 2/14 with the education credit & 21 days for me is Friday...
  • If u filed with TT or H&R Block u will receive a letter in the mail. It's not they fault, it's the IRS. Everything was completely done. I guess when they system had a glitch it unmarked 25 and 26 on everyone tax return.
  • could you tell me which number did you call to reach the IRS?
  • So me and my 2 daughters get a letter from IRS ALL 3 dated feb 21, saying they are reviewing our taxes.we all filed and got excepted at different times. I called IRS Friday and lady told me it was just processing, she saw no problems.Our taxes have been same no changes for past 2 or 3 yrs. we all filed the 30 with TT and got sent and excepted 14th and 15th.  2 of us with school credit and child credit and other one with just school credit. We all ordered both transcripts last week
  • Call 800-829-1040 and hit #a couple of times after choosing the language.
  • Hey im just wondering if im having the same problem.I filed my taxes on 3/14 and got accepted the same day...well its 3/29 and the time frame window which i read bout says its just an estimate 3/22-3/27 but now its says 4/3,I just wondering if they still having problems with they systems or if still is this just the waiting period for everyone...been in processed mode for 15 days now
  • i was able to order my transcripts online.. but still never got a DD. filed in feb.. review letter recieved march dated 18th.. says review was done may 2.. which is today.. but no other info. my wmr status is the same.
  • This is why Many refund are being held if you received the housing credit in 2008 and 2009. if you skipped a year paying back then the IRS kicked your taxes out .  In addition to the education credit are keeping many held because of the way they setup the questioning. So they are going back to your 2011 taxes to compare to this year.They will complete processing 8 weeks from the date it was kicked out. You need to contact them or wait on the letter
I have the same problem. Welcome to the  financial collapse of the USA....
  • This is a nice way of the irs saying it's going to be past your 21 days for processing.
  • I am in the same boat...
  • me too i filed 1/31 none of the extra forms or credits, i have had the bar and the generic processing mesg from 1/31 till today it now says "still processing return a due date will be given when available" and no orange bar, so from what i have read over and over this means perhaps we are nearing our cycle of the return process. we will see, this has been the worst tax season i have ever seen.
  • I'm having the same problem...just talked to a rep from the refunds dept @ the IRS....she said it means you're getting closer to getting your refund date....nothing is wrong with your return, it's moving through the process.  (I filed 01/24/13)
  • Thank you for that info DAWNIE728! Accepted on 1/26 and my orange bar was gone on sat and since then I have generic "still processing return" message on WMR.
  • Well I filed and accepted on Jan. Twenty sixth with Education Credits. Three weeks ago my red status bar left and stated refund is being processed refund date will b given when available. Well bad news for filers who filed with Education Credits. I spoke to Irs this morning and Rep checked my account and stated that the IRS just began accepting these returns on Feb. Fourteenth and eventhough WMR states being processed mine is one of the millions that is yet in the system still waiting to be processed! WHAT? It is still in limbo not being processed yet and I have to wait twenty one days from the time it begins processing eventhough the WMR states it is being processed. It hasnt even been touched!!! WMR is giving taxpayers wrong information when in reality it is just sitting there since Jan. Twenty six and hasnt been touched! Now I have to wait twenty one days from when? She cant tell me when it will be pulled! Im soooooo discouraged Now!!!
  • i recieved a notice letter number CP05 why i claim the same dependant and my adjusted gross is acctually lower than last year what does this mean
  • i dont know if i even want my refund im so fed up.... i paid a lot of taxes this year i am so pissed... what the hell are they doing?
  • same here, accepted on 1/28, then received a review letter dated 2/4, on 2/15 fri finally was able to order my return transcript soon after WMR went from one orange bar to "your tax return is still being processed a refund date will be provided when available". i am on 22 days today with no DD!!!
  • I heard once your are able to order return transcript. Your refund will be issue soon.
  • i hope so but same day i ordered my transcript WMR changed to still processing refund be provided blah blah blah... hmmmmm
  • well read all the other complains about that on community board. I think tt really fk up this time this is my last time
  • my last time too..
  • w.dtucker what state are u in? i wonder if that may make a difference? i doubt though..
  • nyc
  • CT here.
  • whoa!! awesome im in hawaii.
  • is still federal not state we're talking about here
  • last time also
  • w.dtucker yah federal sorry my bad..
  • it should be the same in any state
  • thanks for the info w.dtucker.
  • Thanks for sharing !
  • That's bs I ordered return transcript 2/16 @ 830pm STILL NO DATE
  • Thanks for sharing. I just receive an e-mail from TT saying "We know your refund is important.The IRS estimates you should receive your refund within 21 days of your return being accepted. Our records indicate it's been longer than that. Sign in to the TurboTax Refund Tracker and let us help you find more information about your refund."
  • I think Turbo Tax should have alerted users that their education credit was going to completely stop the entire process for a month. I would have easily opted not to take it instead. It was only $200 for me. That's worth getting my refund faster IMO. I'm so frustrated. I've used tt every year, this will be last. I can't trust it won't happen again!
  • Well its been 19 days for me and nothing just a orange bar  saying  processing filed on February 1 accepted on the same day and still can't order transcript! Wtf. U
  • Thank you.. I recieved this message after checking this morning.
  • That was true for me
  • I am also having this issue after today is considered the 21st day. I was on the phone with 2 different representatives one told me there was an offset and that I needed to call the department of treasury so I did and they said they have nothing to do with delaying the processes of my return.. Called the IRS again and after asking several questions she finally stated even though the IRS accepted your return on 2-14 we actually didn't start processing it until feb 26 so we have 21 days from that point to process your return ... It's a little upsetting but at least I got the answer I was waiting for... And both representative was very helpful... So when you call the IRS just find out the date they actually started processing your return
  • Mines started processing on 2/4. No education credit or other credits.
  • My refund has been processing since jan29?
  • Omggggg jokerz are you serious? That's ridiculous....
  • Yeah
  • I agree have been waiting with all the same issues and messages.
  • I filed jan26 and mine just got accepted on the mar3?
  • Mine was accepted on the 5th of feb n says still processing when I called I got a nice rep that sent out a referral update because all her system said still processing to, so that way they will update me with wats going, I also found out because we used turbo tax we probably won't get taxes until after April 15
