my tax refund was rejected by my bank and dont kw where it is

my tax refund was rejected by my bank due to a restriction on the wrong account. I was told to contact the irs and they told me to contact my preparer .... please help because i dont know what else to do at this point
    it can take up to 14 days for the IRS to receive your money back from it being rejected by your bank, and then they have to reprocess it, then send it out via paper check which can take up to 28 days to get to you after they send it(this is what i was told by an IRS agent yesterday)
    • Well I was told it takes 21 days to get money back from the bank and another 3-6 weeks for a paper check to be issued
    Usually when a bank returns a refund back to the IRS due to a bad account number, the IRS will then print and mail a check to you.   This could take weeks to do.
    • This exact thing happened to me. My refund was due to be deposited 2.27.13 but the bank rejected it - It will go back to the IRS and they will mail out a paper check. The IRS said it could take up to 3 weeks to get the funds back and they will issue the check which could take an additional 5 weeks to receive. (THIS IS WORST CASE SCENARIO) - its frustrating though that the bank can't go the extra mile and try to figure out who it belongs to and then contact you and make you prove its yours before releasing it to you.
      Good luck, I will try to repost when i actually receive it.
    • have irs received the money yet that ur bank rejected?
    • I just checked online yesterday on WMR and it says we have received your refund and it is being processed. I will assume that means they have gotton the money back from the bank. Fingers crossed that it won't take long now. Will update when i receive my check.
    • my was suppose to be dd on the 27 also but no update yet. irs says they have not received how long could take godddd frustrated. well hope everything goes well with yours.
    • Same thing happened to me this year...How long did it take to get check in mail?
    • Mine had a deposit date of the 10th but was rejected. My bank, Chase, says it takes 3 business days to send back. IRS says once it's sent back, it takes 2-4 weeks to receive check in the mail.
    • Called my bank and said refund was rejected and sent back to tax preparers bank instead of irs. Hr block mailed my check on the 15th. Call your bank and asked who did the send the deposit back to. Mine was sent back to hr block not the irs.
    • having the same issue.  Thanks htowndestiny for that info, will call my bank tomorrow to ask where they sent my check to as well.