replacement windows in a rental house

I purchased and had installed replacement windows for my rental home PRIOR to it being declared as a rental (I was living there at the time the windows were replaced).  I know they are depreciable over 27.5 years, but what should I enter in Line 4 of the Asset Entry Worksheet?  Are the windows considered "I - Residential Rental Real Estate"?  I'm not sure how it this entry is calculated, but Line 4 is "J - Nonresidential" for a depreciable life of 39 years, and I know that's NOT right.

Thanks!
jason
    The windows are part of the house and thus are included in the depreciable value of the house.  You wouldn't enter them as a separate item.
    • So when TurboTax asks me what I paid for the house, I should enter purchase price + windows - land value?
    • You would depreciate the house based on either its fair market value on the date you made it available to be rented, or on its original cost plus whatever permanent improvements or additions you've made to it, WHICHEVER IS LESS. (IRS Publication 946)