  • Mine was accepted Feb 7th still saying the same thing. This is the first time this happen..normally it on time.
  • Well of corse me and my 2 daughters checked again today and still says same.
There is hope at the end of the tunnel ladies and gents. I filed my taxes with turbo tax on 1/25/13, was accepted by irs 1/28/13. Had a refund date of 2/19/13. On 2/10/13 my refund date disapeared and i got either the message saying my tax return could not be found or that it was in processing. I contacted the IRS on 2/19/13 and they told me a letter was being sent out on march 4 to explain everything. On 2/26/13 i got a CP05 letter from the IRS post dated 4/4/13. Said my refund was being reviewed and something about combat zone tax break. Besides dealing with a few Ex’s i have not been in any combat zones. I again contacted the IRS and they said i should be getting a letter explaining everything, i told them i got a letter and it dosent explain SH@t. I was told no further info was available. 3 more phone calls to IRS and 3 more times basicly told the same thing, my taxes were under review….Well i am happy to say that as of 3/9/13 the irs website has my taxes as processed and a refund date of 3/13/13….As far as i know im one of the longest waiting for info, so to those still going through it…the refund is coming.
I filed my taxes on January 25th, and I have been waiting since then. It's always something with them. If the government wants their money, they take it. If we're owed money, we have to wait for it. I am upset because when I filed on the 25th, I was told it wouldn't be accepted until the 30th (everybody's would), and then to wait 21 days or less. I waited, called, and found out with educational credits, it was going to be placed on another hold status because educational credits wouldn't be accepted until February 15, 2013. I have until Friday (which makes the end of the new 21 day wait time) to receive my date. I saw the status bar all this time that said it was being processed, and now it says the same message as all of yours "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." This is the worse tax year ever. It makes no sense. It has now been 40 days since I filed electronically and paid that huge H and R Block Fee. I could have waited and mailed it in because at least 6 weeks is 42 days which is what I waited anyway filing electronically with all the I.R.S. hold-ups. Just wrong!  I can't wait to see the excuse this Friday. I am so annoyed with this process. People need their money. This is a shame and travesty.
  • P.S., mine was done with H&R Block, so it's not just Turbo Tax. I just wanted to let you know it's actually the I.R.S. Anything to hold back money they don't want to pay back. NOT FAIR!!
  • Yea, it's not TT or H&R block,  It's the IRS. I have friends that also filed with different agency even private accountant and still haven't receive there refund.
  • Same boat, please let me know if you hear anything. I called yesterday the 7th. They told me to look on the 8th and 9th then call back on the 11th. This morning still the message, looks like the little progress bar got taken done for a stupid generic message. H&R Block user also.
  • Looked at wmr still same generic msg. Will post if anything happens.
  • I called this morning to see what was going on with our tax return. We have already waited the 21 days TWICE and when I called in this morning I was told that it is an error on their part and we may be waiting an additional 20 days!! But rest assure a rep has our tax return and has been working on it for over a week now....WOW! Really? If its an error on their part, why arent they working faster to correct it and get our return out?
  • Me and my 2 daughters checked again this morning and nothing changed. All 3 of us filed Jan30th, sent to IRS on Feb 14th(college credit on all 3) excepted on feb 14th. we all had 1 bar up until Monday 4th. Went away now saying we are processing, 21days up yesterday and still nothing. not calling,you get a different story everytime, so sick of it.
  • If I knew this was going to happen, I would have filed without college credit, got taxes back then filed amended return for college
  • So, after I created this post. I called IRS on Friday, March 8th to find out the status, and the lady from IRS was so cool and honest. After the automated system says "estimated call wait is 15 minutes," I waited a whopping 40 minutes for someone to answer the phone, and when she did, I was blessed with the TRUTH. She said that mine is just like thousands of other people waiting due to the fact that there was an error on their behalf. She said the first error was that they couldn't receive taxes right away because  their system had a glitch in it, and when that was fixed, there was a glitch in the system not allowing them to accept the EDUCATION CREDITS. She said it was supposed to be fixed by Feb. 15th, and she's so tired of call-after-call-after-call saying someone told them to wait 21 days. She said the truth is that we are supposed to wait from 8-21 days for them to process a regular return, but with the EDUCATION CREDITS, you have to wait an additional 4 weeks. She said every single person keeps telling her it's 21 days, and it's never been 21 days this year EXCEPT the regular taxes. She would advise me to wait until this Friday to see if I get an actual date (may be before then and maybe not until then).  Whatever the case YES THE BARS BEING REMOVED AND THE ADDED MESSAGE IS "GENERIC." It just means we're all in the same sinking boat awaiting the IRS to get to us for the mistakes they've made on our taxes. I'm still patiently waiting. So far, this morning has the same message. The IRS lady said not to call on Mondays because those are the worst and busiest days. She said she's not going to lie to anyone because she woud rather for us to be upset and know the real truth, than upset and contantly and consistently lied to. P.S., I tried to order the transcript like some of the others said, and I wasn't able to order anything. It says they have NO INFORMATION ON MY 2012 TAXES. TO BE CONTINUED. . .
  • I don't have education credits I just have one normal Home Depot w2
  • My wife does hers by mail 6 days later she gets her check!! I do my taxes by TT directdrposit
  • Sorry had my return for DD at my bank will its been 35 days
  • I have to get this refund; I am full time student and I budgeted this refund but not until it was accepted by the IRS.  Why they accept a return to just either reject or not be able to process is crazy.  I was being cautious and did not count on ANYTHING until they recieved and accepted it.
  • The point is we all of had full bars and a refund date most over a month ago IRS needs to make it up to us it's there fault not ours
  • My DIL called H&R block and they are giving her the party line of how overwhelmed IRS and it will be a bit longer to get them processed and no there is no problem with the education credit per se...
  • awesome rp3horse....so 4 weeks for the entire process after accepted or four weeks from the 21 days?
  • Congrats on getting yours jokerz1978.
  • tinie1 4 weeks from the 21 days. I just received information Saturday (which was exactly 4 weeks after the 21 days) that mine will be DD on March 20th.
  • @ jokerz1978, it wasn't the IRS' fault solely. If you're with TT, I hear there has been some errors as well, but if you're with H&R Block, there are some major errors according to the C.E.O. from H & R Block in the news media last week. Check this website out if you missed the news:

