W2 wrong and employer won't correct

My W2 is wrong. The wages and SS withheld don't match. It is because the employer added the last week of 2011 to the 2012 taxes but didn't include the income. So the W2 includes the income from just 2012 but the taxes from the last week of 2011 and the rest of 2012. That last week was not taxed in 2011 so we should pay for it in 2012. The employer understands this discrepancy, but thinks it is reported correctly and therefore will not resubmit. It is a very small company without a real accountant. Should I just put the correct value in for the income even though it won't match the submitted W2 or do I keep the numbers the same even though they are clearly wrong (and I don't think Turbotax will let me submit that way)? Thanks for your help!
  • I'm not clear. You say, "the wages and SS withheld don't match". Okay, don't match "what". What specific boxes on your W-2 don't match? And what is it those boxes don't match? I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what it's supposed to be matching.
  • What I mean is that Box 3 (SS Wages) and Box 4 (SS tax withheld) are internally inconsistent. If you calculate the standard 4.2% for SS tax, it includes the last week of 2011, but the wages only show the wages from 2012. For example, if I made 1k a week, the taxes are on 53k of income ($2226 in Box 4) but the wages only show $52k in Box 3. Since the last week of 2011 was never taxed, I think the wages should show $53k in Box 3, but the employer refuses to submit a corrected W2. If I submit as given on the W2 (the incorrect numbers), will I get audited?
You should probably match what the w2 says, if its wrong its the company that will have to answer for it.
    No, "YOU" won't get audited. But the employer will if this occures on a large percentage of the W-2's he issued. File exactly as you have it on the W-2.