This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

has anyone else received letter 4883c from irs?? if so how long did if take to get your money afterward??

• Received one today, on hold with these people now....so nervous. Not because I did anything wrong, but because I have a phobia of talking on the phone. Did you call them? How did it go? What did they ask?
  • i got one too and the number they gave me i called 3 times and all 3 times i sat on hold for more than 2 hours and never once did they come to the phone but all 3 times they said there was a 30 minute wait.  Did u talk to them and what did they ask. What number do u suggest i call
  • I received a letter on 2/2 that I would be under review.  Then received 4883c on the 18th.  I called on the 19th and sat on hold for an hour and 45 minutes, that definately tried my patience.  When the agent finally came on the phone, he was very courteous and asked me questions like, who did I claim on my return this year and who did I claim last year.  What was my address on my claim this year and last year... tried to trip me up a couple times.  It seemed that he was basically just trying to verify my identity.  After these questions he said that was all he needed and everything else looked good.  He said to please allow 2-4 weeks for them to finish processing my return but it may be faster than that.  I'm still processing as of today.  Getting very anxious for my big refund this year.  First year claiming my son.  Hope this helps someone.
  • 2-4 weeks for them to finish processing my return but it may be faster than that OMG
  • same response I got.
  • i got that letter today. will call on monday.
  • Same thing I got wait 2 to 4 weeks to wait
  • What number they gave you to call
  • Call 1-800-830-5084 ext 123 Make sure u have your last year tax return when you call & this year
  • the same here
  • For this of you who called days ago, has your where's my refund changed yet or is it "still processing, a refund date will be provided when available"
  • Mine has not changed yet
  • Mine has not changed and my transcript is not ready but now whenI try to order the transcript it doesn't tell me I entered wrong info just says not ready so that's something.
  • I called on the 14th of Febraury. So far no change in status after 12 days. 4883c
  • Another day of the same ole same ole "Your return is still being processed..."  This is getting real old real fast.  I guess it's at least comforting to know that I'm not alone.
  • Yeah I got my letter yesterday, called this morning...got the 4-6 weeks thing, she said it could be faster than that but 4-6 weeks is timeframe they have to quote. I'm glad we are getting somewhere but I filed my taxes a month ago, I think these should take some sort of priority, people are filing and getting their returns in a week, why do we have to face more delays?
  • It's funny that some people are given different time frames.  The rep I talked to told me 2-4 weeks.
  • i swear i think they just say what they want...i really do.
  • i CALLED ON 2/16 AND WAS ASKED ALL THE SAME QUESTIONS AND THEN WAS TOLD 4-6 WEEKS THAN i CALLED ON 2/21 JUST TO MAKE SURE AND THE PERSON I SPOKE TO SAID ABOUT 4 WEEKS AND ITS ALREADY BEEN ONE SO I HAVE 3 MORE WEEKS TO WAIT
  • jus helped me bru im going thru the same thing
  • Taxpayer Advocate Service 1-877-777-4778............... I hear they should be able to help us ............ http://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/
  • I was also given the Tax Payer Advocate number, but what I was told was they will only be able to assist you after you have waited the time limit expressed by the operators on the phone.  Generally 4-6 weeks or if you recieve additional correspondence in regards to return above and beyond CP05 or 4833c Letter.  I received the letter and I am just as frustrated since I was given an orginal processing date of 1/30 and because of the letter my new processing date is 2/19.  Calling IRS CSR they are not allowed to give any additional information other than your information has been received and please be patient, allow the 4-6 weeks to process.
  • Can confirm what you said dianna, called the tax advocates today, they basically said there's nothing they can do until a full 8 weeks has gone by....even though the rep on the number I called for the 4883c letter said 4-6 weeks.... though she did "note on the account" that I'm having a financial hardship and am in need of the refund money to survive.  Whatever that means.
  • I am waiting on the letter over a week . Do i have to wait to get the letter to call ? Or can i call the number and act like i got the letter  ?  And what kind of  questions they ask about this years tax because i didn't prepare them. Thanks
  • Hi what kind of questions did they ask about this years tax ? Because i didn't prepare mines. Im still  waiting on my letter to come. I was wondering can i call the number before i get the letter  or do i  have to wait
  • Hey guys! I am on hold with the IRS right now.  And I thought I would right this out as a guide line for anyone that might receive the 4883c at any point this tax season. I will write another comment letting you all know how the phone call goes. If anyone needs me to do so, just comment "yes" below and I will go ahead. If not I will just post a short write up later. Good Luck people!
  • yes
  • yes
  • Yes
  • Okay so I just got off the phone with them. It's really nothing to worry about. They asked me a few questions to verify my identity and the call took about 6 mins to complete once the agent came on the line. Have your last years return ready and this year's too. It will take 4-6 weeks for your DD to be made but probably less. The wait is looooong though. So be prepared to wait at least an hour depending what time you call. I called and got cut off when I was almost done so I had to call again. I actually took a little nap while I was on hold. I highly recommend doing that if you have the time and loud enough loud speaker on your phone. Good luck people! Let me know if you need any more info.
Btw, on a totally separate note, I get annoyed with these posts that are like "I filed my refund 6 days ago & it still says processing!! I've never had to wait this long before.." Really?? Until last year most people had to wait 2-3 weeks or their taxes after efiling. Ok, I got that out of my system! Pease keep us updated when you are able to order transcripts/are given dd date! Gives everyone hope! Lol
  • Amen..when i see that I'm thinking...shut up...I'm a month into this thing? Why the h are crying about 6 days...lol...there..out of mine too..
  • I know right
  • Most ppl on this thread are past 21 days....I get tired of the ppl that just filed and are complaining too but we are all frustrated and the forums are a place to vent
  • Yes, I wasn't referring to this thread. My girlfriend has a 8443c letter so this thread has been very helpful. I guess it's just with the frustration of having filed a month ago, it's hard to muster up sympathy for someone who hasn't even filed a week ago complaining about where there refund is :). Just posted this comment after reading a few other threads, didn't want to say anything mean to them personally so was using this post to vent lol
  • Oh trust me I understand I filed on 1/18 accepted by irs 1/30 and it's been nothing but bs over and over
  • A FAMILY MEMBER JUST SENT THIS OUT THE BLUE. AND I ALONG WITH US ALL NEED IT. SO PRAY THIS AND COPY N SEND TO ANOTHER:

Father, in the Name of Jesus, bless me even while I'm  reading this
    prayer and bless the one that sent this to me in a special way.  Open
    doors in our lives today, Save and set free!
    Give us a double  portion of your Spirit as we take back everything that
    the devil has  stolen:
    ****Emotional Health
    ****Physical  Health
    ****Finances
    ****Relationships
    ****Children
    ****  Jobs
    ****Homes
    ****Marriages

I cancel every plot, plan and scheme  the enemy has devised against us
    in the NAME OF JESUS.

And I  declare:

NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US WILL PROSPER.

I speak LIFE  into every dead situation. And, I thank You that nothing
    is over until YOU  say it's over! Speak prophetically into our lives and
    to our  situations:
    ****our households are blessed;
    **** our health is  blessed;
    **** our marriages are blessed;
    **** our finances are  blessed;
    **** our relationships are blessed;
    **** our businesses are  blessed;
    **** our jobs are blessed;
    **** our children are blessed;
    ****  our grandchildren are blessed;
    **** our parents are blessed;
    **** our  siblings are blessed;
    **** our ministries are blessed;
    **** our decisions  are blessed;
    **** our friends are blessed.
    **** Mortgages are paid and  debts canceled; our hearts' desires are on
    the way;

According to YOUR  perfect will and plan for our lives.
    YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORSAKE US! IN  JESUS' NAME!

AMEN!
  • Amen
  • @Shontai_williams thanks for the prayer i think we all need one because who knows how long this is going to drag on for, especially if we are all enduring problems or circumstances that could be resolved with the refunds. but i will tell you, this is such a valuable lesson to me personally because i have realized that i really need to save and save $ so i dont  rely on my refund for anything  not even for a vacation. because the days when we could get them promptly and  without enduring all kinds of procedures are over.
  • any new updates? still nothing over here except wmr is stating can't find my info and i only logged on 1 time this morning... i will wait about an hour and check it again. in the meantime my boyfriend filed on the 14th and he got his ddd for march 4th (mon). im jealous :(
  • Update***

Filed 2/4
    Accepted 2/5
    Letter 4883c 2/25
    Called to verify 2/25
    WMR said 'Your return is still being processed, refund date will be provided when available" NO orange bars for 21 DAYS!
    Today:: We have received your return and it is being processed.

I don't know if that is anything good, but thats my update
  • Happy for you all god is good and on time !! I'm still in nightmare valley but this too shall pass
  • Do u have an orange bar now?
  • no orange bar though:(
  • Still nothing says your refund is processing and still can't order transcripts
  • someone on this thread  had mentioned that it sits in a pending status for 3 weeks then goes into processing on the 4th week, hence the reason they tell us 4-6 weeks. She said she had spoken to the irs rep and asked why the 4-6 weeks and actually received a believable response. So maybe at the 3week point we should see something going on. I just dont know....are any of you at the 3 week point?
  • Today is my 14th day since I verified. I have no status change on WMR nor have I recieved any phone calls or correspondence from the IRS. I acutally called up the verification department again yesterday and asked for a time frame (without giving my name). The guy who answered had the thickest Indian accent and said 4-6 weeks is the time frame. I told him that when I verified the agent that handled my call told me 2-4 weeks. The Indian guy said that the other guy misspoke. I think they are clueless. Typical public service workers.
  • @scottjmark What does your WMR say?
  • Soooo frustrating. It seems to me once we are verified we should take some type of priority!!
  • WMR says your return is still being processing. Refund date will be given when available. Have this message since the first or second. I filed on 1/28 and was accepted on 1/30 thru H&R block online.
  • @calebmartinsdad you would figure so but apparently they decided to put us on the back burner
  • @scottjmark: I had that message for ever!!! Like I said, mine just changed today. Does anyone else have 'We have received your tax return and processing' with no orange bars after verifying identity (letter4883c) ??
  • Nope I have all the exact dates as you and mine still says still processing a dd date will be given when available
  • @ROSECRANS002: Have you called the IRS at all after verifying? I was contemplating calling them and making sure everything is ok.
  • I also have that same message today , maybe good news
  • Yes I did yesterday. I got some female rep that seemed absolutely confused and in the end I just asked for a time frame she said 4-6 weeks. I said does it really take that long and she said yes. And she said I am processing now.
  • @craigpallesen: I hope so!!!! Have you called at all?
    @rosecrans2002: Yep, they told me 4-6 weeks when I called on 2/25 :(
  • Did anyone get the cp05 letter before the 4883c  to verify info? just wondering because i got the cp05 letter on 2-18 and never recieved anything else, i filed 1-10 and accepted on 1-28
  • Any updates today anyone?
  • nothing here, i verified on the 22nd. shows same thing on wmr and not able to order transcript.
  • No update.  And I called on the 14th. So today is day 16 since I called and day 32 since I filed. Same processing message.
  • nope:) i verified on 02/21...Same still processing on WMR...cant order transcripts either...i hope we all get some good news this week..keeping my fingers crossed ad praying for all:) im sure you all need your $ as much as i do...
  • Absollutly christisession.............I will be praying to for all of us
  • UPDATE:    verified on the 25th    got my ddd for march 4th!!!
  • @stacyboudreaux omg!! thats great!!!! i am hopeful....
  • Tomorrow is day 18 since I verified on the 4883c. I'm gonna call up and see what's going on. Let everyone know when I find out,
  • Thanks scottjmark this is so frustrating
  • I will be calling bright and early too...lets see what they say today...
  • Update**: I verified on 2/25 DDD 3/6!!!!
  • Kbarnmu that's great! Gives us some hope! It's crazy though because some people verified 2/16 & still don't have a ddd
  • i filed on jan 31 and was excepeted same day , called on feb 25 to cleat the 4883 letter and still nothing, wmr say being processed a date will be given when available and cannot order transcipt
  • is anyone hear from ma
  • Kbarnmu what day did you file?
  • I am from WA
  • I am from Ohio
  • I am in the same boat as you guys I am from Georgia. My WMR says my return is being processed and a refund date will be provided when available, but I was able to order a transcript today. I received my letter on the 25th, called the 25th, and the 26th. I was told 4-6 weeks. I am hoping for something asap.
  • i verified my info on 2-19 and got a ddd for march 6 I called every other day to make sure my  information was in the right department If there isn't anything else they need  it may take less than the 4-6 weeks.  I was told they may need more information after  you have even verified the 4833c letter  GOOD LUCK !!!!!!
  • @calebmartinsdad: I filed taxes on 2/4 accepted 2/5 letter on 2/25 verified 2/25  I was able to order transcripts 3/1 DDD date of 3/6 on 3/2
ok i just got done with this 4883C letter - It is indeed that they are simply making sure of your identity and yes people were pulled at random and all you do is answer the questions and they will forward your return back into the queue for processing. Don't worry anyone - this is not a big deal and actaully should put your mind at ease at least you know for sure they HAVE your return, it IS being processed and that you ARE NOT a victim of fraud or identity theft. 
  • @trishdennison 648 Yes my mind was at ease when i got off the phone as well.
Ok everyone I just got off the phone with this extremely nice woman from the IRS . She said that she don't know what everyone else is telling people but the truth of the matter is that it only take 21 days from the time you clear up your 4883c letter to receive your DD. I told her about the things we've been getting to and she said that stuff is CRAP. She was really nice sounded like she was from the Brooklyn . I just wanted to let everyone know . I know how upset some of you are as was I . I did'nt want to leave any of you hanging, and I wont the minute I hear anything else I will definetly post.
  • God i hope that is sooooo true.
  • She said that shes not sure why everyone else is telling us all that stuff . Its protocal , that they have to have it too the processing dept in 21 days or less.
  • Still no change on where's my refund.  Filed 2/4 accepted 2/4 received and verified letter 2/25 ordered transcripts 3/1.  I am still getting the "your refund is processing a direct deposit date will be given when available" blah blah blah.  This is getting so old.  33 days of the same message!
  • I had a friend who was able to order there return transcript and than a week later recieved a review letter.
  • thanks so much for posting your experience - some of us have nearly lost all hope - including me - i was  praying my refund would get here by the time my kids go on Spring Break or else all our plans will be ruined. Looks good from what you say! Thanks for cheering me up and alot of us in the same boat!  : )
  • Way to crush any hope I may have left. LOL :)
  • sorry to crush any hopes lol
  • Don't listen to that mines took three weeks I did my interview feb 21 and this morning I got my date of march 13 so have faith it's comming
  • So ppl it don't take that long to get a date I seen other on another site that said they had already had their dates too
  • Others
  • Yes it don't take that long
I got the form today (one month and a day after e-filing).  I tried calling the number listed on the letter 3 times during normal business hours and was met with a recorded message: "due to high call volumes, nobody is available to take your call.".  Because there is no way to meet the requirements to get my refund, and because I never signed up to give the government an open-ended interest-free loan, I contacted my taxpayer advocate and requested the assistance of both my US Senators today.  Tomorrow I contact my representative in the US House.  It is exremely obnoxious to impose an impossible requirement for the return of my money!!  Quite possibly unconstitutional.
  • I agree with you...as this is intially there fault for holding up the process of timely tax filing and return processing.  Most of use these moneys at this time of year not only to pay off aquired debt, but to make big ticket purchases, stimulating the economy and funneling moneys back into the account in which the returns were funded.  While it may not seem a big deal, we are talking; travel, retail, autos, medical and real estate.  I do realize that the updates to they system were to weed out more fraud and save money, the costly gliches and overtime we are now funding to process the errors, is probably more than we spend on fruad detection....was the updates worth it.  

This is not a political rant, only my opinion.  I filed on 1/25, accepted on TT 1/28, accepted by IRS 1/30, received 4883c letter on 2/19 and verified the same day, called Tax Advocate on 3/7 I have had not movement on my return except a verbage change which happened on 3/8.  I have spoke to multiple departments and still have no resolve as to where and when my return will be funded.  I will continue to follow the post and update when I receive more information.   

Thanks to all of you who are doing the same
  • The Taxpayer advocate can ignore us.  If there is enough volume through the offices of elected representatives with the same theme, I have to  think at some point the IRS commissioner gets invited to congress for a little unpleasant discussion.  Then maybe there will be some change.  The invitation to call the number followed by the message: "nobody is here to answer your call...", was a nice touch.  Something I'd expect in the old soviet union, but a nice touch!
  • @DIANNAWEBB gosh you are still waiting since the 19th!! that is a long time!! so sorry!  i verified on the 25th and an at my wits end from the extreme outrage of this situation, i know for a fact that my identity is not stolen and NO none has filed a return on my behalf pretending to be me and despite this i comply with the procedures needed to verify myself and still also have no progress, meanwhile other filers and getting the refunds in 2 weeks!
  • Yes aliV1 still waiting here is an update from my Tax Advocate who just called me about an hour ago:

Well I just spoke to my Tax Advocate and well it appears that my return has been processed but there is a hold because there is a balance of back taxes from 2009, I said yeah and I realize that and was expecting the balance to be taking out of the return, so what is the hold up.  She stated that she was not sure but really did not have more time to talk with me about it she was going to be late for her bus...for which I wanted to answer so what...I waited for you to call for 3 days and was told that I needed to answer it as you would only call once.  I just asked why is there still a hold on it...She stated that if I claimed hardship she could only release the amount to cover the hardship and then it would be another 4-6 weeks for the remainer.  She stated that my file was flagged for fraud...I said you are not telling me something I do not know.....I cleared that up with fraud department on 2/19.....it will be 3 weeks tomorrow.  She then told me it would be better to wait it out...and call her if I have not heard or received anything by next Mondy as they system only updates on Mondays and Fridays...I said so the IRS lies when they stated it is updated nightly....NO RESPONSE.

Now I am no further along than I was on 2/19 except that they are gaining more interest on my refund .....beyond the interest on the balance I owe them..penlties...late fees.... and non-payment charges... WOW they are making some money off me.
    LOL

I will Continue to update....
  • How about contacting your senators &/or congresspeople.  I mean, I tried to clear the fraud hold only to come up with a message they weren't answering the phones... So I have to fulfill an impossible task (reaching a phone line that isn't answered) to get my money returned to me.  That sounds like an unconstitutional "taking" and that's the way I presented it when I contacted my senators & congressman asking for assistance.  I mean, I have to think if there's a critical mass of such complaints winding up in congress, maybe they'll call the IRS commissioner on the carpet & something will change.  I also filed it with the national taxpayer advocate on the site as a "systemic problem".  One of the criteria was a violation of constitutional rights.  I mean, if possible, it's time to crack some skulls.  Being asked to call a phone number that is only answered by a message saying nobody would answer is pretty d*mned obnoxious at the very least.
  • Daily update...Tried calling the Fraud line to figure out why the hold was still on the refund...however I have reached the "to busy to answer your call"  ... so I called a regular IRS rep who was super nice, REFRESHING!!!!!.   I was now told that everything has been cleared up and the hold is no longer there and the return has been process, verified that I did have an amount owing from 2009 (that I was aware of and paying on)...so the balance will be deducted from my refund.  Now he did tell me that if I did not have an amount owing that it would have funded this week, however because of the amount owing it will take 1-2 more weeks before funding....is that not amazing...a full 6 weeks from 2/19....LOL.  At least I have answers, something that the IRS could have told me several weeks ago and would have been way more patient and not worrying, getting frustrated and ect.  But with that being said, I do believe that there should be some sort of expedition on those returns in which have been in this process since 1/30.  Two months to process, I could have mailed it..LOL

I will continue to update until I have return in hand.
  • Well, called one more time & this time got put on hold with an estimated wait time of "greater than 30 minutes".  On hold right now.  I guess that's a slight improvement over a recording that nobody could be bothered & call back later.  "Taxpayer 'protection' hotline".  Protecting me right out of my tax refund, I guess...
  • Past the 30 minute mark.  Still hearing that annoying muzak.  Hope they don't hang up on me...
  • This is like something out of the old soviet union before it completely fell apart!
  • 1:10 hold.  Muzak still playing.  God, it's annoying!
  • I called them they sent me to the fraud dept who couldn't or wouldn't tell me anything except wait 8 weeks from date verified
  • Just spoke with them on the phone.  Quite an extensive interview going over pretty extensively my 2011 and 2012 returns ("what number is on line x").  Then they said the hold had been released.  Keep my fingers crossed.  I think I only waited about an hour and a half after the multiple calls yesterday when they weren't answering...
  • i think that they are going about deterring identity theft the wrong way... they are either making a really big mistake or up to no good themselves. how are you going to deter thieves by having one phone line for thousand of people that have to call and get through within a certain amount of time ,stay on hold for hours and i do mean hours how in the hell is that deterring fraud? cause nobody in their right mind tat is stealing going to wait on hold that long or what? get it together irs and put all the people you have been playing games with in the fast lane to make up for the time and stress you have caused us all or at least be jhonest and tell us the truth we would probably understand more likely tat blow smoke up our a**** unless of course you are up to no good which in turn would mean so is our government. you would think pour president would be all over this issue since he is suppose to be concerned about our economy....
Both of you I did call you have to wait on the phone the only number you can call is the number on the letter.  Put 2 hours in before anybody answer my phone call then they verified my iidentity and said to wait 4-6 weeks!!  That blows
  • Same thing here, was told same time frame
  • I don't understand the timeframe's they are telling people. It seems to range between "1 day" (i.e. 11 days in IRS years) to the standard We're-covering-our-assess-4-6 weeks answer. Let's all keep each other appraised of any DD dates or other new info. Willl be interesting to see how it plays out I guess.... interesting, and probably more frustrating than it's been so far.
  • @iammadbro I'm hoping to hear something good soon. I will definitely comment back when I receive a ddd and/or the refund.
  • got the same letter today..... keep me informed how long it takes after i make that call to which the refund takes i hope not 4 wks....
  • same thing here 4 to 6 weeks
  • I got my letter sat been listening to this music for 77:50 killed one of my phones already just waiting patiently
  • I called yesterday got the same answer 4-6 wks , this sux!
  • Just got off the phone with the "good folks" at the IRS. Got the same one two. Please advise when you get DDD or refund
  • I was unable to get anybody on the line at that phone number.  Got a recorded message nobody was avaiable to take my call.  I'm contacting my elected representatives now.  I would suggest you do the same.  Systemic issue and my problem is bigger than yours.
Same here waited 21 days called the irs and got a rep that told me everything was done and ready but they sent me a letter 4883c to verify who I was.  When I told him I didn't receive it he said it can take up to 14 days to get the letter.  He assured me that as soon as I got the letter and verified  I could get my money in as little as 3-5 days.  I got my letter today called and verified my info and they told me 4-6 weeks because it hasn't even been processed yet.  But the other rep said it had.  I don't understand.  I think it's just a way to hold onto our money longer because they are broke!  If we owed them money they wouldn't wait 4-6 weeks before harassing us.
  • I called on the 14th. It has been 12 days since I called and no update/refund yet.
  • @Scott u might receive yours soon
  • @franky2660 : How long have you been waiting?
  • Ok guys:) I just called the IRS at the main #...said i needed to speak to someone because i was told my return was under review...18 min hold (which is good for them)...nice guy came on the phone...looked up my info...and told me that it was verified for processing on 01/21..and that it doesnt look like it should be postponed much longer...and i kinda got the feeling he seen something and just wasnt giving up the info lol...so i asked him "well do you see a deposit date or any indication of when it will be done processing?" and he very vaguely told me "that i should expect my refund no later than March 8th..and that i dont need to do anything else...and to keep checking WMR...so im thinking i had a date of the 8th and he just didnt come out and tell me that...but idk could just be my wishful thinking..i hope so...
  • @kbarnmu I have been waiting since the 19 that's when the irTtook the fraud alert off and start actually processing my return but I called the irs today and they told me I should have my refund by the 6
  • That is basically the same thing they told me today...except my fraud was removed on 21st...he saidby the 8th
  • What is this orange bar everyone talking about I'm using the android appon wmr
  • Okay did my review mon now wmr says they can't find no info does that mean they started over again
  • i did mines on 2/16 and they told me 4-5 weeks...i'm hoping it's sooner and i receive my money before the middle of march!
  • It seems like almost everyone that went through TT is going through this because I know several people who got their refund, I received letter 4464c and was told up to 60 days if I get a return
  • True
  • Got my DD for 3/13  bank was nice enough to deposit it today!
Hello everyone, hope everyone is fine today. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from stacyboudreaux whoever they were was supposed to get refund yesterday.  As for me going on 18 days now and absolutly no change. I truly hope if someone gets theirs after a 4883c letter that they let the rest of us know something. Im calling in just a little while will keep everyone posted. 
  • nothing today : ( still waiting
  • Verified on the 21 of feb and still waiting smh;(
  • I'm going to assume Stacybordeaux obviously got her refund, i think as much as she was posting she would of posted if she hadn't received it? I think if we get a ddd we should post afterwards to give hope to the rest of us that are still waiting..
    My letter is dated the 19th received it on the 21st verified that day and no change yet ..
  • So filed 1/18 accepted by irs 1/31 verified 2/25 just off phone with very rude older lady at irs that says they have mine but will get around to processing it when they get to it and that they are sick of us blaming them just cause I asked if it only takes up to 21 days to process why do we have to wait twice as long she said maybe if ppl like us would stop getting eic's cause that is government money not ours then maybe it wouldn't take so long...my bad sorry lady I'm a single mom who doesn't make millions of dollars every year I'll work harder on that
  • Also if it goes by their 45 day rule that she said to me then most of us wont see our returns until mid april
  • Wow too bad you didn't record that conversation! Wtf?
  • Ok understand that these call centers are fielding tons of calls, and basically are answering the same questions....it must be very rough...however....we did not create the glitches, bugs, and backlog....all we want is straight answers even if that means we have to wait but we would understand.

I filed on the 1/27, TT accepted on 1/28, IRS accepted on 1/30.  Received the 4883c letter on 2/19 (which was the orginal "should be processed" date) called on 2/19 to clearify information...and have heard nothing since.  I was told a referal was submitted to expediate processing as this was a computer glitch and my return was wrongly flagged.  Called again on 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23  with different answers but the same old 4-6 weeks for processing.  Called again on 2/26 and was told they could tell me nothing except 4-6 week and to stop calling I must wait till week 6 if I have not heard anything.   

I am like what.....I have until this point....waited my six week!!!! I just wish that I could get a straight answer.