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/03/12/17287234-filing-snafu-could-delay-up-to-600000-tax-refunds?lite
  • @rp3horse so its 4 weeks after the 21 days from when accepted?? or processing date on account transcript??
  • I have finally, after 51 days of waiting been given a March 20th date of DD. By that date, it will have been 55 days since I filed, and by the time I see my DD, at least 60 days in total. Huge difference from 21 days, right???
  • Congrats....
I understand the frustrations many are feeling about tax returns taking longer than normal this year, I myself have given it some thought and have felt the impact. However, I also  feel that there are two competing points of view on this topic. Perhaps some of us have been a little bit spoiled for the last decade or so, at least when it comes to speedy tax refunds?. I think that we have come to expect a healthy refund check within a week or two of filing but the truth is that those days are over.

Millions of taxpayers have discovered that it is easy to fib a little on their tax returns. Thus, millions of people have been getting larger refunds than they should for something like the last 10 years. Finally it has caught up with us and is now a big enough problem especially when combined with other economic issues, the issue is being addressed. I think most of us would likely agree that its no secret the U.S. is in quite a pickle economically speaking.

In short, I think what is really happening is that a problem is being addressed and it results in refunds taking longer than we would like. All we can hope and fight for is that this correction is worth what is costs and is ultimately beneficial to society as a whole.

Let's do our selves a favor and stick back some of our refund back for darker hour or a rainy day. Let's relearn how to save money and be responsible with the financial decisions that we make.
  • Thanks for the info.
  • cwinchell77 ..i don't agree...The IRS should save for a rainy day...The IRS takes our money before we even see it....so we  are not spoiled trying to get out money back in the beginning of the year...we paid all last year..We have waited a year.  The gov't  does not know how to save,spend,organize or anything else...it's to big and corrupt.  We work and taxes are taken our before we can put gas in the car...SO YEA I WANT MY RETURN ASAP...and the IRS has no excuse.
  • I am going to have to agree with lotwrswt. When the I.R.S. wants "our money" to begin with, they take it. When they raise taxes, we suffer. If we owe money in any way, they take it, pay the people and then give us the residule. However, when it's time to pay us back, it's 21 days or less, but if educational credits are involved such as mine, we get penalized for it. I submitted my taxes electronically through H & R Block on January 25th. The I.R.S. said they're not accepting anyone's until the 30th. O.k., that's fine by me until I checked 21 days later, and found out there was an additional 21 day hold for educational credits. Come on now. They didn't process it until the 15th of February even though they received it on Janyary 25th. What's more, I could have mailed it in and waited the 6 weeks (42) days because today is the 40th day I've been waiting. This is not Noah's Ark flood, or Moses' 40 days in the wilderness, etc. This is our money. Ours is taken right away, but they don't care about the families??? Wrong, plain ol' wrong. Now, the NEW 21 days ends tomorrow, and since I have the same dumb message you all have, we'll see if that message changes tomorrow. I WANT MY MONEY NOW!!!
I got email from Turbo Tax for " 1st Notice - Account Debit Pending for TurboTax Fees?"

Email- sent Intuit_NoReply@sbtpg.com Intuit_NoReply@sbtpg.com

Why, I'm getting this message? My refund of course covers the fee's? Any one else got this e-mail?

Important Notice: Request for Payment 
Balance Due: $67.65
Due Date: 3/29/2013
Order #: *******

*****,

When you filed your 2012 tax return, you chose to use the Refund Processing Service. This service allowed you to pay for the TurboTax services (listed below) by deducting these fees from your expected federal tax refund, instead of using a credit card.

