I filed on 2/09/13 and my return was accepted later the same day. On 2/13 my status on IRS WMR changed from accepted to approved and a direct deposit date of 2/19 was given to me. Hopefully that is accurate. So in my case direct deposit date is 10 days from my acceptance date.
just got off the phone with an employee at TurboTax and she informed me that even though the IRS (where's my refund) website may still show your return as being in the processing stages and not approved yet doesn't mean that it hasn't been. She told me that many times even before that site is updated people have gotten their money. I hope this is true.. (I filed on 1/31 .. accepted with the education tax credit on 2/14). Still waiting. frustrated... They sure don't waste any time taking it out of my paycheck every week.....
The IRS has added new tax compliance filters and identity theft screening filters designed to flag fraudulent tax returns for investigation. As a result, the processing of returns is taking longer than in past years. The IRS's goal is to deliver 90 percent of refunds within 21 days.
See below for more information.
See below for more information.
I filed on January 30,2013... I have an education credit, so the IRS did NOT accept my return until Feb. 14th. My return is still PROCESSING with the IRS sadly.... The earliest I was told I would get my refund is Feb. 24rth 2013... here's hoping!!!!
I filed mines on 2/14 and my DD date is 2/25 so just check WMR again or call the IRS
This seems to be the norm with anyone who has filed with an education credit. I too filed on the 30th of Jan. and my return wasn't accepted until the 14th of this month. But I'm pretty sure that it wont be too long now. I say maybe another week tops!
I was accepted on 2/14/13 and got a Dd today for 2/25/13..so good luck everyone
File my return 01/26 and was accepted 01/30 due to the education credit I didnt get process untill after 2/14. I was able to order my return transcript 2/21 and today my status went to approved. I should receive a D.D on 2/26 . If I have not received it by 03/6 contact my bank.
my taxes was accepted by the irs. feb 2, every time check where's my refund , it say still processing.
Contribute an answer
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.