alaska permanent fund dividend

where do i claim my childrens permanent fund dividend?

• where do I claim my permanent fund dividend
  • Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend is entered as miscellaneous income not subject to self-employment tax, so it ends up on line 21 of your Form 1040.  Go to…
    Federal Taxes Tab
    Wages & Income
    Choose Explore on my own (if it comes up)
    Then scroll way down to Other Common Income
    Income from Form 1099Misc - Click the Start or Update button

Fill out the 1099Misc form, the amount should be in box 3 then continue
    On the next page for Source of Income pick the 4th circle - Alaska Permanent Fund dividend
  • now after do that is asking for EIN or SSN from where come the income??
  • how do i add my children ak pfd info on my tax return
  • Enter it under
    Federal Income
    Wages and Income
    Choose Explore on My Own
    Then scroll way down to Less Common Income
    Child's Income - click the Start or Update button

Then read my answer below.
  • Which dividend box do I entere the AK permanent fund dividend
  • what is the EIN for the state of alaska PFD?
  • Reporting your 2012 Dividend of $878 for Federal Tax Purposes

Dividends for both adults and children are taxable for federal income tax purposes. Even if part or all of your dividend was garnisheed, the entire amount of the dividend must be reported as taxable income. If you fail to report the PFD on your federal income tax return, a negligence penalty or other sanctions may be imposed on you.

The amount of the 2012 Permanent Fund Dividend is $878.
    The state's Federal Tax Identification number is 92-6001185.
    The PFD Division's mailing address is:
    Permanent Fund Dividend Division
    PO Box 110462
    Juneau, AK 99801-0462

If taxes were withheld from your or your child's PFD, report the withheld amount on IRS form 1040 on the line for "Federal Tax Withheld." If a refund is due after you report the dividend and taxes withheld, the IRS will issue any refund due.

The Permanent Fund Dividend Division does not provide tax advice to dividend recipients. Contact the IRS by calling 1 (800) 829-1040, visit their website at http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=213909,00.html or contact a tax preparer in your area for additional information.

Tax Information
        Deductions
        Current Year Warrant Stub Detail
        Dividend Calculation Overview
  • do i add my childs permanent fund dividend with my own?
  • scroll down for answer
  • The EIN is 92-6001185
If it is less than $950 and that is the only income the child has then nobody has to report it.

If the child's unearned income was between $950 - 1,900  you can file form 8814 in your return *IF* the child’s only income was from interest and dividends, including capital gain distributions and Alaska Permanent Fund dividends.  But not capital gains from Stock or mutual fund sales.  Those only go on the child's return.  They will have to check the box that says they can be claimed on another person's return.

• This is for adults
    Federal Taxes Tab
    Wages & Income