• And another day of no change...and i called in a formal complaint against the rep...which my luck they will hold my return longer but no reason to talk to ppl like that
  • You go girl.....I finally had to contact the Tax Advocate Service.  I was able to find out that my return has been in the error department since 2/16....OK they have had 3 weeks to resolve this issue and have not.  So I guess it is up to people like you and myself to let them know that service is unexceptable, I am you indirect employer (the taxpayer who fund your wages), refuse to be treated like a second class citizen or have to grovel for the money I worked for all year long.  (VENTING SORRY)

Good luck to all of you.  and I will keep you posted on the out come.
  • Still waiting no Change
  • Went to IRS.gov to get to WMR, and a window popped up asking me to do a survey rating the IRS website.  LMAO! Hell yeah I'll rate your crappy ass website!
  • Now my WMR say We have received your tax return and it is being processed

Has anyone recieved this message and why does it say that? Why did it change to this message? Does it mean they r doing something?
  • My WMR has changed to received as well, and I was finally able to order return transcripts today, monday will be day 21 since I verified, so maybe something really is happening, or maybe they just decided to make a couple changes just so we'll think something is happening and we'll leave them alone for a few days.  Hell, I don't know.  But here's to hoping.  Hope everyone gets a DDD this weekend.  Best of luck to you.
  • No changes here! Ugh
  • Finally able to order transcripts today
  • Yay was finally able to order transcripts this morning!!! Wasn't able to do this at first! Filed  1/21 says it was accepted on 1/26 waited and waited got a letter 2/16 and called an verified on 2/16 after being on hold for almost 2 freaking hours!! WMR had been saying "we have received your tax return and a refund date will be provided when available" to now saying" we have received your return and it is being processed"!!! Here's to hoping all this is good news finally!!!
  • No changes
  • Mine still says processing.  He'll I started this thread 18 days ago and had already verified a few days before that.  I'm glad all you guys have seen some kind of change though.....maybe next week
  • i was able to order a return transcript today
  • I was able to finally order my return transcript too!'
  • Okay I verified with the 4883 c code identity on feb 21 and this morning I have a date of march 13 I'm not gonna say be patient because I don't have any I'm just gonna say its coming we all have to wait our time frame good luck everyone.
  • Finally got a date foe 3/13 vwrified on 2/16
  • Accepted on 1/28/13, received letter on 2/19/13, verified info that day, received date this morning for 3/13/13.
  • Verified on the 19th and got 3/13 dd as well!!!! Hang in there everyone
  • Verified 3/5 DDD 3/13.. Seems to be the 13th for many of us.
Update: Called IRS today after resisting the urge  since 2/26 when I verified. Talked to a lady who seemed nice enough but I also got the impression she relished being the "bearer of bad news" lol. I mainly called to see if hold had indeed been left off and was there anything else needed from me. She stated that they had 6-8 weeks from the 28th (I verified the 26th?) and I replied I was told 4-6 weeks possibly less. She said I apologise that they told you wrong??? Wtf?? Then I replied that on forums where other people have also recieved a 4883c letter, many are getting ddd dates already, including some that verified 10+ days after me. She said well each case is different. We have till end of April & I'm not showing a ddd date for you yet....so needless to say I am not feeling super optimistic this year. Yes, most of my refund is child tax credit and eic, but I work all year to take care of my kids, barely scraping by....tax time is when I am able to catch up bills, actually take my kids shopping to get new clothes they need, replace my raggedy shoes, and do repairs to my car I've been putting off because I can't afford them. Thanks for nothing irs!
  • 6  to 8 weeks..it keels geting longer. This is crazy.
  • From what I have learned is that contacting a Tax Advocate assists in making sure that all holds and other BS has been taken care of.  While they can not give you DDD, they can tell you if there are open accounts or where in the return process you are.  Once the return is cleared it will take up to 21 days from the day it clears to fund to the account. This was the information I learned in contacting the Tax Advocate.  Just make sure when they ask why you need to speak to them it is because you are in a hardship situation (car repossion, utility shut off, home forclosure...) and you can provide proof.  If you do not insist they will not assign you an advocate.

Good Luck all
  • Hi CALEBMARTINS DAD :
    Dude I totally get where you are - I am a widow raising two kids and it is so hard - man... I have tried to explain to my kids too, they have to be patient and wait for the new shoes to replace the ones that are too tight, and all worn out, to hang in there until we can "WOO HOO"  - - - -go to Kmart and buy new underwear and socks - and replace shirts and pants with ones that now have  sewn holes etc...This Tax Year SUCKS and YEAH I am gonna GO THERE ...... MY LIFE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER WHEN THERE IS A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT! I know people are gonna hate on me now...but I don't care - it is just the truth......
  • I am just sick of this. There are people who probably really are committing fraud who's refunds have been approved. I didn't have $ for Christmas so I promised my kids Christmas would be in February this year, told them we would put the tree up and everything. Thanks irs for making me look like a big fat liar to my kids. Never had to wait this long. I'm happy other people are getting theirs but damn, I have a 2 year old who is growing like a weed and a 11 year old who has been begging for a game system. They are good kids and I want to be able to do for them, but my pay checks basically just keep a roof over our head and keep gas in my car...my return is 4k, I've seen people on here getting 12k refunds...why is mine being held up? Ok, I'm done ranting....best of luck to you too td648...I think they are discriminating against men filing eic
  • Yeah my kids are upset to every week that goes by they get more and more that way...my oldest understands but my younger ones do not and like you my paycheck barely covers regular living expenses
UPDATE:       i called and verified on the 25th..... on thurs my wmr status changed to (your return is being processed)...... and today (fri) ....I WAS ABLE TO ORDER TRANSCRIPTS... hopefully they are moving along alot quicker then they stated......
  • UPDATE: still no change on wmr but was able to order a return transcript today!
  • thats great!!! i still cant order any transcripts called on 22nd but now i am really hopeful seeing progress with you guys!!
  • @stacybourdeaux:: My situation is exactly the same as yours!!! Hopefully we will get a DDD sooon!!!
  • I also called on the 25th and was able to order my transcripts today hopefully DD real soon fingers crossed.does anyone know how long first time tax payer
  • I verified the 25th and still nothing ugh
  • thats crazy. i verified on the 20th and i still cant order mine :( and still says being processed.
  • @tawanacamara, so u called in about  the 4883c letter on  feb. 25th and verified everything and now ur able to order ur return transcript right? well hopefully since i did all that on the 20th, i will be able to soon also. i was told there was a 3 week pending on everyones that called in and verified and that nothing would change until that 3 weeks was up bcuz thats just how the computer was programmed, but hopefully the lady was wrong. has anyone else heard about the "pending" thing after uve been verified? thanks
  • @jessicahamlin i have not heard about that pending thing, but it does make sense that they keep it like that to see if anyone else files with the same SS number i guess, although i do wonder if there is more reviewing going on after the release of our returns and thats why only some of us are already able to get transcripts after a few days of the verification call. i still cannot order transcripts and i called and was verified on the  22nd.
  • @aliV1, Thanks. I actually called today again and the lady checked everything over and said that they have 30 days to process it out after verifying that u are the person actually filing but she said she didnt know anything about the pending thing either so i guess that other lady was just making conversation lol. she said that even tho they have 30 days to process it, that sometimes it doesnt take that long and its what they have to tell people, just like the 21 day period u have when u first file. she said that within the 30 days or by the 30 day they will either send me a letter or it will show on the refund part of the website whats up with our taxes, like if weve been approved and it will have the DD. i hate waiting lol exsp. when u need it. they have had my taxxes since the 18th of january but i know they could start doing anything till the 30th and here we are waiting stiiiilll. one day it shall come to pass :)
  • @stacy, please let us know if actually receive the money so that we can have hope that well get ours :) also, was your message before it changed sayin "your refund is still being processed"? cu thats what mine has been saying forever lol thanks
  • Yes it will come to pass but, I have a feeling that this won't be the only problem that we will be having with the government this year. I want to thank everyone on this thread for their input. It has made this a little easier ti bare.
Well guys I just talk to the ppl and everything is fine now just ask me question about 2011 and 2012 taxes who I carried etc etc but she told me to allow 4 to 6 weeks for my return wow approved on the 4th and have to wait even longer
  • I ask them for a hardship refund did u ???/ this supposed to speed the process
  • Ok tanker to the tax advocates i was told i should receive my refund no later then the 18 and that the system update every thursday and that i could receive my refund quicker then that
  • Lol i meant to say talked sorry new phone
  • You had a review notice frank2660
  • Did you have a 4664c notice ?
  • Okay I'm content a lil bit and state going to start tomorrow issuing money if in the first batch dd give 72 hrsbut is it true for federal I have to wait 4-6 wks
  • No i had no review just the letter with the 4883c the irs rep told ne once they take the fraud off your return your fine u basically be processed for your return now and that the two to four weeks is the standard timeframe they give u but u usually get it before then
  • I did receive a 4464c.  Then a couple weeks later received the 4883c.  Once I cleared up the 4883c, the rep told me everything else looks good.  So I figure the 4464c was just the generic "hey something is up with your return" before they sent the specific reason, i.e. 4883c.
  • @jacobkmoore have u received your refund yet
  • I received the 4464c form for review of credits and wages ? Is that what you received before you got the 4883c letter?
  • I received the 4883c also, and that was the only letter I got, 21 days of "Your return is still processing, a refund date will be provided when available" with no bars and on the 21st day I get the letter. On the phone right now to hopefully clear up this up.
    Do they have to still process my return or is verifying the last step?
  • @franky2660 No I havent received a ddd or refund yet.  @Shontai_williams  Mine said it could be for Income you reported on you return, Income tax withholding amounts you reported on your return, Claims for tax credits you made on your return or Business income you reported on your return.
  • Okay..im in similar situation...was accepted 01/25..just got letter last week..called and verified Thursday...was given the 4 - 6 wks....this may be a dumb question..but what exactly is a tax advvocate and can they help me get my money faster...thanks:)
  • i did not receive the 4664c letter just the 4883 and no EIC or anything weird or unusual about my return. Think I got flagged because I submitted early and maybd change of address.
  • I know it takes forever to verify because they don't start comparing till June of every year I just let the tax local office this is a nightmare everyone experiencing
THIS IS A WEBSITE FROM IRS YOU CAN GO ON AND DO IT YOURSELF idverify.irs.gov
  • I think that only works if the letter you receive gives you that option
  • cannot find that link, but it would have been nice to do it this way and not have to hold on the phone forever.. ar you sure that is possible?
  • no someone gave it to me asking the same questions and it works it ask all the same questions...
  • go check it out
  • I'm debating getting a tax advocateI've gotten 3 different time lines and a supposed small error it's annoying the hell out of me
  • i called and was not really able to obtain the service unless i have a real hardship, but it might be a good idea after the 4-6 week mark if they do not comply and process the return. this is just such a ordeal. my neighbor also received a letter too!! i am just amazed at the amount of people they are doing this to. also i wonder if this will now be a yearly task because we have been flagged perhaps?? i dont believe what they say about  anything now.
  • I called one yesterday..waiting for two to three day callback wait..but that's better than 4-6 weeks...lol...I'm open to trying anything at this point...if i thought that dancing naked...in the child rain..wearing aluminum foil would do the trick..I'd be there now...
  • I don't want to get into anyone's personal buisness but I am wondering if it has something to do with the amount of our returns. The people I know who have gotten their money and were not flagged were either people who owed money or people who had a return around 3000 or less. Mine is 5900. Are you all up there with me or are you around the 3000 and under mark? You don't have to answer if your not comfortable with the question.
  • 4500
  • mine is 6974, but i know 2 people that have received the refunds and both were over 9000 so i dont think that is the common factor here. and i have really looked at all my returns over the past 5 years to see if there was a red flag or just something i did different and there are no changes at all not even address or status or employment nothing the only changing factor was my income and that changed by a very small amount of 2000 dollars...so who knows?
  • i even thought that perhaps this isnt as random as they say, and that there is an algorithm to this, such as zip codes??? not the obvious things like changes in filing status and the such, in other words they are using this system to verify by zip codes or zones where they feel the ID theft is potentially higher?? i dont know but i will say this it isnt random..they just will not divulge how we are chosen
  • It was just a theory.  lol :)
  • lol lol i know huh...i sound kinda out there too.
  • My refund is only 2400. And there is nothing different for the past four years.
  • mine is 5504...feel like i should get interest on it lol...like they do when we owe them $$$
  • My refund is 1000 for college tuition credit. How can that be a fraud? Did change address though.
UPDATE: Just spoke to an advocate.  She fixed all the errors that they told me about a first time home owners credit that I never filed.  Cleared up all questions on my account for verification and said I am now back in the pipeline to be processed.  She told me once we are back in the pipeline to be processed we should receive our money in 2 weeks.
  • Your comment was 14 days ago. Any luck yet?
hi everyone so just got off the phone with my tax advocate and it is indeed true that they are holding our refunds for three weeks and after the threee weeks are up they are sent back into processing smh really fed up at this point
  • so i guess those few lucky ones that get a DDD before that are the rare exception. At least now we can assume thats probably closer to the truth about all of us and this situation with the 4883c letter. thanks for that update.
  • filed 2/4 received letter 4883c 2/25 verified same day.  Ordered transcripts 3/1 still nothing on wheres my refund.
  • Thank for the update. Filed and accepted on 1/31,verifyd my 4883 on 2/25. Talk to advocate today said they will call me within 3 days.  I will let you all know if I hear anything different
  • why do they lie to us like that.  they won't talk to you until your original 21 days are up.  then you call after the letter, jump through their hoops and they say "i'm going to release your return for processing now"  then they put a hold on it for 3 more weeks before it will even start processing again? why don't they just say that up front instead of having us all worry that there is something else holding it up.  if my company's customer service was ran like this, i'd be looking for a new job right now.
  • Exactly! My girlfriend works at a call center and if she talked to people like that she would be fired!
  • another day, same ol same ol.
  • No Change
  • update about ddd did receive refund today !!!!   just letting everyone know that it may not take the entire 4-6 weeks  verified my info on 2 19 for 4883c letter and I got a ddd date on WMR march 3 that my refund would be deposit on march 6.  Thank God>.>   Best of luck to everyone.
  • OK GREAT! i am still waiting but at least we see some changes. it appears that that 3 week pending process must be true because you verified around 3 weeks ago so hopefully we all should see something happening around our 3 week mark.
  • Great to Hear! Lets all cross our fingers and hope for the same result!
  • You know what I don't understand is why it took so long to get the stupid letters in the first place.  I mean almost everyone on here got their letter right around the 21 day mark.  Most of us a day or two after the 21 days. You know they decided to hold it as soon as we all started getting that stupid processing message on wheres my refund  so why did they wait until the 21 days was almost up to send the letters?  There can only be one reason.  STALL TACTIC!  Just like this 4-6 week thing!
  • Update: I filed on 1/28 and was accepted on 1/30. I called and verified info on 4883c on 2/14. So that is 20 days since i verified and 35 days since I filed with no change in WMR. Still processing.
  • Still nothing here either  accepted 1/31 verified  the 4883 on 2/25 and spoke with advocate today, he said I could try to fax my return I'd and w2 to see if he could speed it up. He didn't sound to promising :(
  • About ready to go Pickett in front of the irs in Boston.
  • I have gotten to the point where i get angry about it.  Given that there is no real reason to delay things so long once they are done verifying, meanwhle others get refunds in 2 weeks time!! thats when i get mad soooooooooo mad!! it wouldnt feel so bad if this was standard practice and equally applied to all filers but to single people out then delay things so long in an age were we know it can be processed sooner is just wrong.  If it wasn't for all of you that are on here posting the same dilemma I would be feeling much worse.
  • I filed on 1/18/13, was accepted on 1/28/13 and got the letter 4883c in the mail on 2/25/12 and called the same day. Apparently they had me flagged for AMT, but I don't even make half of what you need to earn to pay AMT. The lady I spoke with was very nice and she said she fixed it, and wasn't sure why it happened, but also wouldn't specify if it was TT or the IRS's error. I've been checking WMR daily and its still telling me that it's processing.  After hearing you guys' experiences, I started getting a bit more concerned. I called them back today 3/6/13 in an attempt to make sure my return is in the right place now but the gentleman I talked to wouldn't even look me up. He quoted me 4-6 weeks and said I had to wait 2 weeks for it to post to WMR, so to wait 2 weeks before checking. This is very frustrating. If it was sent for processing, it should only take 1-2 weeks for the refund to deposit. At least thats how it was for me the past few years I've been filing and how it was this year for friends and family. And I'm in TX, btw so I doubt this issue is region specific.
  • good morning everyone! so i'm sitting here with no change, verified the 4883 letter 18 days ago.  so last night my patience gets the best of me and I called the IRS to see what's going on.  And of course the rep gave me the standard 21 days to process, yada, yada, yada.  I played dumb just to get him to look it up, because if you tell them it hasn't been 4 weeks since you verified, they won't bother to look it up.  And apparently i'm STILL in processing. What a waist of time.  I've decided to change my w-4 deductions, not pay a penny to the IRS during the year anymore, put the extra money from my paychecks in CD's, IRA or something, and then next year they can wait on ME to send them their money.
  • Update- Received letter 4883c Feb 21 verified that day my status had remained the same just saying we have received your return and it is being processed...Today it says We have RECEIVED your tax refund and it is being processed.. Your REFUND is being processed. Just happy it says something new!!
  • This Saturday it will be 4 weeks since we verified our letter. WMR still says the same old thing we have received it and it processing...... I really don't understand . We got our letter on 2/16 took care of it that day, called again on 2/22 just to make sure everything was ok and it was. Stilll nothing !
  • no changes here either verified on the 22nd, so frustrating. But i will probably do the same from now on like cwolsen76 and change my w-4 deductions so at the end i will be the one to pay the IRS and also just max out my grace period to pay them, i no longer trust them..sounds naive but in all the years of filing and i am 50, i have never had a problem with my return, and i know that things happen but my problem is i expected to have the truth given about my status not a lie after lie. this proves what some of the anti government anti IRS types have always said..you cannot trust the government for anything.
  • I think we should all do the same , so how the irs likes it when we all pay late. I verified on the 25 of feb and still just a waiting game. I did my friends taxes for him on the 28 and he recieved his money today with hoh and 3 dependents   Happy he got  it with no problem but wish I would get at least Ddd soon
  • Has anyone recieved this message and why does it say that? Why did it change to this message? Does it mean they r doing something?
  • @allensasha looks like perhaps you are now really being processed!! hopefully this is a good sign let us know if it goes to a deposit date!! :)
  • I will ................I hope we all see some progress....It has been a long wait
  • @allensasha I verified 2 days after you. So i hope I'm right behind you with a transcript and ddd next week.
  • Still no change and not able to order transcripts tommorrow is another day...though seeing ppl get to order theirs gives me some hope
  • my status changed yesterday to We have received your tax return and it is being processed but im only able to order account transcript but not the return :( wonder why i cant get the return. it is my first year filing single. anyone know? thanks
  • They aren't done yet, you will be able to order return transcripts once they r done
after a month of waiting was finally able to order a return transcript goodluck everyone our money is on its way
I verified 2/21 and no change.
Called the IRS today and was told everything looks fine, no holds, its just in line/queued and that it should be in by next week.
I'm hoping for a surprise deposit this Friday, but that's probably not gonna happen.
I'll update if I get a DDD.
Good luck to you guys.