However, our records indicate that your refund, after adjustment, was insufficient to pay the amount of these fees. Although we have no way of knowing, the IRS may have adjusted your refund to satisfy existing debts including child support, back taxes, student loans and state taxes, among other reasons. Because you were not able to take advantage of the Refund Processing Service, you will not be charged the Refund Processing Service fee. Your remaining fees for TurboTax services sum to a balance of $67.65 due to Intuit by 3/29/2013.

For your convenience, there are three easy ways to pay for your TurboTax fees and services:

1. Do Nothing. When you signed up for the Refund Processing Service, you provided us with your bank account information and consented to allowing Intuit (through its processor) to debit your bank account in the event the final refund was not sufficient to cover the fees for TurboTax products and services (listed below). Therefore, if you elect not to pay online or by phone by 3/26/2013, we will automatically debit your bank account ending in 7939 in the amount of $67.65 on 3/29/2013.
  2. Pay Online using your credit card @ http://www.turbotaxpayments.com
  3. Call 1-888-808-1723 to pay by phone using your credit card (Sunday through Saturday, 5:00 am – 9:00 pm PST)

Your Order Number: ********ShippedDescriptionAmount1TURBOTAX ONLINE DELUXE TY2012 PREP$29.991TURBOTAX ONLINE STATE CT TY2012 PREP$36.99 Sales Tax$0.67 Shipping/Handling$0.00 TOTAL$67.65

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have questions about this balance due, or how to pay, please contact us at 1-888-808-1723.

Thank You,

Bob Meighan 
Vice President, TurboTax

This message was sent to inform you of a critical matter. Please note that if you have chosen not to receive marketing messages from Intuit, that choice applies only to promotional materials. You will continue to receive critical notifications that are legally required or could affect your service or software.

This message was sent to the following address: *******

If you receive an e-mail message that appears to come from Intuit but that you suspect is a phishing e-mail, please forward it immediately to spoof@intuit.com. Please visit http://security.intuit.com for additional security information.

Please DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail. If you have any questions or comments, you may visit TurboTax.com/support to contact a representative.

© 2013 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit, the Intuit logo, TurboTax, the TurboTax checkmark design and Quicken, among others, are registered trademarks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Intuit Inc., Customer Communications, 2800 E. Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706

