TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

I received a 1099-C Cancellation of Debt form. My only income is Social Security. How do I file this?

I have not had to file an income tax return since 2009.  I have no resources other than my Social Security income and to pay income tax for this debt at this time will be a major financial burden.  What forms do I need to file with the IRS?  Also does New York state require me to file an income tax return?
    In TurboTax, go to Tools, then click Topic Search, then type 1099-c.  The program will help you from there.  For more information about canceled debts, click here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4681.pdf

Similar questions other people found helpful: