Did the Child Tax Credit qualifications change for 2012/2013 ?

I qualified for the child tax credit last year & this year I didn't. The only thing that changed was I didn't work at all, but in 2011,  I only worked 2 months & made less then $1200., I have 2 children under age 11 ,  12 months a year. I qualified for a Federal & State tax return for over $3400+ and this year I don't get a Federal or state return.
So why I don't I qualify for child tax credit this year?  I had to use my student loans for income. ( My student loans & Pall Grants were the same as last year).
Default user avatars original d5efadcf497ea7b3d86c6f8d148d66633a29ce78fa8391af628adf32d9989354
  • Asked by reazor
  • TurboTax Deluxe
Options Edit Ask for details Archive

Answer

The Child Tax Credit cannot be used to reduce your tax liabliity below zero.  And since you had no earned income in 2012, the Additional Child Tax Credit does not apply to you either.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
SuperUser
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community