20425-1

• The funny part is i got the email right after.i.read your post
Just tried to speak to someone at the IRS because I have the same generic message as everyone on here. The woman transferred me to the accounts department and a pre-recorded message said that due to the extremely high volume of calls related to my question, they are unable to respond to my call at this time and to either try back later or call again on the next business day. Then it hung up. So, no answers for me.
  • I called at 7am and got the same message....I wanted to throw my phone but I can't afford to replace it. lol
  • Wow, they really did that! I swear the IRS NEEDS TO GO!!!!!
  • I have no education credits. IDK what's going on!!!
  • No education credits here either...... HMmmmmmm?????
  • I have the education credits, but I would have gladly left them off if I knew it would cause so much grief! It would have made more sense for the IRS to reject the damn return so i could have taken them off!
  • I'm having the same issue. I sent my taxes in through TT and got them "accepted" January 30th or something. Still waiting. I have the education credits, but the TT "refund date" was "before february 20th". Now it's into the 21st. Super! I need this money to, ironically, pay off some debt. And I can't because I'm a student and need this money! GAH!
  • Mine was saying this message since feb. 4th. I received a letter to call and verify identity, they clearedthis  mine but said an additional 4 to 6 weeks for my refund :-(  my boyfriend just got the message on his within the last week, was accepted on the 31st, and he called today and was told his was selected for review, we were able to order his retun transcripts this past Friday. Irs said he would be getting a letter. Keep in mind that whenever we called to see about the message your return is still being processed refund date when available we were both told that our returns had nothing wrong just still being processed
  • That's what they told me when I was finally able to speak to someone. Still haven't received a letter, still no dd and I'm on day 25.
  • well after filing on 1/31 and being in processing for 23 days i finally received a letter today it is letter 4883c for identity verification??
  • I
  • I had the same problem with my orange bar disappearing and the same message and tax topic 152 etc. 2/20/13 was day 21 for me. I called the IRS twice and first time she said still processing and second time they said it was submitted to the errors department and he said it looks like they were able to correct it without notifying me and i should receive my return in two weeks.....this was 2/21/13. Well someone on here told me that if I can order a return and account transcript then that means it finally got processed and two days later I should receive a DD date. Well Wednesday no transcript and I tried again Thursday and it let me and today we got our deposit date for next week! Hang in there guys
  • Ashleym ok sounds good. I never checked a transcript order result until today, it let me order but because ive never tried doing it before im not sure what the results were before now. My TT window ends tomorrow ( day 21sunday) but im not expecting anything on a sunday. Ive recieved the still processing for a while until this morning at 4:00am...now theres no bars and message states what everyone else is saying. Do it sound like maybe ill get something monday or later next week?
  • Sounds like ur about to run into problems.....r u past day 21 yet? Is so call them asap
  • I was sent a letter saying i was selected for review but it was two weeks ago
  • they said I was set a letter on 2/6  I never got one  and could not tell me the nature of the letter  other than I was in review   WMR does not say I am in review
  • Day 21 was yesterday for me... Im so confused and irritated.
  • promised myself I would contact the IRS myself about this very issue and that I would return and share my experiences... It helps if you read a situation on this site that if you call the IRS that you return and share, it will help someone sleep better. Anyhoo, I had this comment on listed when I went to "Where's My Rerurn" this morning, like every morning, and thru-out the day just like you... well I called at 08:00am, not the 1800 number but another number that is listed in the comments hereon this site that has the 465 extention comment. I talked to a nice young lady and all it was about is they couldn't send me my cheese (money for you sheltered people) DD because I somehow screwed the numbers up. They are cutting my check (BIg Ricky Ross) on the 27th and I should receive next week. Yeah!!!
  • What's the # you called??
  • It's 1800-829-1040 Mon-Fri from 7am-7pm.
  • I have called 1-800-829-1040, 1-800-829-1954 (Refund Hotline), and 1800-829-4477 (as suggested by TT) and I cannot get through to a real person! I am continually getting the run around on the automated system. Does anyone know what options I need to select?
  • 800-829-1040 selcect your language and then keep pressing 0. you should get transferred to an operator
  • Thats how I do it also
I'm getting my refund either this coming Saturday, or sometime next week. I had education credits (1098 T-Forms,) Super happy!
  • Finally a DD date today for March 20th
  • I just got my check today in the mail! (3/16) (I live in Texas, and it came from Austin,TX.)
  • @ntfan86 was it supposed to come in the mail or direct deposit n it just came in the mail and when did u file
  • I filed on 2/23, and my return was accepted on 2/25. For about 6days before my refund date was set. WMR kept saying my return was being processed and a refund date would be set. I had to call 1800-829-1040 and then I got my refund date. (3/15,) My check was mailed on 3/15 and I got it on 3/16. I had 2 W-2'S, a Dependant and 2 1098 T-Forms. On the check it say's San Francisco, CA and across from it it say's Austin Tax Refund. So I'm not too sure if I'll have any issues cashing it in. *I'll be able to cash it in at Wal-Mart with ID etc.*
  • ok just an update:  After finally breaking down and calling IRS and speaking with a super nice lady,  I got up the following morning and lo and behold...I have a DDD of 20 March! whoo hooo....I have heard if you call and tell them your issue they can somehow...push it through? or get it out of that waiting pile and at least in my case...it worked! Good luck everyone I will let you know if I actually GET the money hahaha
  • so ntfan86, even though I selected Direct Deposit, I MAY end up getting a check instead?  Did you select Direct Deposit as your way of receiving your funds?
  • glad to hear you got a date! hope your refund comes in on time. No, I've always used the paper check method each year. (it usually takes between 2-3 days to get the check,)
  • ok so me and my 2 daughters all ordered both transcripts on march 8,check mail today they in,BUT they are,all dated March 25 and said should get refund on later of 2dates march 25 and april 15 was 2 dates. there was a # on there 20131005 on all three??????? what is this crap,still in HRS HELL
MINE TOOOO!!!!
  • I got that too, but mine was accepted on 1/28.
  • my girl friend filed 1/17 accepted 1/25 got her check 2/6. so why am I still waiting
  • ACCEPTED BY IRS did they get an email from irs or turbo tax?
  • she only received a email saying it was received by irs. on wmr on 2/2 it gave her dd 2/6. she got and spend that already , but I'm still waiting. that's crazy.
  • oh wow... she didnt have any education credits probably or did she/.
  • I got a email sayin that mine was received on 2/28 not accepted. sorry. I'm still waiting for my refund.
  • SUCKS....I trusted the delivery date TT gave me and based my budget on it...now i'm broke and NEED it
  • me too :( the irs is evil
  • My GF  had est. DD for 2/8 and she still haven't received her refund and she getting also the same message.
  • no education credit for either one of us
  • Yea me and my Gf have no education credits.
  • it seems theyve messed up every thing.... i dont know what to think.... irs has issues
  • I filed on  feb 4th and i don't have any education credits and mine has said still processing for over a week. I don't knoe what is going on
  • I'm in the same boat. Accepted 1/31.
  • Me too madtedson
  • Has anybody got there refund back with that message if so how long did it take
  • Still haven't got mines!
  • Since I've been waiting this long do we all get a double refund?
  • I know right...and then they don't even explain. It'll be June when we get that money.
  • There is hope just got my refund check today yay!!
  • Now I can pay the hooker the I.O.U
  • give her big tip! lucky bastid....lol
  • Jokerz1978 Did you know u we're going to get it today?
  • No it just showed up
  • But my refund still says processing
  • Did you have the same still processing msg? Mine added the tax topic 152 today on top of no bars still processing!!
SAME HERE THIS IS HORRIBLE! This is my first year doing my taxes myself and i'm so worried I did something wrong or my daughters mother may have claimed my daughter after agreeing I could! Either way it's been a huge stress and TT's estimate of anytime from the 10th to the 20th just hurt my soul! (My return was accepted 1/31 by the way)!