• Verified 2/25. And still nothing. Debating if I should call, it's just so depressing ;(
  • it is very stressful. I have reached a point where i have just told myself that i will not be getting my refund period. I am sort of in a state of mourning the loss of this little chunk of money that i expected, this is really helping me to get on with my life because I had already made plans to use it this last month and when that didn't happen and deadlines passed I realized that i was getting so obsessed over something i have no control over so it has helped me to cope. Also I have realized that i cannot count on the government for anything not even my own money back!!
  • Jadebull46 has your status on where's your refund changed at all or is still the same old "your refund is being processed and refund date will be given when available?
  • @rosencrans2002:
    On WMR it STILL says: Your tax return is still being processed.
    A refund date will be provided when available.
  • ok thanks
  • Same here I did that same thing tell your self it's not coming you will be extra happy when if it does 2/19 still wating
  • yes please keep us posted then we are better able to kind of gather a general time frame when we might also see a DDD etc... thanks!
2 weeks since verifying & no changes whatsoever ....really feeling some kind of way about IRS right now
  • Verified 2/25 and still no change either. I called yesterday just to be told its still processing. Boy that was a whole lot of help
  • in 2.5  weeks my return will have been processing for a total of 2 months that is just disgusting considering that the hold up up to the last time i spoke with the IRS was simply verifying who i am....just disgusting.
  • Another morning another generic message on wmr and no transcripts
  • @tinkerevil i know you probably already posted this but when did you verify?? i have seen your posts on here since i came on board so i know you must be waiting since much longer than I. this is so wrong...
  • I spoke with the IRS again this morning. I was told I verified on the 25th. But that my account was not taken out of hold status until he 9th that is when it was unflagged from fraud. He said 21 days from then which is around the 30th. He said I should have my refund at least a refund date. Hope this helps. :)
  • calebmartinsdad - been kind of following your posts....i am on the same time frame as you verifying on 02/25/13 but maybe my posts will give you some hope ===== see td648 posts on this thread...hang in there!!!!
  • I filed 1/18 accepted for processing on 1/31 received letter 2/23 verified from letter on 2/25 but they verified me and sent message to the verify dept on 2/21
  • What number did u call
  • I think u should call again and make sure they take it off hold. The rep I spoke with told me that mine is good to process and that the # I called will be useless to me since I'm off hold. Called 3/5 my wmr stated "your refund is being process and refund date will be given when available." until 3/6 it change to "your refund is processing" which is a good sign for me cuz I know that my acct was being touch for the wmr to change.
    3/9 got my DDD for 3/13

Took a little over a week after I verified with them to get my refund. It's suppose to be here tomorrow, hopefully I get it.
  • I called last week and there are no holds but the rep was extremely rude to the point I put a formal complaint in on her I will try calling again today I wish I had write down the # for the holds dept I know the extension is 362
  • I called 1-800-830-5084 it took me to a rep and she took it off hold. Hope this will help
  • So that number had a too high call volume so called regular number they have me a number straight to the identity theft dept on hold now they are looking into why it's taking so long will update when off the phone
  • So that was a huge waste of time they could only tell me that is in processing allow 8 weeks so late April this is all such BS
  • @tinkerevil now its 8 weeks!! so basically it was 4-6 weeks from the verification and now its 8 weeks? i tried calling in today to see why its still taking so long and i held for 30 minutes or so, then got a rep and he transferred me to another dept and they dropped the call, i gave up because i have to work while i am on hold with them.......so i am still in limbo too.
  • Im not gonna call any more. I figure I should have mine by apirl. It's crazy since it was accepted on 30th of January. I keep geting my hopes up and let down...the only thing I wish is we could all have a date that we would have it by.
  • @td648. Thanks. Been a long road for all of this year...will just be so glad when it's over!
Me: Filed 1/15/13 (never again) Accepted 1/30/13 Received the dreaded 4883C 2/20/13, called and sat onhold to verifyfor 82 minutes the same day. Was told “I am whoI say I am” (no shit Sherlock) and was put backinto processing. He told me it would take another 21 days, I should get myrefund by then. *sidenote* the agent I spoke withwas very nice.

Waited impatiently for my refund, nothing. I hit my second 21 daymarkyesterday. Caved and called the 800-829-0582 ext 362 number today, call was picked up within 5 minutes. Spoke to a polite yet indifferent lady that verifiedmybasic info, then put me on old for 10 minutes to “lookover my account”. When she came back on, she said she saw the note from when I called andwas put back into process. I askedif there were anyother errors on my return, she said“no, it’s just still processing”. She told me I should expect myrefund within 2-4 weeks from 2/20/13, the day I verified.

That gives me one more weekto see results. I’m not going to hold my breath. At least I know I’m not sitting in errors anymore. I’m just “processing”. SMH, IDGAF anymore.
  • Im gonna try calling that number today see what run around they give me...i to the point im gonna make them work for their paycheckand annoy the hell out of them what are they gonna do make me wait 6 to 8 weeks hahaha
  • Loved your Comment "IDGAF " I feel like that sometimes too - This whole situation is just so disheartening and frustrating....We gotta hang on though and keep each other posted!!
  • I wish they would get new hold music I swear I have nightmares about this same song over and over...anyways I'm on hold for the holds dept will update after call
  • Lol I can hear it in my head now
  • So actually talked to a nice person though she wanted to have me call the verification office which i told her about how they acted the other day...so she dug into my account all she could tell me is that my account was updated and to count the last week in feb as my first week that it would take four weeks and that im in my se,ond so it should be before the end of march...i personally doubt it just saying
I called yesterday. I listened to the annoying music for 2 and a half hours, then finally got a rep. that (lucky for him) was very nice. He asked me some very generic questions, joked around with me a bit put me on hold twice. The second time he said he was putting me on hold he said that he was "going to put in a request" then when he came back he said I should get the my return in 2-4 weeks. Then he asked me (in a very shady manner) if I had any questions for him. I responded by asking why this happened and what was going on. He said it is completely random. I don't believe that, but whatever. Then I asked how I would know when my money would be deposited since I chose direct deposit. He assured me that nothing would be different that the same exact refund would be delivered to me which ever way I chose for it to be refunded to me when I did my taxes. honestly I was so sick of being on the phone by this point that I let it be at that.
  • You could have quite a nightmare in 2 1/2 hours... Or you could call the IRS taxpayer "protection" hotline.
Sign my petition for the release of our money and background checks on all IRS employees.  Follow the link https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/release-our-funds-and-make-available-background-checks-all-internal-revenue-service-employees/VYX2q6YW and sign, we need 100,000 signatures.  Copy and past this link on any tax blog you see regarding the holding of our funds.
It is really frustrating what is going on, but for those of us expecting the Educational Credits back, this is money that they are giving away to you. You have not necessarily EARNED it, and it isn't an obligation of theirs to you. Before you found out that you were getting Educational Credit, you quite possibly weren't expecting very much from the Federal Government. It's so funny how something goes from being a favor/grant to being "owed", and your constitutional right. Please! Appreciate that you get anything in the first place, and stop complaining. I agree, it's very tedious, and frustrating, so I can understand the short tempers about that. But when it comes to this constitutional rights stuff, give me a break.
In other advices, I woke up at 5am, my time; 7am, theirs, which is when they open, and I called them as soon as the second hand hit twelve. I was told that the wait would be over 30 mins, it ended up being only seven. Questions to anticipate: What is your name? What is your social security number? What is the name of your school? Home address? Mother's maiden name? The terms of your school loan? Who finances your school loan? Stuff like that. I don't know if it is the same set of questions for everyone. But, anticipate that.
    Man Im on the phone with them now, they trying to verify my Identity and asking questions off of my Tax Return..i guess to make sure Iam who I say i am..
    • I am on hold with this department right now, I hope I can provide whatever info they are requesting. What did you need?
    • It's stupid. They were nice enough. Just asked me what my last years address was (as in 2011 return info), who my employer was, and what my wages and AGI were for last year. Then said everything was fine that i'd been "randomly" flagged and to expect my return in 4-6 weeks since it could be "normally" processed now. FML. Well, at least nothing bad and wasn't an audit, just bureaucratic  bullshit. I guess that the moral of the story is don't file early, don't believe TurboTax cuz they are [edited for profanity], WMR tool is worthless and if you changed your address or had a change in filing status or basically if your return is not almost identical
    • Has anyone received their refund or a ddd?
    • I received a letter it stated we need more information to process return accurately in the corner of the letter I see ltr 4883c What does this mean
    • @ gina 5246 i received the same letter today as well. it means we have to call and they ned to make sure we are who we say we are. apparently the system flagged us for identity theft. i read on here they are going to just ask us qustions about last years return to verify its us. they r closed today so i will be calling monday morning. anything to spped up the process....
    • i just recived that letter today after filing on 1/31 no extra credits and no changes on my taxes in 4 years!!
    • sorry to inform you guys but I have been doing alot of reading and no one who has been through this process has received their refund. I was told to wait 2 weeks but I have been doing some reading and people are 10 days in with no response. Fingers crossed and good luck.to everyone
    • Have anybody who got a letter received their refund
    • here's  some info which i have found about the irs letter 4883c

http://www.dctaxesonline.com/taxtips.html

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130221150937AA70XeW
    • From one of those links:  "The IRS has been charged by Congress to prevent fraud. In light of this endeavour certain EIC refunds could be suspended up to 75 days pending review by the compliance department. An affected taxpayer will receive IRS Letter 4883C by mail and must respond by telephone. The response must be completed by the taxpayer not the tax preparer. This is for proof of identity. If the taxpayer does not respond, the return will not be processed. Since most fraud occurs early in the tax season expect delays for up to 30% of your EITC clients. "  

That makes sense because I did claim EIC this year for the first time.  I'm hoping 75 days is a long stretch and it doesn't take that long.  I will stay active here and let everyone know when I receive my refund.  It's hard to be patient but let's just keep each other updated with new info and get through this together!
    • yes i agree, i also received my 4883c letter today, my biggest concern is that they really do follow up and proceed to process the return because i can only imagine myself now having to call endlessly till they comply with their end of the ordeal and release my return!! i just get a bad feeling about this.....like it is going to take forever to get it back.
    • hi everyone my daughter recieved this letter today due to a mix up with her ssn. so i've been researching trying to find all the info i can before she calls the irs on monday. everything i can find indicates more than likely it is because of the identity theft concerns. from what i've read your lenght of time wait for refund release will depend on how well you answer the questions asked when you call, i've read where it can take  2 weeks to 75 days  or more. will keep every posted when she talks to irs rep
    • When anybody talk to the irs tomorrow ....please post to let us know,,,,thanks.  Do anybody know if different states handle this situation different because I read the same thing that jacobkmoore post on a different state not the irs web site Thank
    • I also received this letter if anyone gets a ddd please share really getting worried
    • nobody has received dates yet franky2660 or they are out spending their funds. Idk maybe they process all the 4883cs that called on the same day.
    • i wish that were true but knowing the irs nothing is going to be easy this tax season it appears they are really delaying our refunds and i cannot imagine getting my money anytime soon ..i received my letter yesterday and will call tomorrow but i have no expectations at this point of any kind of prompt resolution.
    • Still no ddd here yet. Really hoping to get some good news in the next business week. Since it seems I was one of the first to receive and respond to the letter, possibly I may be of the first to hear something.  But as I've learned there really is no rhyme or reason to some of the things the IRS does.  Will post back when something good happens.
    • I just emailed her. god i hope you arent just trolling :x
    • Jacobkmoore has IRS contacted you by phone asking for more info? I've seen 2 people post they have been contacted by IRS again, but I wasn't asked for a contact #, and I've seen people who stated they were told that verification is complete and there refund will be released...
    • No they haven't.  Agent I verified with told me everything looked good on my end.
    • How long ago did you verify your info?
    • The 19th
    • Really shooting for the end of next week. But ill suffer through one more if I gotta.
    • What does your WMR status say? Normal Your return is being processed? Can you order transcript yet?
    • Still being processed, and no on the transcript.
    • Update** I was able to order transccripts today, I verified on 2/26. Status says We have received your return and we are processing
    • Which transcript did you order? Because if you can order an account transcript, it means nothing.
    • I was able to order return transcripts on Friday, Saturday I got my DDD of 3/6!!! I only waited 1 week and 3 days!
    • Did you receive your refund @Kbarnmu?
    • It should be in there tomorrow.
    • @kbarnmu did u get ur refund? N how many dependents did u have?

• @allensasha I saw some people's changed to that and then they got a dd...woke up to mine changed to that this morning....sooo hoping that means we are next !!
    • mines changed to that as well!!
    • What day did all of you verify?
    • I verified 2/25 and still nothing. ;(
    • i verified on 2/16 and then when i called she said that it didnt go through until 2/25
    • I verified the 19th
    • I too verified on the 19th and well I see the wording has changed on WMR....just keeping my fingers crossed that is a good thing and not another stall tactic.  Optimistic as I really could use my refund. As I know many others could too. GOOD KARMA VIBES TO THE UNIVERSE!!!
    • I was able to order my return transcript this morning!!
    • I verified the 19th too. Was told 4 to 6 weeks from the day my return was pulled.  It was the eigth of febuary. Yesturday was the 4 weeks and still nothing. So got two more weeks. Hope it comes before that.
    • I did e-file on 2/15/13. It was accepted on 2/16/13. It started to process went from accepted to approved then started saying processing date will be provided when available.  After seeing this for about 8 days I called. Was told that a letter was sent out and my return would not be processed until I called the number on the letter. He gave me the number he was not sure if the letter was mailed to my old address or new address. I called the number the man verified me asked me some questions about info from my 2011 return even asked me questions that were not on the return. Like the name of my granddaughters mother and father.. Really though. Anyway he said the system would update overnight. It did not I called again was told that the system could take 2 weeks to update. I read on here that the system for the verifying department updates once a week on Thursday. I was verified on 3/7 on a Thursday it updated this morning. Their system updates once a week on Thursday morning around 3 am. The where'smy refund site is now saying My refund has been received  and is being processed. A change from what it was saying. It also says that this site updates once daily.  I will post again when I get a new message. Good luck to everyone. This is a crazy tax refund period. By the way I claimed no dependents this time and I did not work last year my only credit is for my college tuition. I think the IRS is checking 1 in 5 returns for fraud just for the heck of it. I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for me to receive my check.
    • I was allowed to order my transcript for 2012 return this morning. This means that my return has been processed. I should be given a mail out date for my refund check tomorrow morning when the system updates.. Getting excited!!! So it does not take 4-6 weeks after being verified. And it does not sit in pending  for 3 weeks after being verified. Good luck to everyone. Thanks for the posts. I will keep posting until I receive my check date. I was verified 3/7.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Today is 3/16/13.  I just checked the line. It is now giving me a check mail out date of March 22, 2013. That is exactly 2 weeks after being verified. Fingers crossed that it goes okay. I hope you all get yours soon.
    verifying is needed to process the return otherwise they do not process it at all.
    • so I am verifying then waiting for them to process.... so now I will be at the beginning?
    • yes, thats what they told me today. i called to get my info verified and at this point she said it would be 6-9 weeks!! she was very rude and didnt seem to want to say anything or confirm anything so i feel left in the dark. i have been filing the same way for decades !! i am so upset about this situation, if indeed they are trying to help me from identity theft then she could have been more informative about it.
    • Aliv1 you know what I just talk to a rep after hanging with the other ppl about my letter and she told me I should be receiving a letter sometime this week didn't say nothing just let her keep on talking then she said I have to give them 6-9wks but the other lady said 4-6wks I'm confused
    • I filed on 1/30 accepted the same day. recieved a 4883c letter on 2/23 I called the number today 2/25 on hold for an hour got a very nice rep on the phone that ask me a couple of questions about my 2011 and 2012 return to verify it was me. told me I was all set and should recieve my refund within 4-6 weeks,  she also said it doesnt usually take that long.
    • http://www.irs.treas.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-005-006r-cont01.html  scroll down to middle of page and find your number
    • What date did you actually verify the info?
    • @chris did you get 4883c letter?
    • Yes..I recieved the letter Tuesday (02/19) then called Thursday (02/21) and verified my info...and that is the day the rep told me it was verifiied...i hope he is right:) i can live 03/08...we will see...

They asked me the following: MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME, FOR A DEPENDANTS SSN FROM 2011, MY ADDRESS FOR 2011, MY EMPLOYER, MY AGI, REFUND AMOUNT, HOW I RECIEVED IT, TOTAL EXEMPTIONS, THEN A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT 2012...

I think that they really are processing it now because before when i called and they asked me my address...and i would say my current one..they would ask my previous one too...this time they did not...
    • but i still cannot order transcripts...says info doesnt match when i enter new address..but i can order 2011 with my old address...hope this helps anyone...I will keep my status posted and wont be one of those that gets the money and forgets about everyone waiting for theirs...Good luck
    • I hope your feeling is right lol
    • me too..cuz those bills are adding up pretty quick...still says processing...
    • read what annat1 wrote further into this thread..they called her back for more information today turns out we may not even be done with the one call and verifying everything!!
    • @christisession I hope you're right.  I called the 19th so I should be right there with you.  I too can live with the 8th
    THIS IS CRAZY AND I AM VERY GLAD TO KNOW IT NOTHING CRAZY BC I WAS SCARED OF CALLING. SAD THING MY HUSBAND AND I FILED SEPERATLY SAME DAY 2/3 AND OURS WAS RECV. ON THE SAME DAY HE GOT HIS WITHIN 8 DAYS THEN I GOT THIS LETTER. REALLY SOME BS. BUT GLAD TO KNOW NOTHING SERIOUS ON HOLD NOW FOR 87 MINS.....STILL HOLDING
    • JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE AFTER A 94MIN HOLD AND ANOTHER 20 MIN CONVO OF QUESTION AFTER QUESTION AND WAS TOLD 3-6 WEEKS TO PROCESS AND ANYONE WHO CLAIMED THE EIC MAY OR MAY NOT RECV. THIS LETTER WELL GUESS I WAS THE LUCKY ONE AND GOT IT. ANYWAYS SHE ADVS. ME I CAN CALL AND CHECK MY STATUS OR CAN GO TO WHERES MY REFUND AND CHECK UP FOR THE NEW DATE, BUT TO KNOW IF THERES NO OTHER ISSUES EXPECT IT IN 3-6 WEEKS.......
    • Was told i had a letter issued friday but dont know why hope its just something as simple as verifying info
    • The question was date of birth kids names filling status places ive lived children names an dob basically simple questions but said I'd happened to alot of people this year who qualified for that earned income credit she said 3 to 6 weeks but can keep checking to see if the irs page updates an gives me a deposit date so hopefully soon...
    • @nikki if you filed married filing separately how did you qualify for EIC?
    • @amymc my thoughts exactly!!! She couldn't have....u can't get EIC married filing desperately...
    • *separately...
    I received the letter Saturday then called this morning on hold for 127 mins....answered 3 questions then to expect my return 4 to 6 weeks...too bad on March 22nd TT is taking our fees for getting it direct deposited straight out of our bank accounts whether our refund is here or not....we r just getting screwed on every level
    • Will TT refund the 29.99 they charge for taking out the fee from the refund or will they just take what ever your filing fee is. I paid by Credit Card up front but know a lot of people who opted to have it taken out of their returns.

I will contact TT to see what fees will they actually be taken out, as technically they are not removing money from return but your bank account.
    • From my understanding they will take the cost of product only, and not the $29.99 fee for using that option.
    • My email from them was for their fee plus the return fee we have til march 22nd
    • Has anyone talked to an advocate about this situation wit the identy thing and the length of time just woundering if tere is any light to be shed
    • Yes I spoke with one today. I got my letter 2/25 called and verified same day. Called back yesterday to make sure all was well and they told me there were other errors that didn't sound right so I called and advocate today. They pulled up my file said that everything had been fixed and I am back in the processing pipe line and should receive my money in two weeks.
    • I called yesturday and te woman took my phone number and said someone will contact me within 30 days............First I called on 2/16 and answer there question than I was told 4-6 weeks.......Than I called on 2/22 and the guy told me 2-4weeks...........Thank I called yesturday I was not told about no errors or anyting and these people are ruled and does not qive any help............Remind you my taxes were accepted on 1/25................Any Advice
    • who will take the 29.99 fee away??? Turbo tax?
    I guess the biggest question is how long will it take (realistically) before we get dd
    • CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW LONG WILL IT TAKES TO GET YOUR REFUND ......AFTER YOU HAVE CALLED  THE 4883c........I FEEL SOME SOUCE OF WAY,,,WE PAID FOR TURBO TO FILE OUR TAXES ...TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS RIGHT AND THIS HAPPENS....I DID NOT REALIZE ONCE THE TAXES ARE SENT TO THE IRS THEY HAVE TO APPOVE THE TAXES,,,,, THE WORDED ACCEPTED ON TURBO TAX REALLY DO NOT MEAN NOTHING.
    • No that is what we are all waiting on. We all want to know how long we have to wait. And accepted means they are completed well enough that they will process them. It doesn't mean approved or even that they wont find issues with them while processing. It just means they are good enough to start the process.
    • idk but im really starting to get aggravated. i think all this is bs.... to be told wait 4-6 weeks is so unacceptable to me. we all need our money and its not our fault the system flagged us for identity theft. i bet after realizing half the people who recived these letters are who they say they are they will think twice about doing this next year. if ya ask me its all a big waste of time and anything to prolong our money!!!
    • I agree, this 4-6 week thing is total bs. We have already been waiting a month!
    • The truth is its all a scam to keep our money longer. For instance if they were gonna flag someone they certainly should of flagged my brother.  He suddenly moved states, he was married last year and this year filed single he has a new address new numbers making more money but he wasn't flagged. You know why? He owed money instead of getting a refund. So they didnt even look twice at him. But because my address changed I was flagged.
    • I wonder if we can report the IRS to the better buisness bureau? I mean arent they in their own way committing fraud. Only scruntinising those who are receiving a refund and not those who owe. Then refusing the return of money that is rightfully ours. Seems like a ligit complaint. But they are a government agency so I don't know.
    Still the same
    • Each case is different
    • Well when I talked to the tax advocate I was told that's all that needed to be done and that I'm officially being processed now
    • Frank you had a 4464c letter ?
    • No just a 4883c
    • I recieved a call back from my tax advocate this morning , I contacted their office before I recieved my letter. She informed me she was contacting the Irs Today to expedite my tax reurn!  She also said 4 to 6 was way to long. I will let you guys know if she is able to speed things up.
    • Boone Letter or Notice Description of Letter/Notice Information to the Caller
      Letter 4464C, -R Freeze The taxpayers return was received and we are holding the refund until we complete a more thorough review. The taxpayer isn't required to do anything at this time.
      Advise the taxpayer to wait 60 days from the date of the letter.

If over 60 days with no additional action showing on IDRS, prepare Form 4442/e4442, Inquiry Referral to Austin Directorate, follow the IRM categories listed in (4) below.

Document the call in AMS and include the taxpayers name and contact information.

CP 05 Notice, -R Freeze, Systematically generates when AMTAP inputs a TC 971 AC 134 or NOREFP to stop the refund. The notice informs the taxpayer we are holding their refund until we finish reviewing their tax return.
      If the taxpayer filed the return and didn't receive the CP05 notice explain to the taxpayer we are holding their refund until we finish reviewing the tax return, nothing is required from the taxpayer at this time.

If the taxpayer states they did not file a return, tell them to complete Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit, and forward to the address provided along with a copy of the notice.

If over 45 days with no additional action showing on IDRS, prepare Form 4442/e4442, Inquiry Referral to Austin Directorate, follow the IRM categories listed in (4) below.

Document the call in AMS include the taxpayers name and contact information.

CP 05A Notice- The CP 05A notice informs the taxpayer we have completed the review and we need more information to determine whether the taxpayer is due a refund.
      If the taxpayer filed the return and they did not receive the CP 05A notice, review the notice with the taxpayer and have them send in the information, provide the following address: AMTAP Stop 46B, 4800 Buford Highway, Chamblee, GA, 30341

Advise the taxpayer to wait 45 days from the date they responded to the CP 05A Notice.

If over 45 days and the taxpayer sent in the information and no further action has been taken prepare Form 4442/e4442, Inquiry Referral to Austin Directorate, follow the IRM categories listed in (4) below.

If the taxpayer lost the notice and states they will send in the information, provide the following address: AMTAP Stop 46B, 4800 Buford Highway, Chamblee, GA, 30341

Letter 4115C Wage/withholding verification request, we are holding the refund and we need additional information before we can issue a refund, please send us the information within 30 days; or we will disallow all or part of the refund.
      Advise the taxpayer to wait 45 days from the date they responded to the 4115C letter.

If the taxpayer states they will send in the information, but they did not receive a letter, inform the taxpayer of the required information. (See note at the end of this table for acceptable supporting documentation.) Provide the following address: AMTAP Stop 6572 AUSC, 3651 S. Interregional Hwy 35, Austin, TX 78741-0000.