Either way an answer or update from the IRS or TT would be wonderful...but doubt we'll get that...i'm already getting to a point of accepting i'll never receive it! lol
Anyone had there taxes modified with The State of Connecticut?
When I checked the DRS website for the State of Connecticut. It says my taxes has been modified, which is fine because I owe taxes. My question is, how long does it take to get the difference. I filled electronically. Any else had there taxes modified?
    If you can order your transcript's that mean's your closer to a refund date, I filed on 2/23, was accepted on 2/25 and I was able to order my transcript's at 10pm on 3/5. (I live in Texas,) I called the IRS today and the rep said my refund should be sent on 3/15 so I'm hoping it will go through on that day!
    • I ordered my transcripts...they best my check ..I live in Texas...wmr still says processing...it's march...I called a rep...still nothing
    • Beat
    • My refund date is set for 3/15,
    • Iam so done with checking up on the irs I called to day to see if there is problem with my taxes I filed feb20 were accepted feb22 my 21day is on 3/15 but my status changed from a orange bar to the same damn message all the rep could say is its still processing and that some people are getting letters but doesn't mean I will I waited 55mins to hear what I see online can u explain something any body else getting the run around?
    I really dont know how all this crap works and it may be old news ? but i heard there is a paw between the IRS and tt  ?  . Please tell me if this is true.I will do this the old fashion way from now on . The IRS and me, no two hands between The IRS  amd me  ,and thanks  for the reply back
      I filed my 1040 on Feb 15 and accepted by the IRS same day. Waiting now past 21 days and no change to WMR, still says being processed and the little bar is now gone. I used TT to efile and claimed Education and Child Tax credits. Getting kinda antsy and plan to call 7 am on Monday to follow up. I am abroad right now and figure my return got flagged for review, but for sure I won't receive any letters from the IRS here as the mail is notoriously unreliable. It's astounding how inept our own bureaucracy appears to be in comparison to many other countries. I was absolutely gobsmacked when a close friend showed me how simple his UK taxes were to file!!
      • Nothing to add, just wanted to compliment you on your use of "gobsmacked" lol. We need to bring that word back.
      • OK I called this morning and they old me what several have already said. H&R Block as well as Turbo Tax software allowed tons of taxes to be filed with educational credit sheet and left 1 or 2 boxes unchecked. So all those are sitting in a resolution department. They say allow 5 days in that department, then you should have refund with in get this 30 days. So he told me I should have refund for sure within 30 days from today. OMG
      • I have been told several times that my return was in error department but they completed this error 2/13 and that I would have my refund withing 4 weeks from 2/13. Well it has been over 5 weeks and I called this morning to find out and a gentleman told me it was still in a error
      • Department because the computer keeps rejecting it and that department hasn't posted any info about what's going on. So the representative can't tell me whats going on.
      • I'm beyond frustrated will I ever get my refund?
      • Hi my name is crystal i was accepted on january 25 i been callin since february we are in august they gave me a date march 22 then may 13 then july 13 now august 9 they are telling me it was a error on my return they told me i was part of idenity theft aint no body stole shit from me i file every year aint never had no problem and when the 9th come and i call them then they will tell me oh you half to wait another 6to 8 weeks the irs is full of shit
      I"m in the same boat as everyone else.  I filed on 1/26, accepted on 1/30 and as of now, it's "still being processed."  I've even already gotten my NC state return and that NEVER happens promptly!  What's so frustrating is that I don't have any extra credits that would take time - I didn't even bother with them since it wouldn't made much of a difference.  I'm also getting the runaround when I try to call.  This is so stupid!!!  >:(
      • Is there anyone left besides me who filed/accepted 1/28 with NONE of the forms causing delays that is still stuck on this processing message with no refund, no letter or notice of any kind, zip?!!!!!!!  I'm soooo over this if I didn't want my money back I'd just give up......believe me I've adjusted our withholdings for this year already to avoid this mess next year........I have a feeling it can only get worse next tax season.
      • No, me and my 2 daughters filed on jan30 , TT said excepted on 14 when I called IRS they said15 and show nothing wrong just still processing ect. I get a different story every time I call. So sick off it.
      • There was one guy on here that only had 1 w2 form like u no extras. He said his money just showed up at bank today and on IRS website still shows processing.
      • I keep hoping that will happen to me but so far no such luck :(.....I'll check again tomorrow since a lot people who did get notices are getting DD on the 13th but I certainly won't hold my breath.....
      • Me either!!!  me and my 2 girls are here in this IRS hell with u!! It would be nice if at least one of us would get our refund...
      • @info   I also was accepted on 1/28 with no delayed forms  and still stuck in processing  I was told a letter was sent  but I never got it
      H&R Block snafu delays 600,000 refunds
      Tax preparer neglected to fill out mandatory field, IRS says
      By Jonnelle Marte
      The nation’s biggest tax preparer bungled more than 600,000 returns, delaying refunds by as much as six weeks, the IRS tells MarketWatch.
      Though people turn to preparers for expertise in making sense of the confusing forms, sometimes even the professionals can’t get it right. H&R Block (NYSE:HRB) improperly filed Form 8863, used to claim educational credits, leaving a mandatory field blank. The snafu is impacting about 10% of the 6.6 million tax returns containing Form 8863, IRS spokeswoman Michelle Eldridge says. Those taxpayers may have to wait six more weeks before they receive their refunds, she says, adding that the IRS is hoping to reduce that wait time.
      H&R Block confirms there is an issue with tax returns filed before Feb. 22 because the IRS changed the way it processes some of the yes or no questions on the form. While in previous years, leaving a field blank to indicate “No” on certain questions was acceptable, the IRS is now requiring preparers to enter an “N.” As a result, H&R Block says, it is working with the IRS to clear these errors, but the company would not give details on how it is correcting returns or exactly how long taxpayers will have to wait for their refunds. The IRS says it is able to keep processing these returns now that it is aware of the system-wide error, but that affected taxpayers will still face delays because of extra steps needed to correct the issue.
      The error is creating delays for taxpayers who, following the fiscal-cliff deal, already had to wait an extra two weeks before filing their returns, many of whom were counting on their refunds to pay their bills.

Leslee Napier, a 26-year old nursing student in Princeton, Ind., prepared her return with H&R Block on Jan. 24 so that it would be one of the first returns accepted on Feb. 14, when the IRS began processing forms for education credits. But weeks after her return was supposed to be accepted, the “Where’s My Refund” tool on IRS.gov said her return was still being processed. It wasn’t until more than three weeks after her return was supposed to be accepted that an IRS agent told Napier her return was being held because of issues with Form 8863 and that it might be four more weeks before she receives her refund. “I was worried all this time that I did something wrong or that I was being audited,” says Napier, who is waiting on her refund to pay off a $600 line of credit she opened with H&R Block in December to get her through the holidays. Meanwhile, interest charges are piling up, she says, and she is waiting to catch up on bills and buy new clothes for her 2-year-old daughter.
      For students, the delays come at a time when many are facing state deadlines for applying for financial aid: the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, the form for applying for federal financial aid, requires tax information. Elizabeth Havens, a student in South Carolina, says she took a copy of her return to her school so that she could move ahead with her financial aid application while she waits for IRS approval.
      Students still waiting on their returns to be processed can manually enter their financial data on the Fafsa and then return to update the information once their returns have been accepted, according to the IRS. The issue led to a slew of complaints on H&R Block’s Facebook page, where taxpayers expressed their frustration, offering each other tips and at times calling for their tax preparation fees to be refunded. The company also used the platform to post updates for customers.
      • So is this just HR block, I filed Jan 30th with TTax!!! This is crazy
      • I will bet it's with Turbo Tax also. If you read, in the past if you left a box unchecked it meant "no" the IRS changed their rule without telling anyone.
      • My goodness,just don't understand why some got there's in weeks ago. I know about 60 people that got there's end of Feb beginning of march.
      • yup but you know what? Its not that I don't care....but I don't care there was a mistake made...what ticks me off to no end is letting  all these people wonder what the heck has happened when they have probably know this since they accepted them.  Because now, like 1000s of other people after mine was accepted and told my refund would be available in 21 days, I made budget decisions that are hurting me like you would not believe.
      • my son is graduating from boot camp and I have to travel 1200 miles to see it.  I am just heart sick that I have plane ticket with no hotel no car no way to get to see this.  I will be sitting in an airport for four days.  But if I had been told this off the git go I would have never made the financial decisions I did.  I was told my refund would be deposited in 21 days and made decisions on that.
      • Same here!!!
      • Well lots of us in the same boat, I am sitting in Northern Illinois with no heat, was counting on the money to buy propane. I don't know why they couldn't have just rejected them and let us correct the mistake. Right now there isn't squat we can do to correct it.
      • And the thing that chafes me is I had NONE, ZERO of those forms that are supposedly causing the snafus......I wish there was a way we could collect interest from the irs......I saw on the irs website they basically have 45 days from your file date to refund your money w/o them owing US interest - day 44 is tomorrow for me but I'm sure they'll pull the excuse of getting bumped back to a later acceptance date gibberish......and I filed w/ TT also, not H&R......
      • @karen you have child in boot camp?  congrats!
        @amaltry that is just terrible I won't complain anymore I will figure it out even if I have to sleep in a lobby somewhere..
      • Sorry praying you get your money before you leave. I had to leave my job dec 27th, surgery(cancer) and I was using this money to cover my lose of income. I had extra taxes taken out..
      • No, I meant same here other part. My son is on Air Force, he graduated 18 months ago.
      • tinie1, I was in the military for years. You should go the the base and see if they can accommodate you somehow, possibly see if your son knows someone in boot camp with him who's parents are also flying in to give you a ride? I really don't understand why someone that filed with none of these crap forms would also be held up. Maybe the IRS is playing us for fools and took the month off.
      • email from H&R Block this morning.

VALUED CUSTOMER

We are writing to let you know that the IRS has confirmed an issue related to certain education tax credits claimed on Form 8863, which has affected and delayed your tax return. We sincerely regret this inconvenience and want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to work with the IRS and to resolve this issue quickly.

The IRS has informed us and other impacted providers that they are currently processing these returns and should be able to more accurately provide refund timelines via its “Where’s My Refund?” website. Please note this website is updated overnight by the IRS, so you don't need to check it more than once a day. It may take up to 4-6 weeks to process your return. However, some H&R Block clients are already reporting a change in their refund status since the IRS began processing these returns.

As a reminder, at this time, there is no additional action needed if you:

1.    Received an IRS letter requesting additional information for Form 8863 and already responded to the IRS; or
        2.    Have not received an IRS letter about Form 8863 to date.

If you have received a letter from the IRS and have yet to respond, please call 800-HRBLOCK. The customer service agent will be able to better serve you and provide next steps.

If you applied for financial aid through the FAFSA program and you are waiting for your return to be processed, you can take the following steps to finalize your FAFSA application and proceed.

The Department of Education suggests:

You can manually enter the tax return data on the FAFSA application if your return has not yet been processed by the IRS.
        Return to the online FAFSA application to update the information when your return has been processed.

This information is posted on the FAFSA section of the Department of Education website.