If the taxpayer states they didn’t file the return, have the taxpayer complete Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit, and return in the enclosed envelope. If no envelope, provide the address above in (2).

Letter 418C A 418C letter from AMTAP informs the taxpayer to send all requested information within 30 days of the date of the letter. If we do not receive the information within the 30 days we will disallow all or part of the refund.
      Advise the caller to wait 45 days from the date they responded to the 418C letter.

If over 45 days have passed and the taxpayer states he/she did not receive a copy of the letter, prepare Form 4442/e4442, Inquiry Referral, to Austin Directorate, follow the IRM categories listed in (4) below.

Document the call in AMS include the caller's name and address.

Note:

Taxpayers must provide legible copies of their records and/or other information that supports the wages and withholding they claimed on their return. The information may include a copy of periodic pay statements or check stubs clearly identifying the date, gross income received, and withholding taken out; or a letter from the employer on company letterhead or stationery indicating dates of employment and the gross amount of wages paid and withholding deducted.
    • Well, that was completely irrelevant and uninformative. Thanks
    So called irs today to make sure after I verified the other day it was sent to be processed and I get told there was a "small" error but it has been fixed but he couldn't give me a date...I finally was like I'm I going to have to wait 4 to 6 weeks again seeing how irs accepted my return on 1/30 he said it should only be 2 weeks at most. I'm not holding my breathe...I mean first a month to send me a letter then there was a small error that was their fault he even admitted that much
    • I called today after verifying Monday to make sure all was well.  The rep on the phone told me some corrections had to be made and that I owed for a first time home owners credit my ex-husband and I filed back in 2008 or 2009.  We never claimed this credit.  After I explained this the rep sounded completely confused and said Oh she sees I had to be verified and that I had done that and I am now processing and it will take 4-6 weeks.  I then asked if it would really take that long and she said yes.  I don't know if she was just confused or it they are really saying I have this old credit I never claimed that I have to pay back.  I sent the paperwork off just a minute ago for a tax advocate.  Guess I will wait for their phone call and go from there.

the devil has  stolen:
      ****Emotional Health
      ****Physical  Health
      ****Finances
      ****Relationships
      ****Children
      ****  Jobs
      ****Homes
      ****Marriages

in the NAME OF JESUS.

And I  declare:

to our  situations:
      ****our households are blessed;
      **** our health is  blessed;
      **** our marriages are blessed;
      **** our finances are  blessed;
      **** our relationships are blessed;
      **** our businesses are  blessed;
      **** our jobs are blessed;
      **** our children are blessed;
      ****  our grandchildren are blessed;
      **** our parents are blessed;
      **** our  siblings are blessed;
      **** our ministries are blessed;
      **** our decisions  are blessed;
      **** our friends are blessed.
      the way;

AMEN!
    • What is this I don't even
    • Amen
    Something weird I noticed this morning....my girlfriend and I are both experiencing delays this year. I was accepted 1/30 & she was accepted 1/31. Since last week we have both been getting the "your refund is still processing, a refund date will be provided when available" message. She has received a 4883c letter and has called & verified her info. I have been told I'm getting a letter but yet to receive it. Both of our wmr still say same thing but hers has that topic 152 under it and mine does not. Ink if that's a glitch, but figured it was worth mentioning
       I CALLED THAT SAME DEPT 3 DAYS AGO AND GOT THE SAME 4-6 WKS TIME FRAME. I CALLED AGAIN TODAY TO ASK IF THE WMR WOULD UPDATE AND THE LADY SAID IT SHOULD AND THAT MY RETURN WAS BEING PROCESSED AND THAT IT WOULD BE 6-8 WKS.... SHE ALSO ASKED ME TODAY IF I HAD EVER BEEN A VICTIM OF I.D THEFT, AND YEP I HAVE SO FOR BEING VICTIMIZED I HAVE TO WAIT!WOW...SMH!
        lots of others i know have been stuck in the same position especially with the eic credit or 8862 credit....if the system stills ays processing just call that 1800830 number and tell them you got a letter. the wmr never updated for me past your refund is still being processed, so i called like hey whats up? thats when i was directed to call the number and now my return is processing

I'm not sure if I'm even putting this in the right place , but here it goes. Filed 01/18/13 accepted 01/25/13 , received my 4883c letter on the 16th cleared it up that day. Ever since I filed I've had the same message " Your refund is being pocessed BLah Blah Blah" and it hasn't ever changed . Well you guys know . Anyways I just called the 1-800-829-1040 and when the automated voice said the same thing WMR said it just hit me. It has always told me I've been processing when in reality I haven't been . So are we ever going to know if are actually pocessing.
          • Have u received a letter telling u to call them ?
          • Other than the 4883c letter , no
          • After I called them the message on wmr changed to return received and processing and it is suppose to be only 3 weeks from that point but I'm hoping its sooner
          • this is so frustrating....no progress at all and its been over a month
          • WMR has never changed . I callback on 02/24/13 and they said everything was fine, there was NO other issues. He told me all I could now was wait.
          • i am going to try and call an advocate.....hopefully that helps
          • it has been 5 weeks
          • I'm kind of afraid to do that because everyone has told me the IRS will not talk to you after that. Not that they are talking to any of us now. I think they just have little card in front of them or a flag comes up when one of our names hit the system , and its says " give them the 4-6 week comment.
          • I'm new here so forgive me but, @allensasha has it been 5 weeks since you filed ?
          • this is silly i dont know if u read my previous comments but they r not helping at all just giving us the run around with no answers
          • yes it has
          • Ok sorry , I just didn't know when those 4883c letters started going out . Everyone that I've seen seems to have went out around the 16th give or take a few days. I was just praying that you hadn,t received one 5 weeks ago. No I haven't any of the earlier post , my sister just told me about this.
          • My 4883c went out on the 14th. I called in the 14th because I was told that I would get the letter when I called the 800-829-1040 number. The verification consisted of 6 questions total from 2 years tax returns. I spent more time bullshitting with the guy about the positives and negatives of living in Texas than I did on my taxes. So far today is day 15 with no update.
          • my was accepted on 1/25 than a few weeks go nothing then i went on here and alit of our returns was thrown in an error pile by accidentvthan i recieved the letter were i had to call so i called on 2/16 and was told it will taker 4-6weeks....than i called on 2/22 just to make sure and the guy said 2-4weeks.........so i decided to wait a week and than called 2/28 and they took my number and said someone will contact mw within 30 days over the phone what kind of bull is that
          • this is really unbelievable!! i am just so shocked at the lack of regard for the taxpayers and the lack of full disclosure. if we are already verified then what is the problem why be so vague about the status of these returns. some are updating and have had the transcripts now available so i dont know what the heck is going on.
          • aliV1....... I know this is just so frustrating there r thing we need 2 do with this money errr.........i know so many people who has recieved there taxes already and who filed b4 me
          “We were seeing two issues with the 8867 during the early part of filing season,” Lemon said. “In one instance we were seeing the form being filled out incompletely. The other issue was with taxpayers who prepared their own returns and had an 8867 with the return and didn’t need it because the return wasn’t filled out by a preparer. Those two situations created a processing issue for us.”

http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/No-More-Holds-on-EITC-Returns-Says-IRS-65830-1.html?taxpro

• yeah  they filed a BLANK one with my return and I did not need to file one because I do not qualify
          • that would be Turbo tax's fault tho? i filed with the free version but if i paid I would be more than pissed...
          I am truly happy for those of you who verified on or around the 25th and now have a DD. What I'm not understanding is those of us who verified on or around the 16th are still waiting. What in the HELL is going on ? I've prayed , I've been Patient, when I have called I have been kind, so now I'm ANGRY !!! Has anyone that verified early heard anything new this morning ?
          • I verified 2/26 and nothing has changed on wmr....filed 1/31....even though I didn't verify that long ago I have been waiting over a month for my refund and I too am losing patience
          • I feel your pain. I would just love a straight answer!!!
          • I've verified on21 st and still no date yet
          • Im waiting on my letter they said the ywas sending me?  what kind of letter is it and what info do they wont?
          • i filed my taxes on the 6th of Feb, was accepted on th 7th and stil lwaiting on it too process and get my letter they told me i was getting.    WTF.....
          • verified on 22nd still no change... :( but at least we know something is happening. i just hope that after this they dont say we will now review the return and delay it another 4-6 weeks!!
          • cleared the 4883 letter the 25th of feb and still nothing , im in ma , idont know if other states are getting theres faster
          • Still nothing on WMR.
          • I verified my info on 2-19 got ddd for march 6 I would call every other day just to make sure my refund was on track , you may want to act as if you are lost with what is going on just for someone to help you those irs reps are so impatient and rude. I was told when i did verify my info that after receiving the 4833c letter that my refund still had to go through a process to even be approve, and that it was possible i would have to give more information if needed.  I chose to call every other day so if there was something else that was holding up my refund I would know and not sit waiting for 4 to 6 weeks. if theres nothing else you guys need to verify it should be less than the 4-6 weeks.  GOOd LUCK !!!!
          ok so i was lurking in another tax forum " igotmyrefund"  and found this posted today!! this seriously concerns me now perhaps this is the reason so many of us still see no progress after calling and some are getting results :

Anonymous March 4, 2013 at 11:02 am

@Irritated: @irritated I too got the 4883c letter and called and verified on 2/25. Then I got a second 4883c letter on 2/29 and called this morning and the person who verified me did not release me for processing. What a nightmare this is, but you give me hope!!

• this is crazy, i really hope to hear some good news soon
          • Have anybody got their taxes since getting a letter 4883c???
          • I just talk to 3 different people at the IRS in 3 different dept.'s and they are all useless. Just keep saying to wait.  This is so frustrating , a straight answer would be nice.  Now I'm on hold with a  advocate to see if they can help me. I'll keep u all updated.  Is this only happening in ma or other states too?
          • Im waiting for my letter do i have to wait for it to call? ,what kind of questions did they ask for this year taxes.
          • i posted a blog earlier with the incorrect letter number "my apologies" the letter was a 4883c letter my mistake for putting 4833 don't want to confuse anyone.
          • @ apr9000033.... it's happening iin Oklahoma too....
          HALLELUJAH!!!  Received letter 4883 March 4... called and verified myself same day  (on hold for 118 minutes, btw!!)... Was told to wait 4-6 weeks... could be sooner but that's what they've been instructed to say.

Yesterday, March 6... WMR site still said "Your return is being processed.  A delivery date will be provided when one is available"... It has said that since Feb 10 when irs accepted...   Just checked WMR site for today and it has changed to "We have received your return and it is being processed."  Hope the wait is finally on the downhill side.... I will post when any change occurs... everyone cross your fingers!!
          • yes please keep us all posted - mine was cleared up on 2/25 and no change at all on the WMR yet... ugh
          • My still says tax return still being processing refund date will be provided when available for a month verified last Monday
          • Well... no changes today... this waiting game is really getting ridiculous, though...
          • This is so stressfull. I pray we all hear something soon, I'm sure I will not change over the weekend. Lets all pray for Monday
          • ****UPDATE****!!!

I was accepted Feb 10... received letter 4883c on March 4... verified same day... lady told me 4-6 weeks...  WMR changed on March 7 to "we have received your return and it is being processed"....  
            ALSO, I was able to order both transcripts on March 7.  No change on March 8.

Checked WMR today, March 9.. I have the status bars now... Received is orange, processed is orange...  WMR now says "YOUR RETURN WILL BE IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON MARCH 13.  IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT BY MARCH 18, CHECK WITH YOUR BANK TO SEE THAT IT HAS BEEN RECEIVED."

Just wanted to UPDATE everyone... it has been a loooonnnggg wait!!!
          • Thats good news. Mine still hasent changed. Hope this means they are working on the people who had to verify.
          • That's great!!! i got my letter March 4 verified that same day .was told 4to 6 weeks. And it still saying its being processed and a deliver date will be provided when available and its been saying that since i was accepted on feb 10!! Still no change for me
          • Verified 2/19 today got a dd 3/13!!
          • It looks like we cant go by the date we verified cause people who verified in march has a dd date before other who verified in feb!! Im confused
          • I verified March 4th, still saying And it still saying its being processed and a deliver date will be provided when available and its been saying that since i was accepted on Feb!! Still no change for me
          Hi everyone well tax advocate call and informed me that everything had been closed And that my refund should post in a couple of days fingers crossed
          • What info did i have to give the tax advocate???
          I just now went on IRS site and was able to order both transcripts!!!   Not sure if this is progress or not though.  When I tried last week to order, it said my address was not what they had on file.... Today I  entered address EXACTLY as what was on letter 4883c, then it let me get through to order... so not being able to order them before may have been my mistake, and if I'd figured out the address thing last week, it might have let me order them then... idk..  :(