Please know that we are doing everything in our power to address the processing of your return and we will continue to update you. We thank you for your patience while we work with the IRS to expedite the filing process on your behalf.
      • I recieved that email as well. I called h&r block & was told that the 4-6 wks started March 9th but it should take "substantially shorter than that". ????
      • So what's that mean we going to got the refund ???  our going to get nothing that's my question?
      • Ugh! I just talk to a lady at the IRS and she told me that my refund is in unpostable status, she couldn't give details as to why but she asked me to print out my return and mail it. She said it will take another 6-8 weeks from the time they receive it... why couldn't any of the other operators tell me this? So frustrated about this!
      • Omg jasonslate I start getting scare why the IRS do these  we need some answers I mean 6-8 weeks is like to months just think  suppose turbo tax mine got accepted on 2/6 more than a month and when a check IRS still being processing.
      • Yes I wish I could get straight answers I was accepted 1/30/13 so I am very overdue! Hopefully with me mailing my return it will get processed.
      • I'm getting a messege froom turbo tax : When you filed your 2012 tax return, you chose to use the Refund Processing Service. This service allowed you to pay for the TurboTax services (listed below) by deducting these fees from your expected federal tax refund, instead of using a credit card. However, our records indicate that your refund, after adjustment, was insufficient to pay the amount of these fees. Although we have no way of knowing, the IRS may have adjusted your refund to satisfy existing debts including child support, back taxes, student loans and state taxes, among other reasons. Because you were not able to take advantage of the Refund Processing Service, you will not be charged the Refund Processing Service fee. Your remaining fees for TurboTax services sum to a balance of $56.98 due to Intuit by 3/29/2013. . but when i ckeck on the IRS they say is still processing still have the same amount there i got froom the very beginning the same when i check on my turbo tax file whats that mean "
      • Just checked on my staus through Where's My refund and i got a DD.. I've filed since 2/9 and just getting a date for Friday.. I just pray that another error doesn't happen until i get my money in my bank.. That last person i spoke to took his time and to look through my account and told me i will have something by Friday and my date is set for Friday.. Wish you all the best of luck with your refund...
      • Wow that sounds a bit comfortable and i wish the best for you to i hope you got something by friday please
        Be contact to see what happened.
      • @adytepa3084 that means they didn't recieve there pymt and its been over the grace period of 21 days then they send that email out. But it's stupid because if they didn't recieve there share it's common sense that you didn't recieve your refund yet.. These ppl really need to step there game up..
      • Right !!  Tha's What exactly i was thinking  the first thing everybody got too exciting when you get the mail with calendar and you be counting every single day till you got to the day's light up and stupid message on top of the calendar "  you going to have you'r refund before this day " and when you passed that day and you still waiting for your money they charge you.. Like the way you say  These ppl really need to step there game up.
      • @jasonslate, did you have the education credits or file a new dependent this year?
      • @bngore30, No I did not have any education credits or new dependants everything is the same as the last 2 years.
      • @jasonslate what day did you file? I don't have the education credits either, but I did have a baby in July.. I'm thinking the new dependent is what's holding mine up...but who knows?!?!
      i feel this way....click on pic if u cant see it.
      • hahaha....YES!!!!  Thanks for lightening the mood a little........but I'm still stuck in processing H-E-L-L.......how is it they can claim they sent out notices yet so many of us NEVER GOT THEM??????
      • haha I feel like that AND dirty harry in the coffee shop!
      • alrighty....called IRS today finally and only had to wait 15 min. which I didn't think was awful....talked to a nice lady on the phone (yes, people I'm ticked but it really helps to be nice to them; they're people too doing a job) and she spent a fair amount of time trying to find out why after almost 45 days and none of the "troublesome" forms I'd heard or received nothing - she was surprised herself.....apparently I'm one of those "unpostable" people whatever that means; basically an error w/ their system.....that has been corrected and supposedly I'm processing for real now and she said I SHOULD see progress/resolution w/in a couple weeks.....not real excited about that but at least I feel like something is happening now......hopefully by beg. of April this will be over even though it should have been over a month ago.
      • Same exact story here supposedly mine was put into REAL processing on Feb 13th. Now this Am when I called she told me to mail in my already filed return papers to an address in CA. Now to wait another supposed 6-8 weeks for them toget my refund posted since mine is "unpostable" mode. Who knows if the IRS will ever process mine, I also do not have any of the problem forms on my return either.
      • I read a lot about the "unpostables" on the IRS manual but I don't really recall what it said, mostly gibberish, lol. But I think thats good news. Maybe not as quick as you would like but at least there seems to be an end in sight.
      • Well finally after waiting over 45 days we finally got our return. We had to get help from a tax advocate, otherwise we might still be "stuck" in the system. Hope everyone else receives theirs soon!
      mine did the same thing..... processing.... or error now... no info at all
      • Same here!!!
      • idk what to think... but id rather of not filed at all
      • Same here.
      • SO IS THIS DELAY SO THE IRS CAN TAKE MONEY AWAY FROM OUR REFUND?
      • I have no idea. This is my first year has a self prepare. I use to have private accountant until he passed away.
      I promised myself I would contact the IRS myself about this very issue and that I would return and share my experiences... It helps if you read a situation on this site that if you call the IRS that you return and share, it will help someone sleep better. Anyhoo, I had this comment on listed when I went to "Where's My Rerurn" this morning, like every morning, and thru-out the day just like you... well I called at 08:00am, not the 1800 number but another number that is listed in the comments hereon this site that has the 465 extention comment. I talked to a nice young lady and all it was about is they couldn't send me my cheese (money for you sheltered people) DD because I somehow screwed the numbers up. They are cutting my check (BIg Ricky Ross) on the 27th and I should receive next week. Yeah!!!