So what does it mean when it lets you order your transcripts??
          • @spiderwoman1- my status changed yesterday also to We have received your tax return and it is being processed, but today i just tried to order my return transcript and i couldnt, but i could order the account one.....hopefully that means they are almost done with it
          • What is the difference in the two transcripts?
          • i dnt know but i think the account is all the info on ur account and the return is for the year u choose to get for. but she did say u cant order the return for this year until its complete and theyve processed ur refund , so for those of u who can order both u will prob get yours soon
          • I ordered the return transcript first... then went back and ordered the account transcript...
          I have some News folks!! I called the IRS this afternoon....I was flagged with a 4883C but I am a Small Business filer so I called into the main number but chose the Business Line option which ended up not taking "TOO" long - about 60 minutes total...So here is what the nice lady told me - I was indeed verified on 02/25/2013 but they found a small math error (less than $20) and fixed that and she said this: We will have your Refund to you within 15 days - it probably will not take that long, but we need that time frame to complete everything...." I asked to clarify - so this means my Refund will be coming in the next two weeks, is that correct? She said again, within 15 days but more than likely sooner so not to worry - everything is being taken care of......I was SOOOO relieved to hear this info and I promise to keep ya'll posted....On another note, I've had really good luck dealing with the folks at the IRS - they have been helpful, competent and easy to talk to, so don't be afraid to call  - they are here to help us out....
          • so i verified my return info with the irs on 2/19...got refund date on yesterday 3/10.....expected 3/13.......
          • Me Again....Still no changes or updates on the WMR, but I am hoping .....just wanted ya'll to know, I will keep ya posted, not leave you hanging. Anyone out there also file a Schedule  C or was self employed - CALL THE IRS and PRESS the button for "Business" line or "Business" taxes - you might get better service or get through faster.....just a suggestion! Keep the Faith?!! I'm trying to....
          Update:verified on 3/4 wmr change to when have received you tax return and it is being processed on 3/6 and dd for 3/13 on today I didn't give up I kept the faith
          • Typo ddd
          • Typo we
          • Anyone else here verify on 2/25 and still no Ddd  ;(  still says we have recieved you taxes and they are being processed  a date will be given when available
          • I verified on 2/26...I'm amazed that someone who only verified a few days ago was processed so quickly
          • And I'm "still being processed" as well.....wtf?
          • Okay I don't believe that I verified on feb 21 and just got a date this morning for march 13
          • Mines is for 3/13 too
          • Anyone wanna let me borrow 1200 to pay my mortgage before the 15.  I promise to pay when the irs pays me. Lol.
          • See told you
          • Wow, you ppl wake up early on the weekend. Tons of updates this morning huh?
          • Must be nice I verified 2/18......needless to say no change
          • still no change...verified 2/22 ...nothing no transcript either....this is just BELIEVABLE!!! there is no order to anything and when i called yesterday they wouldn't give me a minute to explain anything other than just wait the 6  weeks.
          • No change verified on 2/25 filed on 1/30
          • I verified on the 19th. Still nothing. But I hope since people are starting to get dates. It means there working on us.
          • Woke up to a 3/13 dd here hang in there guys its coming!
          • same here...3/13...verified info on 2/19.......hold on ya''ll its your money and youll get it well soon atleast!
          • Verified first thing on 1/25 no ddd yet
          • Nothing new for me yet still same old message
          • no DDD same message and I verified on 2/19.  Was able to order return transcripts on 3/8...I was excited....but now I can not get on the Santa Barbara Bank site.....getting errors......arggg.....
          • God when will end. I can't remember if I verified on the 21st 2nd or 25th. I know I still have no updates.... STRESSING!!
          • Yeah diannaweb the sbbt has beendwn all weekend try googling it and there is a 800 number u can call gives you the same info that the banks website does
          • no updates here either not one change...verified 2/25.
          • Aliv1....same here hun....getting frustrated!
          • quick update the sbbt is back up and running...however no good news for me they have not been sent my release for my return....I guess I will check again tomorrow......
          • Another day of no changes for us...so much for big update today...lol
          • Same here. This is crazy.
          • I CALLED THIS AM & WAS INFORMED THAT I HAVE TO BE MANUALLY PROCESSED. ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? I VERIFIED ON 2/22 WITH THE 4-6 MESSAGE. WMR HASN'T UPDATED IT STILL HAS THE SAME GENERIC MESSAGE.
          • Same here. Same old message no changes
          • Received my 4883c march 9th , verified today  march 11th after a 1 hour hold. Very nice polite man asked me easy questions like; previous address, county, employer name, name of my mortgage co and to verify ss# and age of my oldest child. Was told he was taking my return out of hold and putting back in for processing and it will be 4 to 6 weeks before I get my refund. I asked him if there was anything else i need to do and he said no. Gave me refund # 1-800-829-1954 to call in 4 weeks... total call time 1hr and 15 min .
          • Did they say 4 to 6 weeks from the date they pulled it or is it 4 to 6 weeks from the day you verify?
          • Just call she looked in my account at first she did not want but she did told her about letter ask me what it said if i need to turn in anything told her no read her what the letter said she me on hold for 10 min came confused to y I got a letter tax return seem fined to her but she said I still got go by timeframe of 4-6 wks
          • Hi jeady222 ...4 to 6 weeks from today ( the day I verified).
          • Kinda hard to keep the faith when I verified 2/18 or 2/19 and still have no changes although all you who verified last week have deposit dates......to hell with the faith any more
          • Jeez. The lady told me 4 to 6 weeks from the day they pulled it. Which was the 8th.So I thought the 8th was my 4 weeks. So now I got wait till the 19 for my 4 weeks. This is crazy.
          • I agree with you 100%.  My tax advocate has not even called me back.  Just getting more and more frustrated.  This mistake is very costly to those of us who are honest tax payers.
          • I didn't verify till 2/26, as soon as I got letter. But I filed on 1/31 with no edu credits etc, so it's very frustrating...been waiting 6 weeks already
          • Me to verify 2/19 nothing not even transcript
          • update..I was able to order my account transcripts today 3/12/13... but not my refund transcripts
          • i was able to order my refund transcripts 3/8/13 but not ddd
          Hey guys! I am on hold with the IRS right now about receiving a 4883C letter, And I thought I would right this out as a guide line for anyone that might receive the 4883c at any point this tax season. I will write another comment letting you all know how the phone call goes. If anyone needs me to do so, just comment "yes" below and I will go ahead. If not I will just post a short write up later. Good Luck people! Talk to you soon.

PS. I have been on hold for 68mins so far. So that is definitely a downfall. When you call, just put in ext. 123 and that will save you a lot of time.
          Still waiting.  Filed 2/4 verified 2/25 ordered transcripts 3/1 and still same old message.  I am going to wait until Monday that will be 3 weeks since verifying and then I am gonna call again.  But my question is who do I call this time to check on my status?  Do I call the fraud agents again or do I call the normal number?
          • call the fraud dept again ....i will be calling them back too tomorrow i also verified on the same day as you. I think i will call the fraud dept again. i did today and they hung up on me after holding over 30 minutes.
          • Let me know how it goes when you call back tomorrow.  I can't call for a couple of days I have some long hours at work this week and won't have a chance to stay on hold for hours during the day.  The day I called to verify they hung up on me 3 times.  So I know how frustrating that is.
          • I also called the fraud dept we all verified with after 1 hold she was rude took none of my info told me it wasn't their business after you verify and to start checking wmr after 4 weeks of verifying
          • Like they are the ones that have a reason to be mad? This is bull and we deserve to be treated more fairly .they are saying that they are trying to deter identity theft do they expect to do it like this? I think they need to regroup and come up with a new tactic because this is the wrong tactic. By the way did they third more people to do this job and if so why do they only have one phone line for thousands of people to call and only ask the questions they ask we could of verified this info with any of their agents as many times that we all have called and spoke with someone ...right or wrong other is more to it and I think its our right to know since its our money don't you agree...
          called the number for te letter 4883 today was on hold for two hours and spoke with irs wile i was on hold. i wanted to know if i should hang up and call back maybe they were having problems with their system the lady told me they do not have an extension for that number no way to transfer my call. just as i was going to hang up the recording said please wait a moment, finally my call was being answered. talked to the rep answered about 5 questions ss#, name, exemptions, wats on this #, whats on that #, are you expecting a return for 2012? what the hell do you mean am i expecting a refund for 2012 ? well isnt tat why i have just waited on hold for two freakin hours to verify my identity to you then got the 4-6 week if there is no other problems processing the return went to ask if there are other problems and damn she already hung up on me.... was told a couple of weeks ago that they were having problems processing my return but they were sending it to another dept to try to process manually if they can fix the processing error they would and would process my return but if not they would  send me a letter and ask me to fix it . whats really going on i wANT TO KNOW.  ARE THEY GOING TO IDENTIFY HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLES IDENTITIES? ON ONE PHONE LINE??????? I THINK THAT THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OFF OUR GOVERNMENT USING BS AND COVERING S*** why are we the ones who have to pay the price while they are lining their pockets i know im not the only one who was depending on this money why lie and say we are expecting to process most returns in 21 days but actually it only takes most 7-10 days to be depositted ? why freakin lie. just say we arte conducting investigations because last year we made the mistake and letting  identity thieves steal millions of dollars from the people, us being the people, to cover up whatever might be going on ,on a higher note , and now we the people are the ones screwed. Tell me how many people that they have sent those letters been actual victims of id theft?
          • i certainly agree with you i know darn well that no one has used my identity and that this is indeed some stupid method of processing these returns. delaying the refunds this long sounds to me more like the only fraud going on is the fraud they are doing to us by telling us lies and lies about the real status of our returns.
          • Called this morning to check on my status as it has been more than 2 weeks since verifying.  Was told that I have not been processed yet they are still checking my identity  and to wait another 4 weeks and call back but it might not take that long.
          • @rosecrans  imagine what more can they possibly be doing with the return other than having it sit somewhere after the verification process is done by the taxpayer!!! how many identity thieves are really going to sit on hold for hours and pretend they are you!! such BS!! i believe that they are covering up a major flaw in the system that triggered this situation for all of us. that is why we get different answers everytime we call.
          • I agree at this point it just seems like another reason to keep our money longer.  Let's throw these peoples return in a drawer and just forget about them for 2 months so we don't have to hand out that money right away.  They may call a few times wanting an answer but we will just give them text book answers that we print out for all our reps. We are the government so they will let it slide.  In the mean time we can fix our mistakes and then just say it was all protocol.  Meanwhile we sit here being devastated that we do not have the money we were depending on.  I say we freeze all their paychecks until they can prove to us that they aren't using someone else's identity. After all we are the ones paying them shouldn't we have the right to confirm they are who they say they are.  How do we know they aren't stealing our identities themselves.  They do have access to our names, social security numbers, birthdays, addresses, phone numbers, spouses info children's info and so on.
          Filed 2/06 got letter 3/06 Verified 3/11 so far no change. Will check back next week.
            Another day of no change shocking i know....so in a few days i hit my second 21 day mark this is so retarded...maybe if they would just finish ours then we would stop calling or if i dunno say they tell us one straight answer
            • i believe that they are covering up a major flaw in the system that triggered this situation for all of us. that is why we get different answers everytime we call.
            • Today is my second 21 days!! Just ready for a change!! I'm sick of calling them, I verified so wtf? Especially when people are saying they verified 3/5 & already have a ddd...where's the logic in that?
            • There is none and it only proves that all the things we have been told such as, 4-6 weeks, or first you are put in holding for 3 weeks then they start processing is all garbage.  They are doing what they want, how they want, and taking as long as they want and that's all there is to it.
            • calebmartinsdad...I too on monday got a second 21 days to process my refund.  I was told that my return was process but they were now checking for outstanding accounts.  And yes I new about the back tax from 2009 that I have been making 60/month payments I could even give them the exact balance and when my next payment is due...and guess what they could tell me that too...it was all on screen.  I took a call to a tax advocate to get the funds released, but they stated that they system is only updated on Mondays and Fridays and not nightly as they would have us believe.  So this game they are playing with us is old and this new fraud system sucks!
            • @diannawebb so are you saying the tax advocate said the IRS system is only updated twice a week? They need to be updating it about 3 times a day since they are soooo far behind!
            • Yes that is what I am saying...sorry I was a bit unclear about that.  I agree with you on that.  i also believe that my debt should have been reduced for having to wait so long and being a good sport in playing this new fraud system game.  But it is the IRS so between the interest they gained on holding my money till the last possible moment, and the interest, penlties and other fees I have been paying...I do believe that I have earned and paid for my return this year...LOL
            I got my letter on monday and tried to reach them several times for the next two days. I eventually got a rep today after a 2 hour hold and he was very courteous. he asked me general questions like name, ssn, date of birth and last 2 mailing addresses. After he put me on a brief hold he came back and asked not about my prior years return but about if I had recently leased a car and who is the credit provider is. He then asked for the monthly payment amount, length of agreement and previous employers. He placed me on a brief hold again then came back and informed me that he was able to verify it was me. He said 4-6 weeks for my return and to check WMR in 10-14 business days for a status update. Now I guess Im jus a sitting duck
            • First I've heard of that...wow how would they know that anyways? Crazy
            • They know cause the irs has access to our credit line any time we use a credit card,bank card etc it shows them...pretty scary what all they have access to huh
            • Update!!!!!  I filed 1/30 was accepted the.same day. 2/14 my wmr status changed to still processing and.refund.date will be provided when available. Received verification letter 2/25 verified same day. Today 3/14 my wmr status changed to we have received your tax return and it is being processed. From what i have read everyone has been getting a.dd after there status changed to this! Did anybody else status update today?    Hope.this.helps.
            • not mine
            • todays update: NOTHING.... :(
            • @vb33 I filed 2/14, got my letter on 3/9, verified on 3/11.  I checked wmr this morning and it has already changed to we have received your tax return and it is being processed.  Hopefully we will have our refunds soon.  I had plans just as everyone else did for my refund and they had to be cancelled.
            • See this is the bs I'm talking about!! Tweetie I'm glad yours has changed but I verified 2 weeks before you and no change whatsoever!
            • I agree with you.  This is all complete BS.  The woman I spoke with was not so nice.  She told me that she couldn't give me a time frame that she is just there to take calls and information.  So I was guessing that I had to wait 8 weeks.  I wish you luck calebmartinsdad.  I agree with everyone else that they should be paying us interest, hell if the shoe were on the other foot...we would be paying it.
            • This is BS I'm happy ppl are getting moved on but damn...I'm so sick ofhecking and seeing same message iI can barely get by my roommate is moving out next weekiI NEED that money or might lose my house
            Update!!! Filied 2/5 accepted 2/6 got 4883c on 3/6 verified on 3/11. Checked wmr today and it changed from still being process to return receivedand being process no DDD YET
              Update. Not much of one. Filed 1/28, accepted 1/30.  Verified 4883c on 2/14. Told 2-4 weeks. Today makes officially 4 weeks since I verified. No change in WMR, still processing. Called verification dept on 3/4 and was told that it was processing and they dont need any info from me and that I should call 1800-829-1040 for the status of my refund. I called on 3/11 and was told that I should have it by the end of the week. Which I have not. Guess I will call again next week. Today marks 28 days since I verified and 43 days since it was accepted and 45 days since I filed with no end in site.
              • Yeah today they told me the 4-6 weeks 1st agen said wasn't accurate and it would be 6-8 weeks from 2/28....next year I'm filing paper return lol
              i can't get through to anyone at that number.  i've been on hold a total of 6 hours in the last 3 days.  I don't know what to do.  I am on hold right now with both the 4883C number and the advocate who also has a long wait time.
              • It's been 6 weeks and 4 days since I filed and 2 weeks and 3 days since I verified. I am getting very impatient so today I decided to contact my senator and see if they could do anything on my behalf.  Let's see if this does any good.  I will keep you posted.
              Okay I am one of the lost and have yet to be found...Just like alot of the rest of us are.I filed 2/4 was accepted 2/4. And than just my luck my 21st day 2/25 I get the lovely (not) 4883c letter. I called that day spent almost 3 hrs on the phone. To be asked a few simple questions that my 4 year old nephew could have answered. So than I am told 4-6 weeks like alot of us have been told. I have called about 4 times since I verified. Each time getting different answers. Its sad that those that verified after us have already received dates and or refunds. While most like myself and others that verified before me haven't seen so end in sight.  I don't mean to make this political but I can promise you each this...I am almost certain there is not a person in the white house or congress or governer or any important high up dealing with what we are dealing with.  We are hard working people who deserve better than what we are getting. I am sure there are people out there that are doing things they shouldn't be doing...But come on is all this really necessary? I done lost faith and have all but given up on seeing anything before christmas and that is if I am lucky...
                hi my daughter has not recieved her dd as of yet....she recieved 4883c ltr on 2/21/13  she verified her info on 2/25/13...since then she has spoken with 3 different irs reps. all giving same different info....her wmr status is still ".......a refund date will be given when available....."

• stac2000- Most of us have already answered the questions asked by the irs  but have yet to receive refunds. It doesn't make sense  to draw out the process for the complete 75 days even after the taxpayer has responded.
                • yes i figure they are not going to give it up that quickly if they have the 2.5 months then they will make it a slow process, the minute i realized that this letter was for verification i knew that i would not be seeing that money for months. i am so upset about this because i know they are going to delay this forever. despite verifying our identities and whatever else they want.
                • I was told 2-4 weeks by the agent I talked to and I'm holding them to that. He even went out of his way to assure me that it probably wouldn't take that long. Don't get too hung up on the 75 days.  If you do the math, my return was originally processed on day one, Jan 30th. If you add the time it has already been delayed plus 6 weeks which seems to be the longest time they're telling people, you start getting awfully close to 75 days.
                • jacobkmoore I think we will all receive ddd this week. I feel as if they are going to process the 4883cs at the same point and I hope its tonight or tomorrow!! LOL
                • i hope the process runs smoothly, the only problem i found with my daughter's return was the ssn, was one number off, which usually wouldn't have been"accepted" but the return was accepted, and was processing....I'm assuming that's why her return was flagged...hopefully one of us here will have some good news to report tomorrow.
                • @daphnebrown I'm really hoping for a DDD this week also I talked with a tax advocates and was told to expect a call Monday they said if I'm facing anykind of hardship they might release my funds this week fingers crossed I'm a single mother of six and really in need of my refund
                • I am single mom of 2 and right now it seems like everything is due and I have no money to pay it! I hope everyone here has good news to report this week because boy oh boy it sure is hard seeing everyone else receive their dates and me not having one.
                • yes i agree with franky 2660 i called the tax advocate last friday but did not receive the letter to saturday (yesterday) they can help us if we r facing any kind of crisis they are above irs. my bills are past due as well. im calling irs in the morning anyone know whats the earliest i can call assuming ill probably have to hold for 2 hrs?
                • We can hope lol.  I feel more like they'll be processed as they're handled. More than likely one they ok the return to be processed it gets kicked back into general population with all the other returns and processed like normal as it falls. So I'm looking at it as the day that I called and cleared everything up that's pretty much my new filing date.
                • @Stacy I called at 7:18 in the morning and was in hold for 15mminutes so I'm guessing 7in the morning would be good
                • @JACOBKMOORE- I dont know about you guys but when I ended the call with the rep she said that I would receive my refund in 2 weeks. She didn't say I was going to be reprocessed so I am just assuming that we have been thrown back into the limbo. I hate the not knowing its killing me
                • Does anyone have a offset
                • I  called back a second time after going through the verification to just be sure of what the first rep had told me. I was informed of 4-6 weeks both times on the refund and was also informed that their department only updates once a week, and that is on Sundays. She advised that I would still show processing until then. So if it's not updated by morning then I  don't believe we will see an update until the following week
                • I'm thinking that by updating once a week she meant they "sync" with the main office what returns are ok to process.  Since the fraud department doesn't actually do any processing themselves, they just screen for exactly that, fraud.
                • The office is still closed .... 7:30 .My letter said to call at 7am This is so disappointing
                • hi everyone ive been on hold for 1 hour and counting.... will update info when i hang up & i will also ask about timeframe for refund.
                • thanks I am on hold now 2
                • what does ddd mean?? sorry
                • what is that number on the letter
                • 18008305084
                So my question is... who else here received 4464c before receiving 4883c?
                • Ive only recieved a 4464c... I filed the advocate thing yesterday.. they said to fax in some bills, that are late (i only had one) so well see what that does..
                • the advantage of having the advocate is that from the moment they get involved they are now accountable to a certain degree to follow up with you so they dont leave you hanging there in limbo like others that cannot use the advocate yet. i cannot use one because i was told that the 4883c letter isn't a review and that i need to wait the entire 8 week process!! we will see but i am not holding my breath. i figure it will come sometime in 2013.... : (
                • 4883c got a letter last week, call and make some questions of my taxes after a wait I say that all is well and that my taxes will be processed and wait for my refund Semans 4-6. the worst is that today I received a call from the IRS in which I did other questions related to my taxes and at the end I said I can not give any information and expects another letter. turns out that the first interview goes to another unit for a second interview after he sent a letter
                • to get paid i have to wait 75 days
                • 4883c got a letter last week, call and make some questions of my taxes after a wait I say that all is well and that my taxes will be processed and wait for my refund week 4-6. the worst is that today I received a call from the IRS in which I did other questions related to my taxes and at the end I said I can not give any information and expects another letter. turns out that the first interview goes to another unit for a second interview after he sent a letter
                • What?? This is crazy
                • @annat1 so even if we call we may still not be cleared? and they refer the return to another department? you know what it might be better to go in person to a federal building where they have a local IRS office then to really clarify this and submit what they want!!
                • I read the manual for identity theft...at their website and it says that the agent that you get on the phone asks you questions...and then determines whether or not they can make a decision on your identity...if they say you're you...your done..if their not sure our just wanna be an ass (probably) they forward to another department that may ask you to further verify...I'm gonna try to find the link..and will come ..back and post
                • Try that and scroll down till it says research tips... It week say about "good our bad"
                • Its their instructions on how to process this kind if return
                • just read it very interesting so its a subjective process, i would think to put an end to it it may be best to just go in and just show all the valid forms of is and so forth to just get it resolved otherwise this could drag on and on. i already called but after the comment annat1 posted i am left wondering if indeed it is being processed or will i get another letter or call !!
                • I went to the IRS office after that call and tell me that there's two verification steps
                  where i call with  the extension 123 they passed information to another department which reviews and sends a letter.
                  The worst thing is that no matter what your answers are correct that second verification pass
                • Annat1 how long did it take you to get your call after you first called
                • 3 week
                • Three weeks?? You said you got the letter last week. That means that you first called the first week of January? Before you got the letter? Why would you call the IRS the first week of January when they started accepting returns on the 30th? You sure you aren't pulling our leg?
                • Really because my cousin got a letter in Feb she mad her call and DDD this week it took them almost 3 weeks to give her a date
                • She made her call and got a DDD this week
                • 1/25 accepted
                  2/09 letter first call 4/6 week
                  2/20 second call  Check that all is well
                  Today Receive call from irs
                • IRS does not make calls during tax season they communicate through mail...Also if their was any problems you would have known by the rep you spoke with I know too many ppl with these letters and everybody that called was fine except for 1 person and they said hers was on hold and she will be getting a letter
                • I agree the rep I spoke to said they only call you as an absolute last resort and to be very careful giving anyone information over the phone. He said if they call saying they are the IRS to get their I D number and their extension and tell them u will call them right back. Make sure u go through the IRS switch board
                • actually they do call because on the actual 4883c letter it has a form you sign and also note a telephone number where they can reach you. i have the letter and indeed it states that they call you if they need to. but it could be possible that its a bogus call too i guess....
                • Yes that is true so I guess the question is did u give them your number if so I wouldn't worry. But I didn't give mine and they never asked me for it so if I get a call I will be skeptical.
                • Aliv1 that's if you want them to call you at a designated time, as opposed to you calling them & holding for 2 hours. I haven't seen anyone else say anything about expecting a call back and it's a very  rare circumstance when the IRS would contact you by phone
                • god i hope thats true and this whole thing is resolved for all of us.
                • Tawanna did ur cousin really get a dd date after getting a 4883c? Gives us all hope! Was about 3 weeks?
                • Ok If I received phone call from the IRS
                • not lying
                • Calebmartinsdad yes it took her about 3 weeks but she finally got a DDD for 2/27
                • That's awesome, made my call today so hopefully 3 weeks from now I will finally have return. Filed 1/30 so it's about time! Lol
                • I'd like to test a theory.  Is there anyone else here that received the letter and/or replied to said letter the week of the 5th.
                • Is anyone able to order their return transcripts yet after verifying their identity?
                • i cant order my transcripts yet. my letter was dated 21st and i received it on the 23rd of feb. called to verify on the 25th. i hope it only takes 3 wks... im stressed...
                • @stacy my girlfriends letter was dated 2/13 and she got it 2/25 wtw?
                • no not me
                • I am going on 2 weeks almost since I called them and verified myself and than I called 2/22 just to make sure and the guy told me it should take 4weeks from the date I called................than I called 2/23 a different department and they said there has been no new updates yet to call the verifty people and I called them again and the guy looked up my for said the info was punched in on 2/16 we just wait now.....Ya this really sucks I havent been able to order transcripts or anything I will be calling again today for just a friendly reminder I AM STILL HERE
                • Keep us updated allensasha
                • will do
                • Ok so I'm not able to get info from wmr..and its the first time today...I'm calling the nunnery on the letter...only 7 to 10 min wait...if any one wants to join me lol
                • I called 2 mins after they opened yesterday & it said 7-10 min wait...was more like 35 min wait....let us know what they say
                • Was actually 11:21 min lol but he told me the 4 to 6 week mess..but he did say it should be sooner and that they are trying to with asquick as they can...i almost laughed out loud
                • Lol
                • I am calling now over 15 min wait we will see
                • I also got the same letter as y'all and called on the 20th and have mine finally sent to processing. Well after a week of no change I decided to call today to see if I could get anymore info on the wait and the lady told me that as soon as the fraud alert is taken off ours on the  day we verify that we are the right peple then it sits in a " pending" mode for 3weeks. She said there I nothing they can do about the 3 week pending bcuz its how the computer is programmed BUT once the 3weeks is up it will go straight into our account to be processed and she once its get in our accounts we will (should) get it prob within a week. Which makes since to say 4 weeks. She also said at that 3week mark to call back and she should have a DD and it should say accepted and approved. So hope she's right. If anyone calls maybe ask them about the whole pending thing bcuz the way the computer is programmed. Hope this helps y'all.
                • That's when I called also . I just want a dd date
                • Sorry mine posted a lot of times lol not sure what happened.
                • so thats why they tell us 4-6 weeks...in sits in pending mode. very good information thanks.
                • There are so many different things the IRS tells us..it really makes me wonder if they have a clue what they're doing...lol...i think its gonna be a see it to believe thing...every time we make contact we should share what we are told that day...and then as soon as anyone gets a date...update the rest of us:)
                • i will definitely keep everyone informed so we can at least know what is going on and we can see if there is any progress with our refunds and have hope.

the devil has  stolen:
                  ****Emotional Health
                  ****Physical  Health
                  ****Finances
                  ****Relationships
                  ****Children
                  ****  Jobs
                  ****Homes
                  ****Marriages

in the NAME OF JESUS.

And I  declare:

to our  situations:
                  ****our households are blessed;
                  **** our health is  blessed;
                  **** our marriages are blessed;
                  **** our finances are  blessed;
                  **** our relationships are blessed;
                  **** our businesses are  blessed;
                  **** our jobs are blessed;
                  **** our children are blessed;
                  ****  our grandchildren are blessed;
                  **** our parents are blessed;
                  **** our  siblings are blessed;
                  **** our ministries are blessed;
                  **** our decisions  are blessed;
                  **** our friends are blessed.
                  the way;

AMEN!
                • I received 4464c waiting on advocate to call me, hopefully they can help me, I was able to order transcripts but don't have a DD, so frustrating never had to go through all this
                • I called today and they took my number and said the irs will call me with in 30days to talk about my taxes so I guess there is a 2nd part were the irs calls u and asks questions great this new system really sux
                • Just pray I'm in the same boat rent due Friday god be with us all
                • Thanks. Well hopefully this is true. I guess I can deal with it. Lol we will see. I will post back by then if no new updates before then. My 3 week mark is not next Wednesday but the next. I think its the 13th. Will hopefully know something by then. Good luck all
                • nobody would have received the letter and responded by the 5th because the Irs didn't start processing returns until the 30th.  the earliest you could have responded to the letter would have been the 15th.  i responded on the 18th and no change as of today
                • I responded on the 16th.......................Did u recieve any new updates yet cwolsen76
                • no, everything is the same from WMR, they won't talk to me at the IRS until 4 weeks from feb 18th and the advocate won't help unless it's an emergency, or what the consider an emergency, and still can't order return transcripts.
                • Tis is a bunch of bs
                • Agreed. Wonder if I can charge them interest and penalties
                • well another day, and still no change.
                • same here no change no transcript no WMR changes. the more time pases the more angry i get because i know that no one has used my identity to file fraudulent taxes and yet here i am waiting on them to move my return along. while others with much bigger refunds and much more complex returns are already using the refunds. i know i sound so whinny but i am really angry about this delay especially because there are no reasons for it other than the irs incompetence.
                • I agree a 100% aliV1 this really suxs I had mt returned accepted on 1/25............and I called and verified on 2/16 still nothing
                • @aliV1, did u actually work for someone or have your own business? I have my own business, so Im wondering if everyone on here does also or if its a mixture of those who work for companys as well
                • In the same sinking ship....no changes and I responded to the letter on the 2/19....Thi